• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Every key should work. Not sure about Dark Souls as it's taken from the CD key section of my steam account before the steamworks patch. I'm sorry if anything ends up being a dupe. Wanted to offer something bigger but I don't really have any money to spend atm

Retail keys for Dark Souls were GFWL keys (so in these cases the key that Steam spat out was the same) and the keys that Steam generated for store-bought copies were blacklisted to prevent another SFIV:AE situation.

Royal Rat Authority... how I hated that fight. Darklurker was pretty cool, though.

And no, you won't start NG+ right away. You'll fight Nashandra, fight
the Scholar of the first Sin
, see the ending and then you're free to finish whatever you like.
You need to select NG+ in Majula in order to start it.
I tried the big rat fairly early on and got literally stomped on heavy ;)
Now I feel more capable. Let's do this!

Oh, awesome about how NG+ is done! Thanks for the tip. Now I will carefree finish them all off.

I didn't know that. That sounds good. Does that disregard SoulMemory totally though? I am SL186 and friends are most likely much lower level.

I don't think it disregards it, but makes the range larger.

Unless they changed it and made it not suck.

But SL186 is massive for NG. Like super massive.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Retail keys for Dark Souls were GFWL keys (so in these cases the key that Steam spat out was the same) and the keys that Steam generated for store-bought copies were blacklisted to prevent another SFIV:AE situation.

Ah, bummer...Sorry Blak_Status :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So many wonderful people's birthday today - happy birthday to everyone who's celebrating!

6jTyF9M.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly I'm not a huge Paradox or Grand Strategy player, but I think they're a pretty good company in terms of delivering value. The cosmetic DLC is clearly optional, and I don't think anyone buys all of it. But the paid DLC is normally pretty reasonable. I look at it like a subscription type scenario. They could release a Victoria, a CK, and an EU every year, but instead they iterate on them in multi-year cycles by doing expansion packs. And my sense is that unlike, say, The Sims, the difference between fully expanded game -> base version of next game is not so severe that people feel like they're downgrading rather than upgrading. I also think that the average player plays like 8,000,000,000,000 hours of their games, so it's not like there's not going to be good value for money.

I guess I just feel that if you assess business models on a case by case basis, there are a lot of exploitative DLC schemes that really don't deliver good value to the consumer, and I don't think Paradox is like that.

Also while I'm not a big user of mods, Paradox does a great job of making basically everything in all their games accessible. I don't know about formal Steam Workshop support or whatever, but I was able to noodle around with EU 3 events. So I'm impressed with them from that POV and I think that adds further value. Like, the baseline is clearly not taking measures to actively prevent mods, but actively making them easy is a great thing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of someguyinahat, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (someguyinahat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NeoGAF Steam Emoticon -- MB-94662AF81E4BFDFC - Taken by kurahador. 28 entrants total.
Winner will need to add me as a friend on Steam if they aren't already and we'll do the transaction then

t1426562329z1.png

I don't think it disregards it, but makes the range larger.

Unless they changed it and made it not suck.

But SL186 is massive for NG. Like super massive.
I also don't know how that could happen. Feels like leveling up is much easier and faster in DS2 than DS1. I even grinded loads in DS1 and still was much lower SL.

I think I will Vessel and rearrange points and leave some out to not be this high.

Also, I just checked my Ancient Dragon fight screens from yesterday and it was way closer than I thought. Hurts that only one mistake so close to finish foiled everything :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The horror
V48vwdg.png

Sup guys.

And so begins the race to determine who of SteamGAF has the bottom-most tier internet and who of SteamGAF, unwilling to let the peasants moan about abstract inequity but instead be showered in abject inequity, the upper-most tier internet.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Birthdays are fine and all, but they only come once a year. Rather we should celebrate everyone's Un-Birthdays!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa...very merry Un-birthday to you!
I have to.
And so begins the race to determine who of SteamGAF has the bottom-most tier internet and who of SteamGAF, unwilling to let the peasants moan about abstract inequity but instead be showered in abject inequity, the upper-most tier internet.
You betcha!
4218336899.png

Though I do remember the awful days of 56kbps dial-up all too well. My internet was about half Pupo's speeds until late 2013.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Killer is Dead is on GamersGate for $5.

9RgEuZA.png

I also don't know how that could happen. Feels like leveling up is much easier and faster in DS2 than DS1. I even grinded loads in DS1 and still was much lower SL.

I think I will Vessel and rearrange points and leave some out to not be this high.

Also, I just checked my Ancient Dragon fight screens from yesterday and it was way closer than I thought. Hurts that only one mistake so close to finish foiled everything :(

Yikes, still on Ancient Dragon? That fight is such a pain in the ass. Really awful design.

Yikes, still on Ancient Dragon? That fight is such a pain in the ass. Really awful design.
He reminds me of Kalameet but his flame from the air has way too wide of an aoe. If that was toned to Kalameet levels it would be much fairer.
This way it gets very tedious.

Dsyndrome

Happy birthday peoples!
crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

Weekly's come up at 10:00 Pacific, right?
He reminds me of Kalameet but his flame from the air has way too wide of an aoe. If that was toned to Kalameet levels it would be much fairer.
This way it gets very tedious.
If you stay outside of that circle arc near the entrance, you should be able to escape the flames, unless something changed from when I beat him.

It may be one of the better DLC strategies but for me only one thing counts. Paradox's DLCs are very often expensive and don't go down much. Add on top that there are always loads of non-cosmetic ones and it gets a serious expensive pain to have all "real" content. I haven't seen any good deals in terms of season pass or goty editions for either CK2 or EU4 either, so while their DLCs are usuallly good, it is a pain to get them all.

75% off is a pretty good discount in my book. CK2's DLCs regularly reach that. Though, yes, the latest batch of DLC get lesser discounts, generally until a new batch is released.

As to expansion vs. cosmetic, Paradox has handled that far better than some, at least for CK2. The cosmetic DLCs are low-cost and entirely insignificant, only there if you really want it or desire to support development. The expansions, meanwhile, coincide with free content patches and add a fair chunk of content to the game, making them game-changing but not strictly required.

If Cities: Skylines follows this model it'll have a long life, indeed.

MUnited83

For you.
Happy birthday Sarcasm!
Happy birthday Sub-Zero!
Happy birthday Monk!
Happy birthday Supaidaman!

So many people these days. Now I know why it is called the summer of love..

Yup, you were totally right. I had 4 giant souls and waited a lot to get summons helping me out. After a while of nothing I checked the web and turns out it is a boss fight you have to do alone. Haha, I am sometimes stupid.

Anyway, he looks goofy and harmless but damn his swipe attacks are much faster than expected. Got right behind his legs and surprisingly his huge swings miss totally there. Was only a matter of patience after that.

Not much left sadly. Royal Rat Authority, Darklurker stuff and Nashandra. I will give the ancient dragon a couple more tries though. It nags on me.

I will leave Nashandra for the final but I hope killing her won't trigger NG+ since I wan't to "pause" my game until I get DLC.

I didn't know that. That sounds good. Does that disregard SoulMemory totally though? I am SL186 and friends are most likely much lower level.

It may be one of the better DLC strategies but for me only one thing counts. Paradox's DLCs are very often expensive and don't go down much. Add on top that there are always loads of non-cosmetic ones and it gets a serious expensive pain to have all "real" content. I haven't seen any good deals in terms of season pass or goty editions for either CK2 or EU4 either, so while their DLCs are usuallly good, it is a pain to get them all.

Wait, wut? No, it's the other way around. They make new "GOTY" editions constantly that have almost all the content (except for the most recent expansions). Those GOTY editions go regularly on sale for 75%off. Individual DLCs also go on sale pretty quickly.

Wait, wut? No, it's the other way around. They make new "GOTY" editions constantly that have almost all the content (except for the most recent expansions). Those GOTY editions go regularly on sale for 75%off. Individual DLCs also go on sale pretty quickly.
Really? Man, I could swear last WS I explicitly was disappointed that EU4 & CK2 didn't have GOTY edition with all DLC o_O
Must have mixed it up with something else.

MrNelson

Banned
A few questions for SteamGaf before the sales roll over.

1. Does Assassin's Creed 2 still require an internet connection to play?

2. Do Brotherhood or Revelations require any interaction with Uplay?

3. Does 3 still run badly on AMD gpus?

So I got an invite to this group yesterday, I thought it was from one of you guys. But the person who invited me wasn't someone i recognized. Everyone in that group is also strangers to me.

I'm 99% sure this is a scam, so be careful guys. Don't accept if you get something like this.

Here is the link to the group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/7_ffree_gagamesdlc

I got the same invite, also from someone that I didn't know.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
So I got an invite to this group yesterday, I thought it was from one of you guys. But the person who invited me wasn't someone i recognized. Everyone in that group is also strangers to me.

I'm 99% sure this is a scam, so be careful guys. Don't accept if you get something like this.

Here is the link to the group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/7_ffree_gagamesdlc

The Admin is a level 1 with 1 game and Zero playtime. I'm also wary at the russian text and lack of comments from other users in the group. Definitely highly suspicious.

I got the same invite, also from someone that I didn't know.

Same here. I just ignored it.

madjoki

There's literally multiple groups with same name + text.

So ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom