• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

far cry 3 is fun, maybe i'll hate it at some point for its missions, but i think i'll get more mileage out of it than ass creed, i'm enjoying the combat

Exuro

I just realized, Valve needs to give the Tabletop Simulator guys a Vive devkit. That in vr with motion controls would be amazing. So many awesome workshop items too.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I just realized, Valve needs to give the Tabletop Simulator guys a Vive devkit. That in vr with motion controls would be amazing. So many awesome workshop items too.

not any more ... well - soon ... they added stuff to TOS that allows them to remove all the copyright infringing workshop items

Ryne

I know this is an absurd question, but I am going to ask it anyway.

How likely is Oceanhorn going to be region-locked on Nuuvem? They are selling it for about 9 CAD as others have stated, and I would like to buy it in case they region lock it later.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not Steam news, but still:

It looks like in preparation of GOG Galaxy, GOG is "unbundling" a lot games on their service. The games themselves will still be sold in the same bundles as always (for now) but there will be a separate shelf entry / download / etc for a lot of games on the service that were previously only available for download in their respective bundles.

I'm pretty excited actually!

Full list here

lashman

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Aveyond: Gates of Night -- MB-68E5DD9197901E6B - Taken by dot
Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-64AE3A2416794CA2 - Taken by RedFyn
Cold Contract -- MB-0676ABB6C6E96422 - Taken by Saty
Snowcat Simulator -- MB-254116A071BDA684 - Taken by arts&crafts
The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles -- MB-E3D6F11684580C6D - Taken by darkchewie

back that truck up ;)

zkylon

zkylewd

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what is gog galaxy

It's the client software they're working on. They're building their own client to compete with services like Steam and Origin.

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

They'll be using it to leverage stuff like online multiplayer and achievements, but will remain completely optional (since your games are DRM-free).

lashman

It's the client software they're working on. They're building their own client to compete with services like Steam and Origin.

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

They'll be using it to leverage stuff like online multiplayer and achievements, but will remain completely optional (since your games are DRM-free).

I really do hope they'll become big enough to finally make volvo move their lazy ass and start fixing shit

Kagemusha

It looks like in preparation of GOG Galaxy, GOG is "unbundling" a lot games on their service. The games themselves will still be sold in the same bundles as always (for now) but there will be a separate shelf entry / download / etc for a lot of games on the service that were previously only available for download in their respective bundles.

Full list here

Nice. Wasn't a huge issue for me because most games are small downloads. This reminds me that I should play King's Quest 8 to see how bad it is and then delete it.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Indie Gala Extras

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aveyond: Gates of Night -- MB-0805A95E3F8237DE - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.
Cold Contract -- MB-600E74D86F8E2F9A - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Darkstone -- MB-C09EBB9C77791FCB - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-2574DD4B89A77783 - Taken by Cth. 6 entrants total.
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-CB7A656C79CEE35D - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.

t1426625813z1.png

7ViwYNm.png

#FeelsGood

Grinding for materials to craft all the weapons was a pain, but everything else was honestly really easy. Everything I'd heard before playing was about how hard it was. Yeah, there was a learning curve, but you should have it all pretty much figured out by the time you take down the Gargoyles. Sure, some bosses are tough, but honestly the game was overall relatively easy. The only thing I didn't like is the whole phantoms/summons/invasions system. That all could have been done so much better. Overall, I loved it. Can't wait to get my hands on II once the GOTY version is released.

On a related note, fuck exclusivity. I don't know why From would put Bloodbourne on only PS4. Surely it would have made way more money as a multiplat than whatever Sony paid them. Fuck exclusivity.

Damn... Finding Teddy 2 looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lepw8u05wQs

Nice. I liked the first one, it was a neat, cute little game. But being mainly P&C, it was also kind of boring. Looks like this one is gonna be a full-fledged platformer, which I am all about.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
On a related note, fuck exclusivity. I don't know why From would put Bloodbourne on only PS4. Surely it would have made way more money as a multiplat than whatever Sony paid them. Fuck exclusivity.

Look man you just don't understand. Bloodborne never could have been made without Sony. Who would have funded a project like that where we have no clue what size market it might attract? It's such a risky proposition!

def sim

I finished Hotline Miami 2. It's okay enough, though it's certainly a slower paced game. I'll likely get 100% later in the year.

should i start up Original Sin now, or wait till the upcoming (?) 2.0 version? Kind of want to play an rpg I can get lost in for a week.

iosefe

*lazy mode*

What exactly does D:OS's 2.0 entail, and should I start a fresh game when it hits?

Only 15 hours in but I haven't played with in a while so it's probably for the best

*edit*

Oh

jshackles

A lot of people have requested this so I've been working on it for a while.

Today I'm proud to announce the initial release of the Steam Invite Spam Filter application!

This program is designed to minimize the amount of Steam community invite "spam" that many users have been experiencing. You can configure the program to either reject all invites or to reject only those invites from profiles of a certain level or lower.

This application is "Early Access"! You may encounter bugs, which you can report here.

If you're constantly plagued by invite spam, give it a try and let me know well it works for you!

I'm already working on more updates and features to the application, but I thought it would be best to get this out there and get some user feedback. I hope this helps some of you!

titch

It looks like in preparation of GOG Galaxy GOG is "unbundling" a lot games

Only heard of Galaxy about a fortnight ago - really looking forward to it.

I tended to stick with steam even when the DRM option was there just because i was being lazy and it was so easy to manage installs via the steam client.

Here's hoping galaxy takes off and as others have said puts pressure on valve to improve.

A lot of people have requested this so I've been working on it for a while.

Today I'm proud to announce the initial release of the Steam Invite Spam Filter application!

If you're constantly plagued by invite spam, give it a try and let me know well it works for you!

I'm already working on more updates and features to the application, but I thought it would be best to get this out there and get some user feedback. I hope this helps some of you!

Nice! I don't suppose it has a way to auto-report users it blocks, does it?

jshackles

Nice! I don't suppose it has a way to auto-report users it blocks, does it?

Not currently, but that's something I'm working on. As well as a ton of other stuff like an option to block (instead of ignore) as well as adding filtering rules for things like number of friends/groups in common, number of games owned, number of days the account's been open, etc.

Should be pretty slick eventually.

Not currently, but that's something I'm working on. As well as a ton of other stuff like an option to block (instead of ignore) as well as adding filtering rules for things like number of friends/groups in common, number of games owned, number of days the account's been open, etc.

Should be pretty slick eventually.

Oh that sounds awesome. Typically I like to report the user and then block them. I figure maybe if enough people are reporting these people eventually the volume will make them stop and take notice and do something about it.

Salsa

the Alien in Isolation is a bit dumber than I thought

there's been a few moments where I figured it straight up found me and I was able to fool it pretty easily

im fucking glad

Dsyndrome

Bad Rats is $.24, that means buy it right?

And Big Trouble in Little China is Kurt Russell's best movie since The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

Chariot

Holy shit, tabletop simulator is amazing! I only wanted to try it out with a friend, but we ended up playing straight for four hours with different games only coming to an end because he has work early tommorrow and got to sleep. Another friend also started to watch us and is noe gathering people for a 4-pack of his own.

Also thanks again, trailmix o/

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Holy shit, tabletop simulator is amazing! I only wanted to try it out with a friend, but we ended up playing straight for four hours with different games only coming to an end because he has work early tommorrow and got to sleep. Another friend also started to watch us and is noe gathering people for a 4-pack of his own.

Some friends and I just picked this up earlier.

I'm doomed, aren't I? ;-;

\o hell yeah

lashman

I see you're cheating on Skylines with another game ....

bad Chariot, bad!! shame on you!!

JMTHEFOX

Bought some bundles from Bundle Stars, including the recent ones.

Interested in Kung fu strike and f1 all stars. Will activate and download after I build my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom