• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teppic

Trash:

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) -- MB-234CA2AF49C79154 - Taken by Eila
ulgzbKC.png
Micy Roll (Desura) -- MB-039F78AC1A2EF3E4
Litil Divil -- MB-F3685BCB3176A7B0 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Borealis -- MB-F83D05DDC96A8742 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (Desura) -- MB-605503F237CA31F0
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-FD4D4170EB68D121 - Taken by RedFyn
ulgzbKC.png
Battlepaths (Desura) -- MB-17456FD4CC3629A6 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Cardinal Quest (Desura) -- MB-775A8DA9D2A2480D - Taken by crazyrabbits
ulgzbKC.png
Battlepaths (Desura) #2 -- MB-2503FECFFDCC1B67

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
nah it used to be just a numeric value but I remember an update broke it

It still works. Default:
grid11aula.jpg

-1:
grid204u1r.jpg

You have to change the interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading values in resource\layout\gamespage_grid.layout, not the skin's own version of the file. The latter hasn't worked in yonks. Also keep in mind that the file size can't change, so when replacing the values you need to use two characters.

Salsa

It still works. Default:
grid11aula.jpg

-1:
grid204u1r.jpg

You have to change the interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading values in resource\layout\gamespage_grid.layout, not the skin's own version of the file. The latter hasn't worked in yonks. Also keep in mind that the file size can't change, so when replacing the values you need to use two characters.

cool, but odd, since I thought I was changing the core value and not the skin's one already years ago

You should give it a spin. I never finished it because it kind of goes on for a bit, but I really liked what I played.

I dont much care for fantasy stuff which is what kept me away from it but everyone says it's a fantastic adventure game

HoosTrax

You should give it a spin. I never finished it because it kind of goes on for a bit, but I really liked what I played.
Does the pink muppet character make a return in the new game? I don't remember much specifically about the first game and it's spinoff, but the muppet was pretty adorable and funny.

Shepard

For those who dont have Costume Quest, there's a code hidden in this post, just quote to see it.

dex looks really cool, it's too bad it's not actually on sale despite what steam wants to make you believe

Some Steam reviews are saying the devs are not updating the project anymore, is that true?

For those who dont have Costume Quest, there's a code hidden in this post, just quote to see it.

Some Steam reviews are saying the devs are not updating the project anymore, is that true?

They were at Rezzed last week, at the moment they are transitioning to full release in April which is why there has been no updates for a while.

The game is a cross between Castlevania and Deus Ex and is pretty good, the build I played had a few bugs but otherwise its a really good cyberpunk game. The only problem with the game is that you can level up too quickly, after 20 mins I had maxed out both health and meele skills they need to reduce the amount of points you get when you level up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I told people that Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is crap but no one listened to me ;_;

Not content with building interchanges in Cities: Skylines?

Atari just released Chris Sawyer's Locomotion on Steam.

how does this compare to Sid Meier's Railroads?

Speaking of which why was that game removed from Steam?

HoosTrax

how does this compare to Sid Meier's Railroads?

Speaking of which why was that game removed from Steam?
It might be unsupported on modern versions of Windows. The last time I played the game, I think it was on either XP or Win2k, and I distinctly remember it crashing to desktop constantly. I still managed to enjoy the hell out of the game, but it was just not very stable.

Sendou

Some Steam reviews are saying the devs are not updating the project (Dex) anymore, is that true?

Well on their Facebook page they announced the full voice acting cast just yesterday so there's definitely activity. I think it's just the usual case where updates haven't been as frequent as early adopters would have hoped.

Binary Domain worth the coin?

A bit late on the reply here, but at that price? Sure. It's a thoroughly competent 3rd-person cover shooter with some fun party interactions and some neat characters. Some of the robot enemies have a bit too much HP so you feel like you are chipping away at them forever, but it's an enjoyable game while it lasts and doesn't overstay it's welcome.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So are there any impressions on Oceanhorn? I kinda want to try our Wind Faker HD now that it's on a platform i can use buttons with.

I was curious myself so I looked up a couple of things. It has an 85 on Metacritic after 19 reviews, but unfortunately there's almost zero data on HLTB: the standard playthrough average is slightly north of nine hours, but this is based on just two submissions.

ViviOggi

The WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) is a client/server solution that makes online games faster. Our proprietary software client hooks latency sensitive game data, sending that data through our global network of over 100 servers, optimizing the game connection from end to end.

Seems legit

HoosTrax

A bit late on the reply here, but at that price? Sure. It's a thoroughly competent 3rd-person cover shooter with some fun party interactions and some neat characters. Some of the robot enemies have a bit too much HP so you feel like you are chipping away at them forever, but it's an enjoyable game while it lasts and doesn't overstay it's welcome.
+1 for the bullet-spongy-ness of the enemies

I didn't like the main character and I found Bo overrated. But on the other hand, the environmental design is nice to look at, it has some very distinctly Japanese-feeling boss fights, and notably well-done and detailed texture work. Seriously, the texturing is what actually stood out to me the most. Games where there's sloppy, blurry, stretched texturing really bug me.

The gameplay is merely adequate and unremarkable, so it's kind of like Spec Ops: The Line in that regard.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems legit

I find it strange that programs like this are expressly against the SSA - but its okay somehow because it's being done by a product sold on Steam itself.

I need that Greenlight submission for Idle Master...

EDIT:
You are entitled to use the Content and Services for your own personal use, but you are not entitled to: ... (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Content and Services or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Content and Services, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Content and Services, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, websites or services, without the prior written consent of Valve

So - I guess they obviously got permission.

Annubis

It is legit, it's a game tunneling service. Lowers your ping a bit if your ISP gives you a shit route to the the specific game server. WTFast itself isn't as good as some of the other tunneling services out there though.

Depending on where you are and where the servers are, it could make your ping worst though.
Using FFXIV as an example, one of the NA server is physically like 30 minutes away from my home.
If I have to go to one of their server that's further then back here, I'd actually worsen my latency.

Blitzhex

Depending on where you are and where the servers are, it could make your ping worst though.
Using FFXIV as an example, one of the NA server is physically like 30 minutes away from my home.
If I have to go to one of their server that's further then back here, I'd actually worsen my latency.

Yeah, true. It's usually targetted towards people in Asia/Australia connecting to US/EU servers like me :p

I'm trying to buy the Dragon bundle on indie gala and it seems like it's not going through, with paypal it comes up with an error page, and when I did credit card I put my card number in, and clicked pay then spat me out the the same page. No email or anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Vlad

Always happy to pass along some VVVVVV goodness in case anybody's never played it before.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vlad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

VVVVVV -- MB-3CD5CADFC7E5BDF0
Titan Attacks! -- MB-3ACFA47256ABE52B - Taken by abracadaver. 4 entrants total.

t1426623208z1.png

dex3108

So Titan X is 1000$. I would never be able to buy one of those and to be honest i would rather buy PS4 and 980 than Titan X if i had that much money :D

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
No Lurkers

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Costume Quest -- MB-136C2624D99ED004 - Taken by Akuosa. 11 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-756209FE4098BEDD - Taken by blueberry_racehorse

t1426709068z1.png
x

Phinor

Oceanhorn is really quite good actually, another win for Finnish developers (well that win came couple of years ago when the iOS version sold tons of copies but who would play Zelda clone with touch controls). It's not a mindblowing experience but it will very likely be one of those games we all recommend buying a humble bundle six months from now. It does stutter a bit (or a lot if you put vsync off) but other than that, works great on my computer. I haven't tried this but supposedly kb+mouse controls aren't good. Gamepad works great though.

derExperte

So Titan X is 1000$. I would never be able to buy one of those and to be honest i would rather buy PS4 and 980 than Titan X if i had that much money :D

Reading a German review right now and the card seems to get rather loud but still too hot to consistently reach the highest possible clock rates. Kills it right there even if I was willing to spend the money. Watercooling is of course an option but then things become even more expensive/complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom