• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Enjoy three good games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Costume Quest -- MB-757AB36415EBE1C6 - Taken by SSPssp
VVVVVV -- MB-6304328A795017A2 - Taken by Mr. Doop
Titan Attacks -- MB-839FA03408B0972D - Taken by darkchewie

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Aww yiss. Just got my last There Came An Echo card from my purchase orders and crafted the badge to receive the Neogaf emoticon. Cost me 12p to get the emoticon which is worth over £1. Not that I'm selling it on. Not that I won't think about getting more cards to try and craft another..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would I be fine buying Pillars of Eternity from Nuuvem? it doesnt say anything about region locks but I dont know if Valve changed their policy lately

Yes. There are no region-specific packages and Valve's chang to the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting flag doesn't affect retail keys... well, with the exception of gift copies earned from activating a multi-pack key, but as the person doing so that's irrelevant if you're outside of Eastern Europe/South America/South-east Asia/Turkey.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
FYI - nuuvem is having a huuuuge Total War sale .... so if you're missing any of the games/DLC - now would be a good time to grab 'em ;)

lashman

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round drops Soft Engine and extra levels on the PC

it has begun ...
I'm talking about sites picking up on the topic ... not the info itself

D8buWr0.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is just a reminder to folks: I advise against running Idle Master while connected to a VAC-enabled server.

I had a user report this morning that they received a VAC ban after having Idle Master running while connected to a VAC-enabled server. As it could have literally been a thousand other things (malware, keylogger, legitimate hack, etc) and there has only been the one case, I've reached out to Valve to see if they can provide any additional clarification.

I've heard from several others who said that they've run Idle Master while connected to a VAC server and have so far been unaffected, but this could be a recent change.

So remember, it's best practice to completely shut down Idle Master (make sure you're not "in-game") before connecting to a VAC-enabled server.

dex3108

Reading a German review right now and the card seems to get rather loud but still too hot to consistently reach the highest possible clock rates. Kills it right there even if I were willing to spend the money. Watercooling is of course an option but then things become even more expensive.

And 295x2 is beating Titan X in almost every test i saw. But then again power consumption is really high for 295x2.

Parsnip

So are there any impressions on Oceanhorn? I kinda want to try out Wind Faker HD now that it's on a platform i can use buttons with.

oceanhorn-pots.gif

Can't break pots with the sword, I don't know how to feel about this.

Seems neat so far, though moving through the menus is a bit awkward with a controller. Yanked everything to full and all and seems to work fine. Except that for some reason the menus occasionally tank the framerate to 5fps for a few seconds. Even has borderless fullscreen.

lashman

oceanhorn-pots.gif

Seems neat so far, though moving through the menus is a bit awkward with a controller. Yanked everything to full and all and seems to work fine. Except that for some reason the menus occasionally tank the framerate to 5fps for a few seconds. Even has borderless fullscreen.

can't?!? O_O

that's it ... pre-order retroactively cancelled ... hype = dead

oceanhorn-pots.gif

that gif breaks my heart. next you're going to tell me that you can attack chickens endlessly and not pay any consequences for it.

Miguel81

http://beerlake.net/dump/oceanhorn-pots.gif[img]

Seems neat so far, though moving through the menus is a bit awkward with a controller. Yanked everything to full and all and seems to work fine. Except that for some reason the menus occasionally tank the framerate to 5fps for a few seconds. Even has borderless fullscreen.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's one compulsive act that I won't have to suffer with. Cutting grass in Zelda was an experience.

Mr. Doop

oceanhorn-pots.gif

There's something about this gif that makes me really sad.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F36EE33EFA94E1BD - Taken by Blu(e)

maybe if we keep annoying Tecmo Koei they'll apologize for not using the Sigma version of Ninja Gaiden and will be launching with the Black Xbox version instead.

we're so close, we just need to keep pushing.

+1 for the bullet-spongy-ness of the enemies

I didn't like the main character and I found Bo overrated. But on the other hand, the environmental design is nice to look at, it has some very distinctly Japanese-feeling boss fights, and notably well-done and detailed texture work. Seriously, the texturing is what actually stood out to me the most. Games where there's sloppy, blurry, stretched texturing really bug me.

The gameplay is merely adequate and unremarkable, so it's kind of like Spec Ops: The Line in that regard.

The main gameplay element that hooked me was the satisfying *clink* of popping the enemies heads off. But different to your experience I really enjoyed all of the characters (well I only really played with Faye, Bo and robot man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom