• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
not everything is a waifu you cuntbirds

I looked through some screenshots of the game and I dunno, that looks kind of like a waifu.

CDA6506279A82F5F189F3284FF732368DF396CD4

Extras, extras.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Costume Quest -- MB-F8320A8FCA4A8B85 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 6 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-E9B161E1BF15153C - Taken by jackharm. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-44513B13E4BCF350 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 1 entrants total.

t1426626508z1.png

Grief.exe

Bioshock Infinite is out on Linux. Runs quite good too from what I've read.

Shitty dlc/goty scheme aside, 2K is one of the publishers that's really pressing forward with Linux/Steam OS and that's good to see.

Warner and 2K going all out with Linux support.

I've only tested Cities Skylines on Linux so far, and will be testing Hotline Miami 2 when my vinyl finally comes in. The first patch for Cities will target Linux performance issues, which are really crippling.

oh my .... an isometric camera mod for Skylines O_O

That looks exactly like SimCity 4!

Parsnip

can't?!? O_O

that's it ... pre-order retroactively cancelled ... hype = dead
that gif breaks my heart. next you're going to tell me that you can attack chickens endlessly and not pay any consequences for it.
There's something about this gif that makes me really sad.
If it makes you feel any better, you can pick it up and throw it. Even got an achievement for killing an enemy with a pot. :p

Well, that's one compulsive act that I won't have to suffer with. Cutting grass in Zelda was an experience.
Oh, you can still cut grass. So much grass. Must cut.

Lain

Almost bought the Deadrising 2 Complete Pack but noticed it was missing the DLC that was released today, so I'll wait for the Complete Complete Pack.

Getting close to finishing Ori but the fire... dungeon feels a lot more stressing than the other 2. Even with all the skills and abilities unlocked it's still punishing.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round drops Soft Engine and extra levels on the PC

it has begun ...
I'm talking about sites picking up on the topic ... not the info itself

D8buWr0.jpg
Wow. It feels even worse that this info gets out after the pre-order went live.
This is not cool and I can't undetstand the reasoning. Wouldn' it be less work to just make one vetsion across all platforms. This is stupid and I hope Tecmo Koei gets what they deserve, so that neither them nor other pubs pull things like this anymore.
just threw my 3DS and Wii U in the trash

:(
Come on ozi. You know WiiU/3DS will still have their great games which won't be coming on PC/mobile. It's gonna be mostly forgettable stuff imo.
Wow this looks beautiful. Someone should post these to milena.
This is exactly what I thought future SimCity games would look like back in the SimCity 2000 days.

HoosTrax

How does laying roads work in Cities Skylines? That was one aspect I was super anal about when I was playing Tropico -- my roads must either be perfectly straight and aligned on a grid, or they must be perfectly smooth curves (ideally semicircles) joining two straights.

Seeing some of the screenshots make my road-OCDness want to throw a fit.

A lot of devs use the Grin name as a badge of honor or some sort of selling point, but didn't they just make a handful of shit license games then get shut down?

Jawmuncher

A lot of devs use the Grin name as a badge of honor or some sort of selling point, but didn't they just make a handful of shit license games then get shut down?

You take that back!
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
Bionic Commando

All 3 of these games were great. Only Terminator Salvation was outright bad.

Nabs

Bionic Command:Rearmed is so good. It also has an amazing soundtrack! These devs (Woolfe) have no connection to the real Grin. The team that made BC:R ended up splitting into a bunch of different studios. Overkill (Payday), Might and Delight (Pid, Shelter, Blue Flamingo) and Fatshark (Krater, Hamilton's, Lead and Gold).

Parsnip

Opinions and all that, but Terminator and Wanted were okayish. They were really short which helped. Bionic Commando was pretty good, sometimes even great. BC Rearmed was excellent. No clue about the Ghost Recon games.

You take that back!
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
Bionic Commando

All 3 of these games were great. Only Terminator Salvation was outright bad.

I've played all of those and I don't think any of them were very good! Wanted had some cool ideas but fell totally flat and Terminator had an easy platinum trophy on PS3, that's about the only good things I can say about Grin as a whole.

Well they also developed Bionic Commando Rearmed, one of the best reimaginings of a retro classic. So they get a pass from all the shit licensed games.

Also they were developing games based on the Strider, Streets of Rage, and Final Fantasy IPs. I am curious to see what they would've looked like in their final stages.

L.O.R.D

This is just a reminder to folks: I advise against running Idle Master while connected to a VAC-enabled server.

I had a user report this morning that they received a VAC ban after having Idle Master running while connected to a VAC-enabled server. As it could have literally been a thousand other things (malware, keylogger, legitimate hack, etc) and there has only been the one case, I've reached out to Valve to see if they can provide any additional clarification.

I've heard from several others who said that they've run Idle Master while connected to a VAC server and have so far been unaffected, but this could be a recent change.

So remember, it's best practice to completely shut down Idle Master (make sure you're not "in-game") before connecting to a VAC-enabled server.

what about run the program while i am watching a movie or reading on internet ?
and it picked up a game that have VAC

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Just running a game that has VAC capabilities (without being connected to a secured server) shouldn't cause any sort of ban under any circumstances. So it should be perfectly okay if Idle Master idles a game such as CS:GO while you're watching a movie or reading the internet. The key is to not leave Idle Master running in the background while simultaneously launching CS:GO and connecting to a VAC-enabled server to play a competitive match.

Again I've reached out to Valve for clarification, but haven't received a response.

Deitus

Idle Master isn't going to connect to any game server when it idles a game, so there's no chance of that having a problem.

It's a totally avoidable issue, if you just don't run Idle Master while you are playing another game. Which you really shouldn't be doing anyway, because the card drop rate tanks when you have multiple games running at once.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pretty sure you will get +50xp

And a cool logo with birthday balloons and streamers on the home page*

*If you're browsing with Enhanced Steam on Chrome

Nabs

Geoff Keighley just released a Podcast with Gabe Newell and Erik Johnson:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012336

Geoff Keighley sits down with Gabe Newell and Erik Johnson from Valve to discuss the state of one of the most respected video game companies in the world. Hear Gabe and Erik discuss Steam VR, Steam Machines, Source 2, and the future direction of Valve.

5:30 - Why Valve Moved Into Hardware
9:06 - Valve's Electronics Plant
10:45 - Valve's Hardware Workshop?
12:05 - Titanium vs. Plutonium
13:43 - Erik on the Valve Hardware
16:11 - Valve's Forward Investing
19:10 - Linux vs. Windows
24:31 - Gabe on VR
32:40 - Erik on VR
34:50 - Will Valve Make VR Content?
46:42 - Source 2 Plans
38:46 - When Will Valve Make Another game?
44:18 - The Voice Workshop?
46:45 - Mobile vs VR
53:13 - DOTA Driven by the Fans
57:12 - Gabe's Toughest Decision

ExoSoul

Banned
Could some kind soul please direct me to the "Guide of giving stuff away through ModBot"?
I need that to make an overdue give-away, and for two other games.

Thank you in advance =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom