• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

uhhh

so I will have to wait a week to sell my summer seal cards for crafting badges?

WTF

It was always a good way for me to pump up my wallet before the sale..

fucking ridiculous.

HELP
I'm trying to get a refund for my GTAV preorder I emailed Steam and they said this

"Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

You are welcome to return your pre-order purchase at any time prior to the release of the title.

To do so, log in to your Steam account details and view your Store Transactions page.

Games eligible for credit will show "Request a refund" under the total purchase amount.

Please click "Request a refund" and follow the prompts to complete the return process which will credit your Steam Wallet. The credit can be used for future Steam purchases.

To view your current available Steam Wallet balance:
- The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner next to "[Your username]'s Account".
- In most cases, the new funds will automatically be displayed in your account.
- If this has not happened, please allow two hours for the transaction to fully complete.

Please Note: This only applies to pre-orders purchased from your account; pre-ordered titles received or sent through the Steam Trading system cannot be returned for Wallet credit. We do not offer refunds, exchanges or Wallet credit for Early Access Games."

I went to my game page selected the game and its grayed out I cant click on GTA5, what should I do now?

Did you redeem or trade the free copy of San Andreas that came with the pre-order?

BasilZero

You shouldn't have an issue with SP. Is MP still breathing after the death of Gamespy?

Crysis 1 tip: Use hotkeys for your suit powers. Either enable Suit Shortcuts (double tap shift/s/space/crouch I think), or set your own. It'll make the game so much better :)

Thanks for the tip....

Errr the support agent is asking for my code.....is that...a good idea?

derExperte

uhhh

WTF

fucking ridiculous.

This would also mean that you can't sell those cards at all if you craft them in the last week of the sale because they'll disappear before the lock expires. Nah, they have to change that.

Miguel81

I would say so, the way they incorporated the Missing Link DLC seamlessly into the game is nice and the developer commentary some of the most interesting I've heard in a game. I think they also fixed a few bugs and redid the boss fights to make them beatable for a stealth character. I got it for $5 when they released it as part of a loyalty discount for current owners of DX HR, I feel like it's definitely worth that much.

Such a good commentary, and made the second playthrough a joy. Kept going out of my way to find all the bits. It's also how I learned that
you could save Faridah

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Its not a huge deal, I got the game on Xbox one, but I would eventually trade it in at least I will always have it on steam

don't be so sure about that ... we still have no idea when it's coming out ... if ever ;)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This would also mean that you couldn't sell sale cards at all if you crafted them in the last week of the sale because they would disappear. Nah, they have to change that.

Alternatively, they could get rid of sale cards entirely and focus solely on gems, which would remain available all year long instead of only being available for a short period of time.

There, problem solved. You can thank me later, Gaben.

Oreoleo

Is it normal for EA support agents to ask for a product code o.o

I have no experience with EA support but that doesn't seem right. Unless you are trying to get something added to your account (or maybe verify you are the owner of something?), CD keys seem like the kind of thing they should be able to look up in the system.

Edit: Saw your posts upthread. Yeah that makes sense.

Such a good commentary, and made the second playthrough a joy. Kept going out of my way to find all the bits. It's also how I learned that
you could save Faridah

That was one of the coolest bits in the game and it surprised me that most people didn't realize you could do that, it was my first instinct to try. The commentary was really great about talking about that kind of stuff.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It might be unsupported on modern versions of Windows. The last time I played the game, I think it was on either XP or Win2k, and I distinctly remember it crashing to desktop constantly. I still managed to enjoy the hell out of the game, but it was just not very stable.

Weird. I managed to buy it before when it was still in Steam and could run it fine in this W7 machine.

derExperte

Alternatively, they could get rid of sale cards entirely and focus solely on gems, which would remain available all year long instead of only being available for a short period of time.

There, problem solved. You can thank me later, Gaben.

But what about the money from those who level up their sale badges like there's no tomorrow?

And I want my lvl1 sale badge too. Don't take that away from me.

Kagemusha

uhhh

WTF

fucking ridiculous.

Cards that drop from crafting badges can be sold immediately. The poor sap who buys your drop will not be able to resale.

lashman

But what about the money from those who level up their sale badges like there's no tomorrow?

don't worry ... it's volvo after all - they'll find another way to milk those whales

Salsa

the Alien just saw me standing in front of him holding no weapons or anything and he freaked the fuck out and went into a vent

the hell is even happening in this game

BasilZero

Nyu Media has a product announcement this Thursday. They release indie Japanese games on Steam.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary with it. They'll probably put it in your Origin account for you.

I have no experience with EA support but that doesn't seem right. Unless you are trying to get something added to your account (or maybe verify you are the owner of something?), CD keys seem like the kind of thing they should be able to look up in the system.

Edit: Saw your posts upthread. Yeah that makes sense.

Only to get the Karkand.

And yeah. Even Steam Support used to ask for product codes before.

Thanks he gave me new key in return....but even that one doesnt work ~___~

Locust

Valve added a China specific CSGO sub with $7.50 base price.

China is still not in the ACRTAG country list as it's not giving any warnings and gifting that sub probably still works through the cart glitch. :p Sometimes I could swear they don't know how their own shit works.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Showtime! got cards.

Valve added a China specific CSGO sub with $7.50 base price.

China is still not in the ACRTAG country list as it's not giving any warnings and gifting that sub probably still works through the cart glitch. :p Sometimes I could swear they don't know how their own shit works.

Should I buy it? :D

Actually I really would love more games to have China specific prices. The only ones I know are Talos Principle (15$), GTA 5 (30$) and this one now.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That was one of the coolest bits in the game and it surprised me that most people didn't realize you could do that, it was my first instinct to try. The commentary was really great about talking about that kind of stuff.

I honestly feel like one of the highlights from the commentary was the part where they discuss Letitia. From EatChildren's thread:

- Letitia was added late in the game, during the Beta build, when the team only had access to a pool of four actors, and only one available for scheduling. Intention was for Letitia to be a "hardcore hobo" bag lady style character, and was actually the actresses choice to voice her the way she did (and she was African American). At the time they didn't see it as an issue, but after comments cropped up post-launch felt bad about it, and believe the character would have been better perceived had more time been spent making her look the part.

Okay hear me out.

What if you can use gems to create a summer sale badge? That way you can cut out the cards and rely only on gems. You get something special that acts like the booster converter, and the function is only available for the duration of the sale. You can keep emotes and background after the sale ends, so you don't have to worry about them disappearing.

We need to push gems for summer sale.

Items such as trading cards, emoticons, and gems that you purchase on the market are now restricted from being traded or marketed for 7 days.
Is that new? I could swear some months ago that happened already and people said this will lead to fraud (TF2 keys).
I just assumed it was the same for every community item.
-
Dark Souls 2 talk.

So I realize that besides PvE I really enjoy jolly Co-Op. After helping almost everywhere I realized that Dragon Shrine almost always gets instant summoning. Yay! But only because people die like crazy to the Ancient Dragon :p
Anyway, so I am helping this Sasuke something guy from Germany (had some baller predator-esque headpiece I've never seen so far :O) and the other summon instantly dies. Lol. Sasuke is intimidates and is constantly at the rim.
I totally can understand him and since I figured the boss already, I take the helm and go at him alone. Surprised at how well evetything goes. Dragon is down to about 20% HP. I got this.

Until the world master gets slain by fire >_>
He had his mic on and was cheering me in the whole time "You got this veggie". Feelsgoodman. The disappointment after he died so close to victory really hurt me as well.

Still have my summon and just wait at the shrine for people to summon me. Co-Op is a blast and it only gets better at this imo most unforgiving boss.

Totally recommend everyone to tackle the Ancient Dragon. It is by far the most punishing but exactly because of that most satisfying fight.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
cUsoMDf.png

"fraud"

I guess this prevents people from buying up all of the available items and price fixing... but once again this is a bit of a heavy-handed change.

Wow, Valve is really committed to screwing Steam users over. It's like they implement some new restriction every few months.

BasilZero

EA Support wont help me :(

~~
Our studio team is working on it to be fixed.
~~
You may wait for next hours. If issue still persists so please contact us back. We'll be glad to assist you further.

---------

In other words....

latest

At least I'll still be able to play it on Steam....hopefully.

r3n4ud

EA Support wont help me :(

~~
Our studio team is working on it to be fixed.
~~
You may wait for next hours. If issue still persists so please contact us back. We'll be glad to assist you further.

---------

In other words....

latest

At least I'll still be able to play it on Steam....hopefully.
Be thankful EA support got back to you quickly. If you contacted Steam support....

yuraya

Really sucks about the gems.

Valve has basically killed off every way to actively and instantly trade with others. Gotta buy everything weeks in advance now to even bother looking up special deals. Ugh :(

oipic

The changes Valve are implementing to their store and service recently have many of the hallmarks of the regulatory accountability safeguards, and checks and balances and whatnot, that many firms go through from an audit/financial point of view when positioning themselves to be sold or floated on the market.

Not saying Valve is necessarily doing that - perhaps they simply realised they're long overdue with getting some of their more esoteric ducks into a more big-business-like row.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did the same.

On another note. Why are people getting so angry at Valve today?

Valve is killing the trading fun by putting more restrictions. Which kinda makes sense looking at the things they have been doing lately trying to control things with the region locking and some trading stuff in the past. Things are getting kinda grim but at the same time they are trying to make things look "better" for some people.

baterism

I wonder if this policy will decrease the price of gem sacks. Which is a good thing. And use the gem to make waifu booster. Which (I expect) always used to make badge by the buyer so inability to resell before 1 week might not be off putting.

High profile waifu game in sight might be Nep RB2. Hmm, should I stock up gems? Decision, decision.

Momentary

Banned
Seems if you buy a gemsack, emoticon or trading cards, you have to wait 1 week to sell/trade it.

But all the stuff that I get naturally from games and just making my own gems can be sold whenever right?

Valve is killing the trading fun by putting more restrictions. Which kinda makes sense looking at the things they have been doing lately trying to control things with the region locking and some trading stuff in the past. Things are getting kinda grim but at the same time they are trying to make things look "better" for some people.

Well, this was bound to happen eventually.

lashman

But all the stuff that I get naturally from games and just making my own gems can be sold whenever right?

Well, this was bound to happen eventually.

now it's just a matter of time before we'll have to wait 7 days to actually play the games we buy ... you know - to protect us from "fraud"

High profile waifu game in sight might be Nep RB2. Hmm, should I stock up gems? Decision, decision.

The problem is that you can only craft 1 booster each day.

I mean with Neptunia 1 each day you could earn less by that. I guess i started with like 60-80cent each day and at the end I could only earn like maybe 10 cents.

No one ever takes my SpaceChem. Be it a ModBot raffle, a 'send me pm' or even a direct link to my inventory for lurkers. No sir. Everyone else's? Gone in five minutes. It's cursed, I tell ya!

I don't have SpaceChem yet, but I've heard enough about it that it would probably just sit in my inventory forever untouched, and I'd rather have it go to someone who will use it.

Momentary

Banned
now it's just a matter of time before we'll have to wait 7 days to actually play the games we buy ... you know - to protect us from "fraud"

THAT pisses me off. That's the one thing I'm not looking forward to after building my new PC. Get on Steam ready to sell. "Sorry punk! You're in time out for trying to sell from a new machine!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom