• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Jesus Fuck Valve, stop it
finger.gif

Someone needs to edit this one with Valve instead of Ubi.

Q3OjVSu.gif

ExoSoul

Banned
That's why.
:p

Oh.... Ooohhhh xD

No one ever takes my SpaceChem. Be it a ModBot raffle, a 'send me pm' or even a direct link to my inventory for lurkers. No sir. Everyone else's? Gone in five minutes. It's cursed, I tell ya!

I'm sorry, I missed your post xD
Also that spoiler tag might not be working as intended...

Hey folks,

One question. Do you see the steam icon on the system tray, right?
If you click on it it should show you a list of your installed games, ready to play. At least your most commonly played ones, I guess.

For the past couple of weeks I think there's something wrong with my steam program. That list is showing games I don't even have installed right now, and doesn't show any recent installed game for instance. Is this normal and I never noticed it before?

Hey folks,

One question. Do you see the steam icon on the system tray, right?
If you click on it it should show you a list of your installed games, ready to play. At least your most commonly played ones, I guess.

For the past couple of weeks I think there's something wrong with my steam program. That list is showing games I don't even have installed right now, and doesn't show any recent installed game for instance. Is this normal and I never noticed it before?

They recently changed it so that it will show any games you have redeemed keys for. That's probably what you're seeing.

Nabs

My list shows the most recently purchased/added/played. I don't know why Sam & Max 104 always jumps to the top of my recent list.

derExperte

My list shows the most recently purchased/added/played. I don't know why Sam & Max 104 always jumps to the top of my recent list.

Because it's bugged and only fixed in the beta client. Which has been in beta for a looong time now if I didn't miss a release.

They recently changed it so that it will show any games you have redeemed keys for. That's probably what you're seeing.
So that's why Bioshock Infinite is there! It was probably the last game I've redeemed a key on steam.

Still... that's a kinda silly change, but I can live with it.

Thanks for your explanation as well!

To piggyback off of this, you can pin games to that menu so it will show less stuff you aren't actively playing. I think the max is 6.
I'll look into it, thanks!

cicero

Yes. There are no region-specific packages and Valve's chang to the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting flag doesn't affect retail keys... well, with the exception of gift copies earned from activating a multi-pack key, but as the person doing so that's irrelevant if you're outside of Eastern Europe/South America/South-east Asia/Turkey.

huzzah! This is what I came here wondering about.

yuraya

Just listened to that Gabe's toughest decision part of the Keighley podcast.

Good job Gabe. It was probably an amazing game. Yea just go back to working on VR

hur

dur

:(

Salsa

okay I think im okay with Alien's length so far since the game suddenly changed a lot

it's like a stealthy shooter now

im sure it'll change back and all but making you use different stuff and presenting different challenges is a good way to work the length. I figured it was gonna be all slowly crawling through the ship hiding from the Alien the entire game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened?

Items such as trading cards, emoticons, and gems that you purchase on the market are now restricted from being traded or marketed for 7 days.

cicero

cUsoMDf.png

"fraud"

I guess this prevents people from buying up all of the available items and price fixing... but once again this is a bit of a heavy-handed change.

It is pathetic. Price fixing isn't "fraud". I think they are finding solutions for problems that don't actually exist for 99% of the consumers. The other 1% are the loud whiners, and cutting down on support tickets involving them is the main goal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It is pathetic. Price fixing isn't "fraud". I think they are finding solutions for problems that don't actually exist for 99% of the consumers. The other 1% are the loud whiners, and cutting down on support tickets involving them is the main goal.

I think everyone knows the real reason this was done. Gems took over as the de-facto Steam currency for things like cross region gift trading and Valve doesn't like that.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

I think everyone knows the real reason this was done. Gems took over as the de-facto Steam currency for things like cross region gift trading and Valve doesn't like that.

Now that's some serious bullshit.

volvo gonna volvo ...

as tired as that phrase is ... it seems like that's pretty much all they've been doing since like November last year ... each and every update locks something and/or takes away options ...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Breaking up a bought Booster Pack still allows you to sell the cards. But you can't sell the emotes/backgrounds from the badges you make for a week...

Now it's no fun allowed.

Wonder how the waifu background/emote market will be affected.
Though let's be honest, it'll probably just cause prices to increase in the short term, which is exactly what Valve claimed that this was supposed to stop.

Miguel81

okay I think im okay with Alien's length so far since the game suddenly changed a lot

it's like a stealthy shooter now

im sure it'll change back and all but making you use different stuff and presenting different challenges is a good way to work the length. I figured it was gonna be all slowly crawling through the ship hiding from the Alien the entire game.

What chapter are you currently on?
Things changed up nicely once I collected the flamethrower. I started experimenting more with the other items due to having that trusty weapon as a safety net.

BasilZero

So I dipped and bought Crysis Maximum Edition even though I said I wasnt going to lol..

Anyways, anyone know if its a common issue of not being able to redeem CDKeys of Crysis Maximum Edition games purchased from Steam onto Origin?

Cause I registered all my previously purchased EA games and were able to redeem them such as Mass Effect 1 and 2, Crysis 2, etc.

But having a issue with Crysis 1 and Warhead wtf

So I dipped and bought Crysis Maximum Edition even though I said I wasnt going to lol..

Anyways, anyone know if its a common issue of not being able to redeem CDKeys of Crysis Maximum Edition games purchased from Steam onto Origin?

Cause I registered all my previously purchased EA games and were able to redeem them such as Mass Effect 1 and 2, Crysis 2, etc.

But having a issue with Crysis 1 and Warhead wtf

I was able to get Warhead to redeem but not Crysis. Probably have to contact support or something.

BasilZero

I was able to get Warhead to redeem but not Crysis. Probably have to contact support or something.

Doing that right now.....I've been hearing different stories though, some people got Crysis 1 to be redeemed and others couldnt get Warhead.....even with the help of support ;x.

Also do these key issues affect playability with online servers, single player, etc if I play it mainly on Steam?

Regardless....never had an experience like this before.....wow.

jmizzal

HELP
I'm trying to get a refund for my GTAV preorder I emailed Steam and they said this

"Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

You are welcome to return your pre-order purchase at any time prior to the release of the title.

To do so, log in to your Steam account details and view your Store Transactions page.

Games eligible for credit will show "Request a refund" under the total purchase amount.

Please click "Request a refund" and follow the prompts to complete the return process which will credit your Steam Wallet. The credit can be used for future Steam purchases.

To view your current available Steam Wallet balance:
- The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner next to "[Your username]'s Account".
- In most cases, the new funds will automatically be displayed in your account.
- If this has not happened, please allow two hours for the transaction to fully complete.

Please Note: This only applies to pre-orders purchased from your account; pre-ordered titles received or sent through the Steam Trading system cannot be returned for Wallet credit. We do not offer refunds, exchanges or Wallet credit for Early Access Games."

I went to my game page selected the game and its grayed out I cant click on GTA5, what should I do now?

Nabs

Doing that right now.....I've been hearing different stories though, some people got Crysis 1 to be redeemed and others couldnt get Warhead.....even with the help of support ;x.

Also do these key issues affect playability with online servers, single player, etc if I play it mainly on Steam?

You shouldn't have an issue with SP. Is MP still breathing after the death of Gamespy?

Crysis 1 tip: Use hotkeys for your suit powers. Either enable Suit Shortcuts (double tap shift/s/space/crouch I think), or set your own. It'll make the game so much better :)

Question ^^ from the thread about the sale in particular.

I would say so, the way they incorporated the Missing Link DLC seamlessly into the game is nice and the developer commentary some of the most interesting I've heard in a game. I think they also fixed a few bugs and redid the boss fights to make them beatable for a stealth character. I got it for $5 when they released it as part of a loyalty discount for current owners of DX HR, I feel like it's definitely worth that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom