• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
And a cool logo with birthday balloons and streamers on the home page*

*If you're browsing with Enhanced Steam on Chrome

Oh, that was you!

955dd3da0a1c7f889dea638fcc39f001.png

I was wondering when Steam added this feature when I reached my Steam anniversary a few days ago. XD;

ExoSoul

Banned
my steam is so dead... I don't get what they have against Tuesdays

ExoSoul, you just proven one of those thousands that don't read OP, for reasons only they know.

Actually I do, I've just forgotten about it xD
Also dead for me, right in the middle of a download T_T

Nabs

I bodied the entire team in my COD game and then got kicked to the main menu. I thought I got insta-banned for hacking. I'd have no problem with that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As someone who maintains highly available systems for a living (albeit with not nearly the same load as Steam's servers obviously see) it still boggles my mind that their code changes need to take place while their servers are taken offline.

Even for Enhanced Steam's servers (which, admittedly, sometimes go down) it's always been a matter of money and (again, usually) not a technical limitation. Valve has millions of dollars at their disposal, keeping their servers up on Tuesdays should be something trivial for them to accomplish.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
As someone who maintains highly available systems for a living (albeit with not nearly the same load as Steam's servers obviously see) it still boggles my mind that their code changes need to take place while their servers are taken offline.

Even for Enhanced Steam's servers (which, admittedly, sometimes go down) it's always been a matter of money and (again, usually) not a technical limitation. Valve has millions of dollars at their disposal, keeping their servers up on Tuesdays should be something trivial for them to accomplish.

... but that would mean they'd have to spend time on ... *shudder* ... fixing stuff!!! the horror ... THE HORROR!!

ExoSoul

Banned
Enjoy!
?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ExoSoul, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Commando Jack -- MB-07F124C75B8FE31E
A freebie just in case someone's too lazy to go get it
Karmaflow: Rock Opera Thingamajig -- MB-1CC49D9C65616FB9 - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.
Has no upgrade path =/

t1426635148z1.png

Chariot

Damn, Tabletop Simulator is amazing and time devouring. Almost got the 10 hour achievement and that only after two evening sessions. I don't event know where I am supposed to find the time to watch animu girls.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
... but that would mean they'd have to spend time on ... *cold shivers* ... fixing stuff!!! the horror ... THE HORROR!!

I listened to the interview with Gabe Newell that was posted a bit ago, and he kept coming back to the whole "we like to listen to our fans and users because they know what's up" line. Except when it comes to actually fixing things that everyone complains about. Like bot invites. Or Tuesday maintenance. Or showing information about player statistics on a game's app pages. Or warning users about DRM.

I just kept thinking to myself: this is my life right now.

lashman

I listened to the interview with Gabe Newell that was posted a bit ago, and he kept coming back to the whole "we like to listen to our fans and users because they know what's up" line. Except when it comes to actually fixing things that everyone complains about. Like bot invites. Or Tuesday maintenance. Or showing information about player statistics on a game's app pages. Or warning users about DRM.

... and I'd REALLY like to know which "fans and users" exactly wanted an almost complete regional lockdown which renders gifting (and I'm not even talking about getting cheap stuff ... it's 2015, it's not that difficult to imagine that people can actually have friends/family abroad) pointless at best ...

oh, and those recent changes to TOS which conveniently go around the EU refund laws - yeah, I'm sure they did it because "fans and users" were asking for it ...

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Volvo - #4theFansAndUsers

and then there's of course the matter of them pretending you (or ES) don't even exist (officially) ... I mean - how stupid do they think people really are ...

ExoSoul

Banned
... and I'd REALLY like to know which "fans and users" exactly wanted an almost complete regional lockdown which renders gifting (and I'm not even talking about getting cheap stuff ... it's 2015, it's not that difficult to imagine that people can actually have friends/family abroad) pointless at best ...

oh, and those recent changes to TOS which conveniently go around the EU refund laws - yeah, I'm sure they did it because "fans and users" were asking for it ...

etc. etc. etc. etc.

The ones that think Gabe is the second coming of Jebus and that Valve can do no wrong?

r3n4ud

That's what pisses me off about Valve. They're far from perfect but things stay status-quo.

iosefe

etc. etc. etc. etc.

plot twist: they listen to the fans and users...to learn about and close all our little tricks and loopholes

lashman

oh, also - a new change:

UfJVJuS.jpg

I'm sure "fans and users" were asking for that as well ...

Vibranium

Banned

If only Geoff let polite users call in to personally let Gabe know their thoughts. I would have some stuff to say too. It's why I have a hard time listening to Valve interviews, I want to hear press questions about region locking, market restrictions, any plans to sell Origin games like Uplay, etc.

The keys, gifts, cards, emoticons and gems restrictions are really not the right solution.

jshackles

I'm sure "fans and users" were asking for that as well ...

cUsoMDf.png

"fraud"

I guess this prevents people from buying up all of the available items and price fixing... but once again this is a bit of a heavy-handed change.

lashman

cUsoMDf.png

"fraud"

I guess this prevents people from buying up all of the available items and price fixing... but once again this is a bit of a heavy-handed change.

"to help maintain a safe and healthy item economy within Steam" my ass ....

So we are a couple weeks out from Dark Souls 2 SOTFS. Has there been any word yet if there will be some sort of cheap upgrade option for current owners of DS2?

ExoSoul

Banned
Was BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend pulled from steam? I can see the dlc but not the base game. (I'm not implying this was a recent change)

jshackles

Are card drops and created gems subject to the new rules? I'm guessing not, but I'm not at my main PC so I can't test at the moment.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Anyone want SpaceChem and/or the DLC? Have it sitting in my inventory.

Also have a copy of Gun Monkeys if anyone wants it.

Hm. I see Crysis games are on sales. Usually there is a countdown how long the sale last but it doesn't seem to be here o_O

Anyone know how long Crysis sale lasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom