• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

now it's just a matter of time before we'll have to wait 7 days to actually play the games we buy ... you know - to protect us from "fraud"

I think we're all missing the bigger picture here. Seven days. The world was supposedly created in seven days. Perhaps Gaben intends to recreate this world, our world, PC gaming in his own image. Maybe this is the beginning of the dark times.

Oh, Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries is out (of Early Access?).
header.jpg

I need impressions. Give them to me.

Looks beautiful and fun, reminds me of Trine.

baterism

The problem is that you can only craft 1 booster each day.

I mean with Neptunia 1 each day you could earn less by that. I guess i started with like 60-80cent each day and at the end I could only earn like maybe 10 cents.

That's pretty normal, I think. Price depreciate as the demand decreased. I usually out the market after 5-6 days. Well, just enough to subset some dollars from the game price. The price seemed to peak at the 2nd-3rd day before falling.
What I learned from RB1 card selling is that BG and emoties reach several dollars, and it sells.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think we're all missing the bigger picture here. Seven days. The world was supposedly created in seven days. Perhaps Gaben intends to recreate this world, our world, PC gaming in his own image. Maybe this is the beginning of the dark times.

seven-days.gif

Looks beautiful and fun, reminds me of Trine.

A friend on FB was talking to me about the game and said that the game is decent but unpolished. It's kinda like a stealth game mixed with Alice Madness Returns. The platforming and stealth are decent but the Melee combat is clunky. I might wait a bit more til I get more opinions before buying.

cicero

The changes Valve are implementing to their store and service recently have many of the hallmarks of the regulatory accountability safeguards, and checks and balances and whatnot, that many firms go through from an audit/financial point of view when positioning themselves to be sold or floated on the market.

Not saying Valve is necessarily doing that - perhaps they simply realised they're long overdue with getting some of their more esoteric ducks into a more big-business-like row.

Maybe not floated on the market, perhaps it has more to do with regulatory security standards for banks/banking, or side-stepping potential consumer protection law issues.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is it true that Valve's customer support is shit? A friend of mine got his account phished and had it locked out, but no response on Valve on the matter.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
now it's just a matter of time before we'll have to wait 7 days to actually play the games we buy ... you know - to protect us from "fraud"

I don't think Valve will ever go that far.

Is it true that Valve's customer support is shit? A friend of mine got his account phished and had it locked out, but no response on Valve on the matter.

Here are two recent threads about that very subject.

The good news is that Valve is supposedly trying to improve its customer support.

So perhaps someone can clear this up for me. I recently installed an SSD and want to redirect Steam to my HDD since all my games and save data are located on that disk. Is there a simple way to go about this?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Megabyte Punch -- MB-70A438EC92A34EF7 - Taken by sensoft04
THE MAKER'S EDEN -- MB-078B86E8FB5D9F2F - Taken by thereisnoif

A friend on FB was talking to me about the game and said that the game is decent but unpolished. It's kinda like a stealth game mixed with Alice Madness Returns. The platforming and stealth are decent but the Melee combat is clunky. I might wait a bit more til I get more opinions before buying.

Yeah, I just watched a recent gameplay video (1 month old) and the swings look a bit clunky. Running animation needs some polishing as well. Other than that, game looks promising. Steam sale it is.

So I've had someone I'm friends with on Steam but don't really talk to try talking to me recently. I'd been away when he'd talked to me before, but I was actually available this time, and uh... the conversation took a weird turn.
Edit: goddamnit this is still huge with the quote

Dsyndrome

Finished all the DLC today for Dark Souls 2, and beat Aldia, so I'm happy and ready for Bloodborne. Here's some Adventure goodness since I'm feeling good and everyone should have these games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dsyndrome:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-16ED26A06AEE59BF - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- MB-C6FC230D7459BA1D - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-B5873D9CB2DAE41E - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.

t1426649729z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Is the Windows 10 preview already stable enough to be used as a primary OS?

yes? no? maybe? dunno ... I've been using it since they released technical preview 2 (build 9926) and it runs fine for me ... so ... dunno

xBladeM6x

yes? no? maybe? dunno ... I've been using it since they released technical preview 2 (build 9926) and it runs fine for me ... so ... dunno

Hmm. I wonder how game compatibility is for both new and old games. Time to download the preview and test it out. :D

lashman

Hmm. I wonder how game compatibility is for both new and old games. Time to download the preview and test it out. :D

I haven't had any problems so far ... well, apart from AssCrud ... but that's either on nvidia or ubi (more likely) and they WILL have to fix it before/on release anyway ... so - whatevs :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
So I've had someone I'm friends with on Steam but don't really talk to try talking to me recently. I'd been away when he'd talked to me before, but I was actually available this time, and uh... the conversation took a weird turn.

Edit: goddamnit this is still huge with the quote

Sounds me when I;m having a bad reaction on medication.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So perhaps someone can clear this up for me. I recently installed an SSD and want to redirect Steam to my HDD since all my games and save data are located on that disk. Is there a simple way to go about this?

It sounds like you have a Steam installation on your HDD already. Just continue running it from there. You don't need to install it to Program Files.

If not, though, then just move the Steam installation on your SSD to your HDD. There's no benefit to be gained from running the client from your SSD.

derExperte

It's true, I can't sell the items that I just got from crafting a badge. What the shit.

I don't have SpaceChem yet, but I've heard enough about it that it would probably just sit in my inventory forever untouched, and I'd rather have it go to someone who will use it.

Sent you a pm. You'll take my SpaceChem and you'll like it. End of discussion.

JaseC

It's true, I can't sell the items that I just got from crafting a badge. What the shit.

This seems like an oversight... that probably won't be fixed. Similar to how cancelling a pre-order for instant Steam Wallet credit temporarily blocks you from the market because Steam considers it a new payment method.

lashman

This seems like an oversight... that probably won't be fixed. Similar to how cancelling a pre-order for instant Steam Wallet credit temporarily blocks you from the market because Steam considers it a new payment method.

volvo gonna volvo

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Finished all the DLC today for Dark Souls 2, and beat Aldia, so I'm happy and ready for Bloodborne. Here's some Adventure goodness since I'm feeling good and everyone should have these games.

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- MB-C6FC230D7459BA1D - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is certainly the most uplifting game I've ever played. Truly something for those who need a positive story.

_hekk05

Banned
Everything will be forgiven if there's a day one price mistake for the phantom pain.

Come on volvo just fuck up more once in a while

JaseC

Everything will be forgiven if there's a day one price mistake for the phantom pain.

Come on volvo just fuck up more once in a while

There will be a price mistake, but the game won't be purchaseable for seven days to combat fraud, giving Konami plenty of time to fix it.

lashman gonna lashman

I see what you did there.

But I thought the other half was him complaining about no one reading his posts

Three halves make a whole. That's like, basic maths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom