• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
via Dsyndrome. Got steam'd and entered for the wrong Tex M game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-1E76E42D3E74A44E - Taken by Natty1

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is certainly the most uplifting game I've ever played. Truly something for those who need a positive story.
Mmm....bacon of positivity.

This is where I namequote myself
MaieDr0.gif

Giever

Hey is there some way to find people that used to be on your friend list? I remember a site awhile ago that let you look at sort of 'snapshots' of your profile from the past and was able to find someone I fell out of touch with that way, but I can't find it anymore.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's true, I can't sell the items that I just got from crafting a badge. What the shit.

Weird. I just crafted a badge and was able to list the items I got from it on the market. It shows up on the market too, under the recent activity section.

For the badge you crafted, did you just buy the cards for it? I've been sitting on the cards used to craft that badge for a while now. That's the only thing I can think of that would affect it other than region.

Or maybe it was an issue that was fixed already, I dunno.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey is there some way to find people that used to be on your friend list? I remember a site awhile ago that let you look at sort of 'snapshots' of your profile from the past and was able to find someone I fell out of touch with that way, but I can't find it anymore.

Nope. I'm not familiar with the site you mention, but given my friends list has only been crawled once I'm assuming you're not thinking of Archive.org.

Giever

Nope. I'm not familiar with the site you mention, but given my friends list has only been crawled once I'm assuming you're not thinking of Archive.org.

No, it was a steam specific thing, I think. Was able to look up my profile and see what avatars I had used years ago, what friends I had, what names I had used, etc. I wouldn't even begin to know how to figure out how to find what I'm looking for via archive.org.

ExoSoul

Banned
After 2h51min my first playthrough of Double Dragon Neon is done.
I've got to say, despite the improvements I am disappointed that:
- The end game achievement doesn't unlock at the right time
, killing the moment
- Fuzzface no longer follows you around through other levels after you "unlock" him and when you go back to get him it doesn't work. It could be they fixed it but I actually think it was accidental which leads me to
- The basically spoil a big part of the final level from the beginning in the options because apparently they couldn't get it to work unlock properly...

Of those three I only consider the first a problem though, just little things that made a good game great and I still highly recommend the game, specially since they did add online co-op.

Salsa

beat Alien Isolation

I spoke too soon; I think the length is fine. It justifies itself by changing the gameplay somewhat (in some areas kinda radically). I laughed at the
faux endings
thinking the game was gonna
continue for long but they were like 10 more minutes each
.. still odd. I would have been fine with the game ending sooner, specially at that point where it looked like it was gonna, but it's not too bad. I never really grew tired of it.

it lives and dies on the atmosphere and world building and it excels at that so yeah; it's a great fucking game. I guess im biased since I love Alien too but who doesnt. Easily one of 2014's best.

dat sequel bait

zkylon

zkylewd
i need something to play before eternity's released (omg 10 daysssssssss) that requires no video card

i wonder i wonder

i imagine there came an echo is not too friendly to integrated video cards

omg it's literally the same velociraptor in books 2 and 3

Salsa

It's hardly a bait, just less straight forward than conventional ones.

it's pretty obvious but then again given the lore and the fact that we actually already know what happens to Ripley's daughter they can either do it or not

given the game's reception I doubt they wont, tho

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd buy the alien at a sale if it wasn't for the scary alien spiders

i'm kinda upset i was right when i predicted all the games from the last of us on would copy its "lite line of vision stealth with crafting" thing cos i'm tired of it already even if i think i haven't played another game like that that isn't tlou but alien iso is like so fucking pretty to look at and i'm a sucker for the whole diegetic interface stuff

Hi! I'm just a plain old, everyday Midwestern girl that lives a normal life. However, while my outward tastes are relatively simple, my inner thoughts are filled with lusty thoughts of big, strong, powerful monsters having their way with beautiful maidens.

Almost all of my stories fall under the Monster Sex genre, and come from the inner desires that spring from my mind.

Thank you for looking at my author page and thank you for your support. I hope you enjoy these tales of beautiful maidens exploring their lust for these powerful creatures as much as I had writing them.
omg

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
it's getting EXTREMELY weird in here yet again O_O

you guys scare me .......

Salsa

i'd buy the alien at a sale if it wasn't for the scary alien spiders

i'm kinda upset i was right when i predicted all the games from the last of us on would copy its "lite line of vision stealth with crafting" thing cos i'm tired of it already even if i think i haven't played another game like that that isn't tlou but alien iso is like so fucking pretty to look at and i'm a sucker for the whole diegetic interface stuff

omg

very few spiders. like.. count them with one hand amount

also; the game isnt really scary. im a chicken shit but once you get that first couple alien deaths out the way you arent really scared of dying anymore. It just becomes really gamey, but in a good way. You start gaming it distracting it etc. It's fun.

It's not Amnesia. You have a lot of stuff to fight back and there's not much waiting time hiding under something if you play it right.

btw, I saw a lot of people and reviewers mentioning cheap deaths and the Alien doing impossible things to get you killed. the hell were they playing? I didnt get one cheap death at all. I could always look at what the Alien was doing and it always made sense when he got me.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Steam needs to start selling books as well..
covers1-250x400.jpg

Well, it's not too far of a departure from great literature:
Ws9KeN7.jpg

I had to read it for a Modernist Literature class in college.

Synopsis:
The heroine of the story, Lou Witt, abandons her sterile marriage and a brittle, cynical post-First World War England. Her sense of alienation is associated with her encounter with a high-spirited stallion, the St Mawr whose name provides the title for this tale. She eventually settles in a remote ranch set high in the mountains of New Mexico, near Taos.

Salsa

they modeled Amanda in Alien after the actress that did the voice of the main character in Remember Me

kezia-burrows-983574187.jpg

but... her voice was done by someone else

odd

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it's not too far of a departure from great literature:
Ws9KeN7.jpg

I had to read it for a Modernist Literature class in college.

Synopsis:
The heroine of the story, Lou Witt, abandons her sterile marriage and a brittle, cynical post-First World War England. Her sense of alienation is associated with her encounter with a high-spirited stallion, the St Mawr whose name provides the title for this tale. She eventually settles in a remote ranch set high in the mountains of New Mexico, near Taos.

This doesn't sound promising. However, I will read it due to the author.

they modeled Amanda in Alien after the actress that did the voice of the main character in Remember Me

kezia-burrows-983574187.jpg

but... her voice was done by someone else

odd

They might have felt she couldn't deliver the voice they were looking for or they might have not gotten along well.

Oreoleo

beat Alien Isolation

I spoke too soon; I think the length is fine. It justifies itself by changing the gameplay somewhat (in some areas kinda radically). I laughed at the
faux endings
thinking the game was gonna
continue for long but they were like 10 more minutes each
.. still odd. I would have been fine with the game ending sooner, specially at that point where it looked like it was gonna, but it's not too bad. I never really grew tired of it.

it lives and dies on the atmosphere and world building and it excels at that so yeah; it's a great fucking game. I guess im biased since I love Alien too but who doesnt. Easily one of 2014's best.

dat sequel bait

Glad you liked it. The game is sort of oddly paced with it reaching a climax halfway through when you get to the nest, but I never felt like it overstayed it's welcome. Everyone has their own opinion but some reviewers just tore the game apart but I thought the devs kinda nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom