• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

So SteamGAF after BF Hardline launch can we expect layoffs at Visceral in next 6 months? That could really hurt Star Wars game and it would be sign that Visceral is going down and that would be sad.

Arthea

But helldivers is currently GOTY 2015, with bloodborne coming in less than a week.

As much as I love moe there are some things it can't take on.

don't care about any of those, so they aren't my GOTY for sure.
My contender to GOTY list so far consist of mostly unreleased games nobody cares about, so business as usual. (><)
well, except some people care about Stardew valley and Wild Season, but these are exceptions. Also there is Nep nep to consider. ;)

_hekk05

Banned
There's always MGSV. And TLG (lol)

Also paradise lost is supposed to release this year I think, though the devs said their coder walked off with their code or something last year. How does that even happen?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I assume the "partnership" came down to Microsoft agreeing not to take a share of in-game spending from the WinStore app specifically as the game disappeared from Steam shortly after Valve introduced Steam Wallet.

oh, absolutely ... no doubt about that :) still - it's pretty much about bragging rights now ... you know: "we've got LoL and Minecraft in our store"

I assume the "partnership" came down to Microsoft agreeing not to take a share of in-game spending from the WinStore app specifically as the game disappeared from Steam shortly after Valve introduced Steam Wallet.

I thought LoL was only available as a pre-order for the deluxe edition? I don't actually remember it being available after the game's release.

I may be wrong though, considering that it was five years ago.

_hekk05

Banned
I forget which, but Amy Hennig is working on either visceral's or dice's game.

If that one bombs then that studio is dead studio walking.

yuraya

Microsoft is making moves. I really hope that Joe Montana football coming to Xbox one and windows 10 store rumor is true. PC needs a football game even if its not on steam and cross play would be genius as well. It makes sense considering Microsofts deal with the NFL and Win 10 coming this summer which is wehn the game is being rumored to launch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought LoL was only available as a pre-order for the deluxe edition? I don't actually remember it being available after the game's release.

I may be wrong though, considering that it was five years ago.

It was pulled May 2011. The game was exclusive to European territories at the time and your profile says you're in Canada, so maybe the pre-order was available worldwide but Riot limited the game's availability after it released.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hold your horses, EA has rights to all Star Wars games now? I wish I didn't read that, the day is ruined.

Well, it has exclusive rights to develop new Star Wars games. It doesn't have the rights to the games that Disney owns by way of the Lucasfilm acquisition.

Arthea

Well, it has exclusive rights to develop new Star Wars games. It doesn't have the rights to the games that Disney owns by way of the LucasArts acquisition.

but that basically means that there will be no new SW games for us, I'm shocked you are so calm about it.

The last Star Wars game I played was the Dark Forces 2 demo.

I see, but what about all absent +1s? ;)

Dr Dogg

Is the Windows 10 preview already stable enough to be used as a primary OS?

Only had a few wobbles since the first day of the tech preview but it's coming along nicely. If you're on 8.1 it might not feel like that big of a change, lots of refinement and slight gains here and there but doesn't have the same wow factor from moving from 7 or less. I'd say partition off some space, try it out and anything you don't like send MS some feedback which is built in this time.

So SteamGAF after BF Hardline launch can we expect layoffs at Visceral in next 6 months? That could really hurt Star Wars game and it would be sign that Visceral is going down and that would be sad.

Redwood Shores/Visceral Games have had a bit of a rocky life. Mainly working on family or licensed properties they didn't get much notice until The Simpsons Game and The Godfather by which time their own original IP got greenlit in Dead Space. I guess they staffed up a bit for that but a fair few of them departed to form Sledgehammer Games. So Dead Space 2 is a go so they staff up again and that works out well that there now is Melbourne and Montreal studios opened as well as Dead Space 3 in development. Then things go a little wobbly, the Melbourne studio is closed in 2011 which the only work I can find they had done was helping out on Dead Space, Godfather 2 and Dante's Inferno, Montreal is closed in early 2013 possibly due to the reception of Army of Two Whateveritwascalled and then Dead Space 3 comes out a bit later to timid sales and middling reception from both critics and customers. Then the restaffing cycle continues when EA announce Battlefront and Hardline...

I think the thing I take away from Visceral as a whole is that they're not this tiny little studio that was either gobbled up in an acquisition or given a chance because they were based at EA's HQ but they're flipping huge. I'd imagine they'll go through a reshuffle after development has finished on Battlefront but looking over their history and the tempestuous nature of game development these days that's nothing new.

Ban Puncher

of course they can! Have you seen Peggle 2 on PC lately?
neither did I (._.)

KFF59Rf.gif

Soooo, I was trying to buy Pillars from Nuuvem but the Hola trick doesn't seem to work. I put the item in the basket via hola, I shut it down and log with my nuuvem account. When I press the paypal button the item disappears from the basket. Does somebody else tried it?

Deques

Soooo, I was trying to buy Pillars from Nuuvem but the Hola trick doesn't seem to work. I put the item in the basket via hola, I shut it down and log with my nuuvem account. When I press the paypal button the item disappears from the basket. Does somebody else tried it?

Everyone says that you should try with FlyVPN, but I will tell you something else. FlyVPN doesn't do much better. It is same problem when using it.
Everyone's guides tell us to disable the VPN before completing the purchase. But it doesn't work, the cart gets emptied when pressing the purchase button. But it doesn't get empties when the VPN is still active.
So I have never understood how other can buy locked games when they disable VPN, because it doesn't work.

The solution is to keep the VPN on, which all of you don't recommend, and complete the purchase. After the purchase, just change the password if you feel paranoid.

Arthea

Peggle and monsters?

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/450/4509811/2399493-3356286996-ibiKJ.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Pikachu is no monster, you monster!
[SPOILER]it is a great gif, tho[/SPOILER]

That reminds me I still haven't wrote anything about my PC pokemon game, not that any of you care, but I have to, because nobody will play it but me, so there is no choice, really.

[quote="Snakethesniper, post: 156402646"]Soooo, I was trying to buy Pillars from Nuuvem but the Hola trick doesn't seem to work. I put the item in the basket via hola, I shut it down and log with my nuuvem account. When I press the paypal button the item disappears from the basket. Does somebody else tried it?[/QUOTE]

I bought it without using any VPN service, you might wanna try that.
It was a long time ago already, though

_hekk05

Banned
Everyone says that you should try with FlyVPN, but I will tell you something else. FlyVPN doesn't do much better. It is same problem when using it.
Everyone's guides tell us to disable the VPN before completing the purchase. But it doesn't work, the cart gets emptied when pressing the purchase button. But it doesn't get empties when the VPN is still active.
So I have never understood how other can buy locked games when they disable VPN, because it doesn't work.

Lol I just put it on Hola and pay while the VPN is still on. Never failed for me thus far.

Glorious Nuuvem Brazil Prices
Filthy Steam Discountless Prices

Pikachu is no monster, you monster!
it is a great gif, tho

That reminds me I still haven't wrote anything about my PC pokemon game, not that any of you care, but I have to, because nobody will play it but me, so there is no choice, really.

Pokemon

Pocket Monsters

U wot m8

That's a nice way to push the WinStore in the Emerging markets (like ours) + China. Similar to how apple push IOs and MacOs updates and be content with just the profits from the appstore, I wonder how Microsoft would recoup profits from it though? Goodbye cheap ass tablets with 1yr Office 365 deal? Push Surface more?

Valve isn't threatened in the near future, but I like to see some competition in the PC space so that nobody would be complacent being the market leader.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
why would they do that? now I'm suspicious, it must mean that running Win10 cost money and more than just buying OS.

it's all about premium services .... and they want everyone to be on win10 (not on XP, 7 or 8) so they can provide those premium services .... plus - it'll still be free only during the first year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom