• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Plenty of time to gather up some card money.

Yeah no, fuck that shit.
They're already gouging us with $=€ bullshit, now they're adding another layer on top?
$=€ with a weak € like at the moment is already 10% more, 70€ is almost 30% more

america_006.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Every time Sheva opened her mouth she just exhibited how she was a dumb brick while constantly pointing out the obvious ("LOOK OUT, A DOG!" "SO THAT'S WESKER?!"), and all she really did was indulge Capcom's need for gratuitous fan service like ass shots. She's nothing but an underdeveloped template, even when only looking at other RE titles. That's saying something when she's next to Chris of all people.
I always played Sheva. She made Chris look like a total bitch once you unlock her bow. As far as cutscenes go, everyone in RE games is missing half their brain.

Arthea

Not to take of your achievements of finishing so many games last year, but RPGs can be played very differently as strategy games, as in you can play 20 hours and consider it finished and play hundreds and consider not finished, it all comes down to playing style. In milena's case I totally believe it not being possible to finish 52 games a year, if I were to stick with RPGs and strategy games, it wouldn't be possible for me too, because of how I play them.

http://i.imgur.com/gtX8c7f.jpg[/IMG

because FUCK YOU, Europe ....

[SPOILER]yes, that's the price of the steam version[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I guess we should thank Konami, this makes extremely easy to wait for a year or two or forever before buying it.

Chapter 1 isn't really representative of the game as a whole, from 2 on you're playing most of the time but it is a pretty traditional if fluid third person shooter with some fun weapons. You either like that or not, the main problem with the game for me is it feels unfinished. It ends with nothing resolved and it feels like half the game is missing.

Thanks for the impressions. You just reassured me that the Gameplay will be okay, but I doubt I will find it good if the story/ending is lame. Oh well, I just gamefly'd it.

Will find another game. Valiant hearts just hit ps+,so now i can play that without going through uplay at least :p

derExperte

I got to Chapter 2 of The Order.
I'm leaning towards just quitting now and moving to other games.

Gameplay is boring. The song is nice, but the pacing feels pretty slow.

Too many steam games that i would probably have a better time with.

Gets a little better around chapter 4-5. And then shits the bed towards the end. The setting and attention to detail got me through the game but despite all the 'great gunplay' claims the fights will remain static and boring and the story doesn't go anywhere, very predictable. Also some seriously questionable behavior from the main characters.

madjoki

Why no £ price for MGS5? They're probably still working out how much to shaft us by.

"Metal Gear Solid 5, which includes the new Metal Gear Online, retails with an SRP of £59.99 for PS4, Xbox One and Steam"

According to Eurogamer.

jediyoshi

I got to Chapter 2 of The Order.
I'm leaning towards just quitting now and moving to other games.

Gameplay is boring. The song is nice, but the pacing feels pretty slow.

Too many steam games that i would probably have a better time with.

You could have finished another third of the game in the time it took for you to write that down! Chop chop!

Accoun

Yeah. Fuck. 54€ toward 70€. 16 € more. Aka 22% more.

Well, being Polish has its perks, like still healthly PC retail market with prices cheaper than the standard western ones (or cheaper than console games) and there's no way it would cost that much here. But still, that sucks a lot.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
oh, look ... Konami is taking pages from Ubisoft's book of game releases ....

this looks oddly familiar, doesn't it?

bswQYwk.jpg

Barbarian

Agreed. I finished a ton of RPG games last year, and still ended up finishing 63 games. That includes 4 numbered Final Fantasy games as well as others like Earthbound, Parasite Eve, Dragon Quest 1, and Hyrule Warriors. That was in addition to working a full time job, being a husband and father, and updating Enhanced Steam and Idle Master.

So it's totally possible!

I don't know how you did this, but my hat's off to you. I'll be lucky if I can finish one RPG this year.

Ruruja

"Metal Gear Solid 5, which includes the new Metal Gear Online, retails with an SRP of £59.99 for PS4, Xbox One and Steam"

According to Eurogamer.

So 82 euros. You Europeans need to stop complaining :p.

Just do what we usually do and wait for 75% off. It isn't like we have no other games to play.

Phinor

Looking forward to Greenmangaming.com sorting us out a nice deal on MGSV. Don't panic.

The maximum they can really do is 30% off, making it effectively 49 euros. Obviously they won't do 30% off, maybe 25%? That'd be 52.5 euros. Meanwhile the dollar price would be $45. Either way, it won't make the situation any better. Due to weak euro I can just about finally accept 1:1, but to make the euro price higher is just ridiculous. Well I suppose it isn't ridiculous considering console games on PSN are 70-75 euros, while on US PSN they are still $59.99. I'm waiting for the day when $ prices finally go up.

In any case, I'm not paying that euro price, regardless of GMG discounts since they can't make it equal to dollar prices. My income hasn't gone up at all in the past few years, so I'll rely on either proxies and $ prices, or simply using one of those lovely cd key sites publishers love.

Knurek

So, how long till a single game is more expensive than a gaming console?

$400/€500 for a 5-6 hour cinematic experience. Can't wait to (not) pay that.

The maximum they can really do is 30% off, making it effectively 49 euros. Obviously they won't do 30% off, maybe 25%? That'd be 52.5 euros. Meanwhile the dollar price would be $45. Either way, it won't make the situation any better. Due to weak euro I can just about finally accept 1:1, but to make the euro price higher is just ridiculous. Well I suppose it isn't ridiculous considering console games on PSN are 70-75 euros, while on US PSN they are still $59.99. I'm waiting for the day when $ prices finally go up.

In any case, I'm not paying that euro price, regardless of GMG discounts since they can't make it equal to dollar prices. My income hasn't gone up at all in the past few years, so I'll rely on either proxies and $ prices, or simply using one of those lovely cd key sites publishers love.

Nuuvem will most certainly have a good deal on it.

Phinor

Nuuvem will most certainly have a good deal on it.

Publishers have pressured them into region locking just about everything. Just this week Paradox games became unavailable outside of Brazil (and maybe few other territories? unavailable in Europe anyway). Last week Skylines was still available as I purchased it, but not anymore. Metal Gear games are also region locked at Nuuvem now and very likely the same applies to MGS5.

Using proxies to circumvent those restrictions isn't exactly legal so either way, cd key sites or using proxies to buy, it's not something that should be done but will be done more and more as euro/UK prices keep going up.

Gets a little better around chapter 4-5. And then shits the bed towards the end. The setting and attention to detail got me through the game but despite all the 'great gunplay' claims the fights will remain static and boring and the story doesn't go anywhere, very predictable. Also some seriously questionable behavior from the main characters.

I feel better about quittng now then. Thanks for the input!

Honestly, the only thing everyone seemed to agree was great was the graphics, and i was not too blown away. Maybe it was just expectations. The characters look great, but the environments look ps4 standard to me and the player model doesn't even show up in reflections, including mirrors. Kind of broke my immersion pretty early.

Wow! So early! I would have thought early 2016!
Kinda glad but also kinda miffed because this means HD collection will come much later :/
Is that not the same stuff? One is called Collector and the other Premium? o_O
The arms is a pretty cool-looking thing though. Man it looks nice.
gtX8c7f.jpg

because FUCK YOU, Europe ....

yes, that's the price of the steam version
70 € ?!?! How does this make any sense to make the euro price higher than the dollar one??? That should be the opposite!

I never buy day-one but this sucks. Will have to wait longer to get discounted to affordable prices :mad:
oh, look ... Konami is taking pages from Ubisoft's book of game releases ....

this looks oddly familiar, doesn't it?

bswQYwk.jpg
Damn, that's complicated. Didn't know PP will have so much DLC o_O

Wait, am I reading this right? There is no way to get the CE for PC?
And also impossible to get all dlc stuff in general on PC?

Only for consoles? The PC version is absolutely not on par with the nextgen ones! It is neutered!

Console versions offer more content - even if only weapon/skins. Why not just make that shit purchasable on PC as well? What would you loose Konami? Shit makes no sense!

WHAT. THE. SHIT.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's asking me to install Revelations 2 despite it still showing up in my common folder, help!

If you go to install it, Steam should detect the existing data, but something that'll definitely work is somebody sending you their manifest file for the game (appmanifest_287290.acf). Said files basically tell Steam that something is installed.

HoosTrax

Anyone here play the original CD-based FF7 for PC? I could have sworn the soundtrack in that version sounded a lot more impressive (more orchestral and less midi-ish) than the one in the recent Steam version, but I might just be remembering it with rose-tinted glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom