• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

b2MFizI.gif

r3n4ud

Take 'em away

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Depths of Peril -- MB-97DB0500E5BA7FF2 - Taken by SSPssp
Master Reboot -- MB-E6E2388E34A979E4 - Taken by Purkake4
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-25C2D3B8CF3596C6 - Taken by WinterDemons

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Mh, mh.

Mh.

I'm totally broke, but the C:S Deluxe pre-order page on Nuuvem has been an open tab on my browser for weeks now.

And now I'm watching videos too, and I'm kinda, oh god, I need this, also I need the deluxe edition because I want to spam build Brandenburg Gates all over my worst neighborhoods, just because.

do it ... DO IT!! ;)

wHTYnh7.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Episode 2 of RE: Revelations 2 was quite good. I liked it better than the first. The new areas felt moody and were fun to explore. The new enemies were pretty neat too. The teaser for next week looks even better so I'm pretty hyped now.

Also, Capcom definitely deserves credit for having a female dominated main cast. Claire and Moira are great together and Claire is a total badass. I hope they continue this trend into 7 (Sheva reigned supreme in 5 as did all the ladies in 6).

Copons

do it ... DO IT!! ;)

wHTYnh7.jpg

But I just cleared the last Oreo box in my house, so I'm full of cookies, thanks.

STILL I WANT TO BUILD STUFF, but at the same time, I haven't bought a full price* game since, like, the early X360 times? I'm scared! What if something something death?

yeah, I know it's Nuuvem and I'd pay half of what I would pay on Steam, but if I DON'T SEE THE MINUS SOMETHING PERCENT IT MEANS IT'S NOT DISCOUNTED!!

lashman

But I just cleared the last Oreo box in my house, so I'm full of cookies, thanks.

STILL I WANT TO BUILD STUFF, but at the same time, I haven't bought a full price* game since, like, the early X360 times? I'm scared! What if something something death?

yeah, I know it's Nuuvem and I'd pay half of what I would pay on Steam, but if I DON'T SEE THE MINUS SOMETHING PERCENT IT MEANS IT'S NOT DISCOUNTED!!

weeeeeeeeeeell ... it is like 10% off on nuuvem ;) pre-order discount :p hint-hint

oh, nevermind then ... I guess it's not on sale any more ... still - a bloody good price either way :p

Copons

weeeeeeeeeeell ... it is like 10% off on nuuvem ;) pre-order discount :p hint-hint

oh, nevermind then ... I guess it's not on sale any more ... still - a bloody good price either way :p

Yeah, damn I took my super precious time to printscreen, crop and upload the current price, and what? You already edited your claim. :(

You see what happens when I'm on the verge of buying non discounted stuff? Tragedies and whatnot!

Nordicus

Is Dragonball Xenoverse completely broken in any way? I feel like buying it.
It'll keep trying to connect to the online features of the hub city in the main menu (whether the full MMO lobby, or the one filled with player-created NPCs) and in worst cases will try to do that almost forever without giving up properly. There are too many players for the servers to handle

You can stop this with Steam's offline mode, but then you'd be giving up the actual multiplayer functions, which work more or less as intended

If you want to play immediately in offline lobby without trying your luck and have co-op quests and PvP available, disconnect your internet for a few seconds and reconnect once in the offline lobby.

lashman

Yeah, damn I took my super precious time to printscreen, crop and upload the current price, and what? You already edited your claim. :(

You see what happens when I'm on the verge of buying non discounted stuff? Tragedies and whatnot!

well ... it would've been discounted if you bought it earlier :p you snooze, you lose :p

Sarcasm

DLGamer has City Skylines on sale for 23 bucks.

It what ES tells me on the page...never heard of this site. Man it was 17 bucks on nuv on Feb 23rd!?

Copons

well ... it would've been discounted if you bought it earlier :p you snooze, you lose :p

At this point I'm going to snooze until the next Rio Carnival Sale, as I really don't give a damn about the preorder stuff.

I mean, a basketball court?
Why would I want that?
If what I learned in movies and series it's true, building one of them is totally asking for trouble, triggering a goddamn drug war between East and West Baltimore.
#teamPropJoe

lashman

At this point I'm going to snooze until the next Rio Carnival Sale, as I really don't give a damn about the preorder stuff.

I mean, a basketball court?
Why would I want that?
If what I learned in movies and series it's true, building one of them is totally asking for trouble, triggering a goddamn drug war between East and West Baltimore.
#teamPropJoe

who are you trying to fool? :p you know you want that game ... BAD!! ;)

Sarcasm

I've never used nuveem before but I know of it...do you have to have something linked to PP inorder to buy from there?

Knurek

And fans of RPGs.

I have no hope of ever finishing 52 games in a year. I love all these genres.

Come on, I've managed to finish both TitS, Might & Magic X, Final Fantasy XIII and Valkyria Chronicles last year, and still double the quota.
It's certainly doable.

Chariot

And fans of RPGs.

I have no hope of ever finishing 52 games in a year. I love all these genres.
Yes, terrible. Luckily the game industry knows our pain and makes games like The Order.

no need to thank me :) also - get it from nuuvem, it's super-cheap there :D
Thanks! ;D
Just bought it. Luckily it's not so painful to wait since I still got Dynasty Warriors to play around with.

DLGamer has City Skylines on sale for 23 bucks.

It what ES tells me on the page...never heard of this site. Man it was 17 bucks on nuv on Feb 23rd!?
I got it just from nuuvem for 17 Euro.

Copons

I've never used nuveem before but I know of it...do you have to have something linked to PP inorder to buy from there?

No, it works exactly like any other store using the PayPal gateway (so you can pay through the PayPal inserting your card details as you go), except you have to register using a Brazilian address.
I basically clicked randomly around downtown São Paulo on Google Maps and that was plenty fine.

iosefe

speaking of Unreal Engine 4...

lets say i want to import assets from UE3 games like XCOM

how would i go bout doing that?

Backlogger

I need to finish TNO but I picked it up on PS4 and I don't play my PS4 as much as my PC (obviously). So far I only played through the intro portion
where you wake up and escape from the hospital to find out that the Nazis won WW2
. Really like it so far, just need to finish it

milena87

Come on, I've managed to finish both TitS, Might & Magic X, Final Fantasy XIII and Valkyria Chronicles last year, and still double the quota.
It's certainly doable.

Well, it's certainly doable for others, I don't deny that ;)

Last year I really didn't game much, but this time I'll try to do better!
Not that I've had an amazing start for 2015. It's March and I finished 6 games. 3 were Hexcells.

Devolver has a secret GDC sale where Talos Principle is not discounted and Sub Rosa is not for sale. 7/10 find the secret link yourselves

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's certainly doable.

Agreed. I finished a ton of RPG games last year, and still ended up finishing 63 games. That includes 4 numbered Final Fantasy games as well as others like Earthbound, Parasite Eve, Dragon Quest 1, and Hyrule Warriors. That was in addition to working a full time job, being a husband and father, and updating Enhanced Steam and Idle Master.

So it's totally possible!

lashman

gtX8c7f.jpg

because FUCK YOU, Europe ....

yes, that's the price of the steam version

I got to Chapter 2 of The Order.
I'm leaning towards just quitting now and moving to other games.

Gameplay is boring. The song is nice, but the pacing feels pretty slow.

Too many steam games that i would probably have a better time with.

Agreed. I finished a ton of RPG games last year, and still ended up finishing 63 games. That includes 4 numbered Final Fantasy games as well as others like Earthbound, Parasite Eve, Dragon Quest 1, and Hyrule Warriors. That was in addition to working a full time job, being a husband and father, and updating Enhanced Steam and Idle Master.

So it's totally possible!

I finished about 10 RPGs last year and that includes 4 final fantasy and 3 Ys games. Oh, and Dark Souls, which is a meaty bit of game.

So yeah, it's totally doable. for every 20-40 hour RPG there are dozens of 2-3 hour indie games to help keep you sane. I'm already up to 12 games completed this year and we're just barely into the 3rd month of the year and that includes Diablo 3 and its expansion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wolf14 getting a standalone expansion is some excellent news. Now that I have a 4GB GPU I can smash through the PC version of the game proper at maximum settings (the highest texture setting is forcibly disabled if you have less than 3GB VRAM)... which I really ought to do ahead of the expansion's release.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wolf14 getting a standalone expansion is some excellent news. Now that I have a 4GB GPU I can smash through the PC version of the game proper at maximum settings (the highest texture setting is forcibly disabled if you have less than 3GB VRAM)... which I really ought to do ahead of the expansion's release.

But what happens if you only have a 3.5GB GPU?
burn

I got to Chapter 2 of The Order.
I'm leaning towards just quitting now and moving to other games.

Gameplay is boring. The song is nice, but the pacing feels pretty slow.

Too many steam games that i would probably have a better time with.
Chapter 1 isn't really representative of the game as a whole, from 2 on you're playing most of the time but it is a pretty traditional if fluid third person shooter with some fun weapons. You either like that or not, the main problem with the game for me is it feels unfinished. It ends with nothing resolved and it feels like half the game is missing.

I don't blame you but honestly that's the worst part of the game.
I don't see how the beginning of Wolfenstein: The New Order is any worse than the
sewer
segments. The intro is admittedly formulaic and not indicative of how the game is actually like, but it sets the stakes / tone rather well and includes that fun castle bit. The
sewers
on the other hand are just... there and have you
shoot a handful of drones
. Exciting.

Also, Capcom definitely deserves credit for having a female dominated main cast. Claire and Moira are great together and Claire is a total badass. I hope they continue this trend into 7 (Sheva reigned supreme in 5 as did all the ladies in 6).
Every time Sheva opened her mouth she just exhibited how she was a dumb brick while constantly pointing out the obvious ("LOOK OUT, A DOG!" "SO THAT'S WESKER?!"), and all she really did was indulge Capcom's need for gratuitous fan service like ass shots. She's nothing but an underdeveloped template, even when only looking at other RE titles. That's saying something when she's next to Chris of all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom