• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

They were trying to sit on this Wolf prequel announcement until it was revealed that TNO was our SteamGAF GOTY, but time was running out.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
tp3KL2A.jpg

Teppic

Got my first free game on GOG. Quest for Infamy. I was beginning to think they'd blocked me after I won a lot of games that one time :p

Zafir

Can't decide whether the chart or $/€ price is more disgusting

If that isn't a typo I actually have no words

I doubt it's a typo, another thread said £60 for the UK price. Which is even fucking worse. >.>

Really awful prices. Then the publishers wonder why people try and import from cheaper regions! Can't possibly be because you give games stupid prices for some regions.

After you click install, it should verify the content and set the download to 99% or 100%.
at least that's what has happened to me

If you go to install it, Steam should detect the existing data, but something that'll definitely work is somebody sending you their manifest file for the game (appmanifest_287290.acf). Said files basically tell Steam that something is installed.
Thanks, starting the install did eventually lead to it correcting itself. Why did it happen in the first place?

KarmaCow

On the Payday 2 Hype Train event page, Valve was recently added as a dev that supports the Hype Train event. Previously Dennaton Games (the person (people?)) behind Hotline Miami was there along with links to HM2 on Steam notifying people that buying HM2 would add fuel to the counter. There is nothing from Valve on the page yet so I'm wondering what's up with that.

abracadaver

bioshock infinite season pass is $4.99 in the macgamestore

coupon code: macgames5off gives another 5% off

works from europe. works in windows

I hope they eventually update/remake the first two games and make the characters look like people like in Origins and Knight.

That creamy chromatic aberration <3

Knurek

Nope. The original soundtrack was midi based, PSX version is MP3 based. Original FFVII soundtrack was very poor.

What?
Fuck no.
PSX version used sequenced music (with shared sample set for all tracks) while the original PC version used XG-MIDI renditions of these and shipped with a custom Yamaha soft-synth that allowed for way better instrumentation than the default Windows soft-synth.
Steam version uses MP3s recorded from the PSX version (using most probably Neill Corlett PSF rip and Adam Gashlin VGMStream for playback).

Nabs

Guys. Don't freak out when you see the front page banner. It's just a SteamOS sale.

Oh the banner changes. It was of the Witcher 3 when I clicked.

Knurek

I remember bad, I think. Wasn't the PSX version superior to PC one in terms of soundtrack?

PSX had vocals in One Winged Angel (final boss fight), instruments sounded crappy in both of them.
Having to use the same set of instruments in all tracks hurt FF7 the most - something Square fixed in FF8.

Paying more than $10 for an Arkham game is just showing disrespect to your friends, family, and loved ones.

Those games (and pretty much any WB pc release) drop fast and hard within months of release. Just wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom