• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Square Enix has a great sense of humor.

iDkNCVM.gif

Spare
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-3097F52C92880E60

t1426754073z1.png

Arthea

haven't been here for a few days
how's everyone holding up

and did I miss anything :O

awesome market update we waited for

Groupees' BAGB 21 has started. Wolf14: The Old Blood is up for pre-order. All items bought from the market are now untradeable for seven days. Fare Godmace landed in the UK and may or may not live near Saoirse Ronan. You know, the usual.

(><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
haven't been here for a few days
how's everyone holding up

and did I miss anything :O

Groupees' BAGB 21 has started. Wolf14: The Old Blood is up for pre-order. All items bought from the market are now untradeable for seven days. Fare Godmace landed in the UK and may or may not live near Saoirse Ronan. You know, the usual.

wilflare

I missed the reserve price :/
now it's $3.

is Fare Godmace gonna marry her when he meets her?

JaseC

I missed the reserve price :/
now it's $3.

I don't think it was pre-purchaseable. I checked the Groupees site 2 or 3 days ago when I realised I'd missed #20 and there was no mention of #21.

is Fare Godmace gonna marry her when he meets her?

I suppose this is the part where I joke about how I'm hopping on a plane as we speak. ;)

Arthea

Thanks muncher for Without Within recommendation, it is indeed very short but not bad for a free game. I especially liked that one of "right" choices is
playing an obscure game just bought instead of going to sleep.

Recap is on the OP of the conference thread.
Basically, they're announcing future (last) update for FFXI PC while closing console services. They also announced a spinoff mobile FFXI AND a new mmmrpg FFXI developed by Nexon.

Thanks a lot, you are good people
so it really is RIP FFXI

... except it's not a joke and you really are ;)

you now live in Jasec's basement or something?

JaseC

Arthea

guys, don't fret over missing preoder of 21, that's like one of worst greenlight bundles so far.
20 was not bad though

edited:
Jasec, you mean there can be regional keys? I thought it's still not a thing.

Wait so I can VPN to russia and buy skylines using paypal on GMG and activate the key on steam?

unless you have two paypal accounts I don't see how you can

JaseC

edited:
Jasec, you mean there can be regional keys? I thought it's still not a thing.

Region-locked retail keys have pretty much always been a thing. It's just that the change Valve made to ACRTAG doesn't affect retail keys in any way, with one small exception in that multi-pack keys activated by someone in Eastern Europe/South America/South-east Asia or Turkey will have region-locked spares.

In the case of Cities, the game does have RU/CIS-specific retail subs, but even those are only region-locked at the activation level. That being said, since GMG's RU keys are said to be region-free I assume they're tied to the ROW subs instead.

Wait so I can VPN to russia and buy skylines using paypal on GMG and activate the key on steam?

Maybe. I haven't tried using a VPN with GMG for a long time, but I could never complete a purchase despite others having success.

Arthea

Triple A is dead, long live Triple M

you should put that on your avatar instead of wrong thread

Region-locked retail keys have pretty much always been a thing. It's just that the change Valve made to ACRTAG doesn't affect retail keys in any way, with one small exception in that multi-pack keys activated by someone in Eastern Europe/South America/South-east Asia or Turkey will have region-locked spares.

In the case of Cities, the game does have RU/CIS-specific retail subs, but even those are only region-locked at the activation level. That being said, since GMG's RU keys are said to be region-free I assume they're tied to the ROW subs instead.

That only makes it easier to stick to my not buying new games policy

wilflare

I'd say so since selling your game outside of Steam for a lower base price is a no-no.

Skylines ones are, yes.

Ah, so it was just for 24 hours rather than the entire lead-up period.

hmm so how much is Skylines on Russian GMG
lol

the softpower of the Russians find a new outlet

You know whats stupid, I finish a badge, get items, but can't sell them for 7 days. :|

Usually if I get an item and it turns out I don't like it, I would chuck it up on the marketplace straight away, now they're making me wait so it sits there and I forget about it?

For what reason?

-_-

Knurek

Portal 2 was so, so good.
How is the coop campaign? Anyone tried it?

I've started Final Fantasy VI (on GBA, don't want that AND/iOS monstrosity near me)... It's... boring so far? Insultingly easy, and so far consisting mostly of cutscenes...

Looks and sounds great, I'll give it that.
I would say that I might have outgrown jRPGs, but I loved what I played of FFXIII, Valkyria Chronicles and TitS last year...

Ozium

You know whats stupid, I finish a badge, get items, but can't sell them for 7 days. :|

Usually if I get an item and it turns out I don't like it, I would chuck it up on the marketplace straight away, now they're making me wait so it sits there and I forget about it?

For what reason?

-_-

Because they can. *evil laugh*

Good. Great even. Maybe even better than the single player because it's more focused on puzzle solving than having a lot of downtime for story elements and "find the white square you can throw a portal at" segments

Arthea

For what reason?

-_-

Volvo time?
One would think that delay of a day or two would be more than enough, but then volvo time kicks in, voilà

21 actually seems pretty decent. Several games in it look fairly interesting. I've definitely seen worse.

I don't see any interesting game there, tbh

edited: with the exception of Orbital Cargo maybe...

I've started Final Fantasy VI (on GBA, don't want that AND/iOS monstrosity near me)... It's... boring so far? Insultingly easy, and so far consisting mostly of cutscenes...

Looks and sounds great, I'll give it that.
I would say that I might have outgrown jRPGs, but I loved what I played of FFXIII, Valkyria Chronicles and TitS last year...

you are such a blasphemer!
Wait... you haven't played FF6 before?!

JaseC

hmm so how much is Skylines on Russian GMG
lol

I'm not sure. If GMG supports RUB or at least a conversion from RUB to USD, then roughly $8.35/$11.70. I've seen $12 mentioned, but I don't know if that's in regard to the standard edition or the DDE.

Schlomo

Quick question: I have Steam game xy installed on my PC. Can I log into a different Steam account that owns game xy and play it without re-downloading it?

JaseC

Quick question: I have Steam game xy installed on my PC. Can I log into a different Steam account that owns game xy and play it without re-downloading it?

Yes. A few relatively ancient games, such as SiN Episodes, still install to steamapps\[account name] rather than steamapps\common, though.

Ozium

It's 499 &#8381; for the standard edition and 699 &#8381; for the deluxe edition

this is what it says for me using hola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom