• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Valve could gain a lot from open sourcing some of the client and allowing developers to submit fixes (obviously reject feature submissions or whatever if you want to control the client's evolution). They'd even get a free security audit out of it.

Getting the audit is the easy part, they need to organize an effort to secure the software afterwards. I still remember the incident with script tags.

derExperte

Mildly interested on Goat Simulator, but i remember reading some criticism by some of you here.
Is it any good?

My GOTY. Also has Flappy Goat. And lots of additional content since release. Only avoid if you're a grumpy wanker.

Remember that time I brought up that Valve mighrt have hinted upcoming Linux releases here?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse#announcements/detail/246896726324728700

:p

░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░ THIS IS BOB
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ ░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀ ░░ COPY AND PASTE HIM
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░ SO HE CAN TAKE
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░ OVER STEAM
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░ AND THAT WILL TELL OVERKILL
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░ TO GIVE US THE HK416

If you consider any of the pre PS4 DS's comfortable in any way your opinion is invalid. You may also be a mutant. Like that black dude from Total Recall. With the claws or whatever.

I am a mutant but I don't see how that has anything to do with it. The triggers on the PS4 controllers are a pain to use compared to the previous DS controller and the Microsoft controllers. In fact the controllers is the main reason I went with a Xbox One over the PS4. (I still prefer the 360 controller to that and its my main PC controller)

Chariot

Mildly interested on Goat Simulator, but i remember reading some criticism by some of you here.
Is it any good?
It's fun for about five minutes, then it got really boring for me. The thing is, that the games doesn't have much more to go with than "haha, this is whacky". There is a lack of substance.

Is it any good?

Crazy good in the right frame of mind:

3A03E89FAA6F737B4AD9A7D061ECA6A4985B9C27

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No, I'm going to try to at least. I gotta find my list of winners again. Its somewhere on my PC.

I don't want to let GAF down with my promise.

Ah, I thought that maybe you'd worked out something else and that's why he said he was kidding.

def sim

Is it any good?

I thought it was a fun little silly thing and I enjoyed trying to outdo other members in flappy goat. This was when the playfire rewards more than paid for the game, though.

Arthea

I am a mutant but I don't see how that has anything to do with it. The triggers on the PS4 controllers are a pain to use compared to the previous DS controller and the Microsoft controllers. In fact the controllers is the main reason I went with a Xbox One over the PS4. (I still prefer the 360 controller to that and its my main PC controller)

finally, my controllebro! *sheds a tear*
I'm not a mutant anymore!
I just wish dpad wasn't this shitty

Microsoft is going to push the windows store... :(

you don't say...
I knew it! I posted as much too

Maniac

Banned
Well... I seem to have won two tickets to Rezzed.

Only problem is that it turns out I can't go... So... Any UK SteamGAFers that wanna go? It's a 3-day pass with a +1, it's... Like a buddy-pass.

Knurek

Been having some great Steam customer service lately.

February:
Sent a polite request, didn't get a response for three weeks, got the "we're going to close your ticket because we have too many tickets to answer unless you write us back to ask us to answer your ticket", did so immediately, got a response saying no to my request. (Thanks Walter!)

Put in two separate bug reports, neither of which has got a response. Got an email today from the first of the two saying "we're going to close your ticket because we have too many tickets to answer unless you write us back to ask us to answer your ticket", did so immediately.

Just use their default customer support email account, I believe it was gaben(at)valvesoftware.com

Shadownet

Banned
Ah, I thought that maybe you'd worked out something else and that's why he said he was kidding.

I found my list, so apparently I've already got everyone that is suppose to get Batman Arkham Knight something else as compensation. (like BillMcdougal wanted Witcher 3 instead.)

So if I missed anyone here please let me know.

My GOTY. Also has Flappy Goat. And lots of additional content since release. Only avoid if you're a grumpy wanker.
It's fun for about five minutes, then it got really boring for me. The thing is, that the games doesn't have much more to go with than "haha, this is whacky". There is a lack of substance.
Goat Simulator is boss.
fuck Flappy Goat
I thought it was a fun little silly thing and I enjoyed trying to outdo other members in flappy goat. This was when the playfire rewards more than paid for the game, though.
hmmm..It's like 6BRL/2 Dollars here. still unsure.
Thank you for the posts :)

Sendou

It's almost scary to see that with Arkham Knight all of my most anticipated PC games are coming to Linux. Awesome for sure but this all is happening a lot faster than I expected.

Been having some great Steam customer service lately.

February:
Sent a polite request, didn't get a response for three weeks, got the "we're going to close your ticket because we have too many tickets to answer unless you write us back to ask us to answer your ticket", did so immediately, got a response saying no to my request. (Thanks Walter!)

Put in two separate bug reports, neither of which has got a response. Got an email today from the first of the two saying "we're going to close your ticket because we have too many tickets to answer unless you write us back to ask us to answer your ticket", did so immediately.

👎👎👎

I wish Valve had a bug reporting system separate from their support system, even if it was limited to people who had successfully reported reproducible bugs in the past or who had established credentials as programmers or anything else.

I actually think Valve could gain a lot from open sourcing some of the client and allowing developers to submit fixes (obviously reject feature submissions or whatever if you want to control the client's evolution). They'd even get a free security audit out of it.

And they are going to release hardware. This won't go over well.

I found my list, so apparently I've already got everyone that is suppose to get Batman Arkham Knight something else as compensation. (like BillMcdougal wanted Witcher 3 instead.)

So if I missed anyone here please let me know.

Now I'm just not sure my pc will handle W3 as well as i need it to. I've been becoming a Witcher fanatic though, so I'm sure I'll play it again when i upgrade, at the very least.

I still think my 7850 overclocked has a chance at matching or beating ps4 performance though. Guess we'll see.

At any rate, thanks again for the hook up :p

And they are going to release hardware. This won't go over well.

I'm not surprised with their terrible support. This crosses into basic communication that goes unanswered.

I had this problem a year ago. I got charged twice for $25 dollars added to my Steam wallet, and Paypal basically threw their hands up and said "take it up with them". The only area they're good in is compliance - they got right back to me as soon as I sent them my supporting documents, and that's likely just because they're on the ball when it comes to legal or tax matters.

I think I just heard "Games For Windows 10" (not a DRM).
Would really like to watch the stream. Or do you mean the SteamDB liveblog?

Could you guys please post links when posting?
If you consider any of the pre PS4 DS's comfortable in any way your opinion is invalid. You may also be a mutant. Like that black dude from Total Recall. With the claws or whatever.
I have used a DS2 and I find it fucking fantastic.

I have and am using a DS3 extensively and find it fucking fantastic.

I have briefly used a Xbox360 controller and it was pretty good too. D-Pad sucked and I find the colored buttons an eyesore.

DS3 so far is the best controller I have used (dual stick layout).
Is the right side functioning as a d-pad? There is no cross-sign on the right one.
Looks like a prototype Move ripoff. I think move-like controls for VR are very good.
The best would be tactile gloves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom