• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

since when does Steam have a 1.1mb cap on downloads?

I mean maybe it doesnt but I have a fast connection and ever since a while ago it never goes above that. seems like a hard cap. changing download region does nothing

I should be able to download at 3mb/s :/

since when does Steam have a 1.1mb cap on downloads?

I mean maybe it doesnt but I have a fast connection and ever since a while ago it never goes above that. seems like a hard cap. changing download region does nothing

I should be able to download at 3mb/s :/

Sometimes it just goes slower than is possible. Check settings somewhere? I had Deus EX HR Director's Cut download the other day at ~7mb/s.

Turfster

Soooooo...

Is Borderlands 1 GOTY worth getting? I bought Borderlands 2 GOTY last winter sale (from GMG where it was slightly cheaper), but I only got an hour or so in. Is the story really important at all? I was kind of confused.
What story?
Also, if you found Blands 2 boring, Blands 1 is even more boring.

Salsa

Sometimes it just goes slower than is possible. Check settings somewhere? I had Deus EX HR Director's Cut download the other day at ~7mb/s.

nothing weird on settings. Just steadily rises up to that and stays there always

GLldAMj.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You should give King's Quest VI a try, along with the already mentioned Monkey Island games. It's considered one of the best pnc adventure games.
I'll keep that in mind. Are the other King Quest games any good? Usually I like trying to go in order in a series, but if they're not worth it I won't bother.

Sarcasm

So I messaged steam about my issue buying something yesterday. And all I got was:

Hello XXXXX,

Please restart Steam and log back into your account and don't use the previous links provided. This should resolve the issue.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

So what did they do? Change my region? I emailed back asking. They answered me quickly at least -.-

Can't seem to log into the Paypal popup at nuuvem. It keeps saying my credentials are incorrect. I called Paypal and they just transferred me around until telling me to go check with the merchant. Anyone have a workaround to this?

Using flyVPN? Did you stay logged into the VPN while you loaded PP..than turned it off?

umm haha whoops I was just using the Hola method. I'll give the flyVPN one a try.

@Sarcasm I downloaded and ran flyVPN using the trial. Logged on through a server from S. America, added the Lego bundle to my cart, selected Paypal. Turned off flyVPN and tried to log in to Paypal but it still says my credentials are incorrect :(

I have a feeling it must be the Paypal two-factor authentication that is tripping me up.

Sarcasm

Can't seem to log into the Paypal popup at nuuvem. It keeps saying my credentials are incorrect. I called Paypal and they just transferred me around until telling me to go check with the merchant. Anyone have a workaround to this?

Using flyVPN? Did you stay logged into the VPN while you loaded PP..than turned it off?

What story?
Also, if you found Blands 2 boring, Blands 1 is even more boring.

I didn't find it boring, I just picked it up and then put it down cause I got distracted with other games. But I'm not sure if BL1 is even going to be worth playing if go through BL2.

Anyway, still on the fence about the Beyond Earth/Starships bundle. I might bite.

Miguel81

I'll keep that in mind. Are the other King Quest games any good? Usually I like trying to go in order in a series, but if they're not worth it I won't bother.

I'd just go with VI and if you like/love it you can try some of the others.
Part 1-3 have VGA remakes just in case you ever decide to tackle the series. I've played 1 and 2 out of those and liked them, they have simple charm. Part 5 is also decent, but the talky version is grating and you are very likely to come to a deadend without a guide.

Deitus

I didn't find it boring, I just picked it up and then put it down cause I got distracted with other games. But I'm not sure if BL1 is even going to be worth playing if go through BL2.

There's not really a lot of story in BL1 that you would be missing out on. Since they are similar enough gameplay-wise, I'd say skip it and maybe read a plot summary (or don't, the plot is really basic) if you want to play BL2.

_hekk05

Banned
So is mordor on sale? I got it for 26 russiabucks at launch and haven't finished it. Sunk in 30 hours murdering everything I saw.

Also rip Konami. Kojima is going to make a name for himself somewhere. I'll just have to follow the sound of his fiddle.

Smokey putting his Titan X SLI in to action

So.

AC Unity. 4k, Max settings:

NO AA - 55 fps, 8GB VRAM
FXAA - 48 fps, 8.1GBVRAM
2x MSAA - 8.9GB VRAM
8X MSAA - 11.8GB VRAM
TXAA - 30-35 fps 11GB VRAM

yOGH5KD.gif

it was raining so maybe i caught some weird vram spike on the 11GB number i dunno...but maybe...ubi reasons...the 8GB is legit though

i actually played with txaa. hovered around 35fps. goddamn if it didn't look good

Jawmuncher

So is mordor on sale? I got it for 26 russiabucks at launch and haven't finished it. Sunk in 30 hours murdering everything I saw.

Also rip Konami. Kojima is going to make a name for himself somewhere. I'll just have to follow the sound of his fiddle.

Damn 30 hours and you didn't beat it? Took me like 10 at most to beat it I think to beat the campaign.

_hekk05

Banned
Damn 30 hours and you didn't beat it? Took me like 10 at most to beat it I think to beat the campaign.

Mudering everything you see takes a surprisingly long amount of time.

It was what I wanted from the game. So worth it. If I died, I would go back to my nemesis and make him my bitch.

Corpekata

Banned
Thanks, but I'm aware of that site.
I'm not looking for today's deals, but game sales in the past. When was the last time a particular game got discounted, not the lowest recorded.

When you click a game there's a "price history" button, that should show you what you are after.

Cth

Thanks, but I'm aware of that site.
I'm not looking for today's deals, but game sales in the past. When was the last time a particular game got discounted, not the lowest recorded.

That's what it does..

Look up a game, select which site to research and click on the PRICE HISTORY tab on the right.

EDIT: beaten

Jawmuncher

I wonder what would happen to MGR:R 2 after Kojima's departure.

Considering he really didn't do much with that game besides "hey platinum can you make something out of this", it can go any which way. Pretty much depends on if Konami want's more Metal Gear games regularly and see's asking platinum again as a viable strategy. The game did sell less than any mainline title I believe though (Despite being Platinums best selling game) so they could see it as not good enough, if they're being really picky about sales.

fenners

Bundle spares! I thoroughly enjoyed both of these, particularly Vertical Drop Heroes HD - cute, well done platformer with a dash of Steamworld Dig, Mr.Driller & Rogue Legacy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-4E195B37B2D5B6A0 - Taken by Akuosa. 20 entrants total.
The Nightmare Cooperative -- MB-5EC10B711FCB3AF4 - Taken by Cth. 7 entrants total.

t1426896875z1.png

Considering he really didn't do much with that game besides "hey platinum can you make something out of this", it can go any which way. Pretty much depends on if Konami want's more Metal Gear games regularly and see's asking platinum again as a viable strategy. The game did sell less than any mainline title I believe though (Despite being Platinums best selling game) so they could see it as not good enough, if they're being really picky about sales.
I was always under the impression that he written and directed the game.

Jawmuncher

I thought Kojima didn't have direct input into MGR in terms of gameplay? Storywise... maybe. Too many parallels and mirroring in the plot of MGR and MGS to be a coincidence.

He didn't even touch the story really. It was his staff that wrote it.
He might of looked at it and went "Yep that's metal gear enough".

I was always under the impression that he written and directed the game.

No Rising was only meant to be another team's project and just something he might have gave some guidance on.
It's why the box art doesn't say anything about being a Hideo Kojima game.

_hekk05

Banned
Wasnt it more like a PR move, that they said Kojima was involved in that.

I mean they Konami the same with Castlevania.

Dude it was metal gear. If they hadn't said anything about Kojima and MGR, it might not even have sold as much as it did.

A Hideo Kojima Game sells more copies than Metal Gear

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but this industry, nor any social institution of any kind with extreme few exception ever rewards intelligence...it rewards fame. And Kojima for all his flaw is famous, so from a straight "profitabilty and viability" standpoint I'd argue keeping him happy and in the spotlight as "Konami" would be the best idea. But what do I know?

Industries reward competence and excellence before they reward fame. There isn't a meaningful increase in sales just because you have someone famous as your spokesperson. A bad game, will fail to perform no matter the 'personality' attached to it. And a good game will succeed even with no one person heading the marketing push. And all of this is ignoring the costs of assuaging your star personalities. In Konami's case, a semi-famous developer headlining a series that sells little less than a forth of their sports titles may not be worth the cost of expanding MGS development teams in Japan and creating a completely new studio in Los Angeles.

_hekk05

Banned
Industries reward competence and excellence before they reward fame. There isn't a meaningful increase in sales just because you have someone famous as your spokesperson. A bad game, will fail to perform no matter the 'personality' attached to it. And a good game will succeed even with no one person heading the marketing push. And all of this is ignoring the costs of assuaging your star personalities. In Konami's case, a semi-famous developer headlining a series that sells little less than a forth of their sports titles may not be worth the cost of expanding MGS development teams in Japan and creating a completely new studio in Los Angeles.

His team made them a new engine (that looks amazing) and that was supposed to help in the transition to new gen consoles, he's doing TPP and was supposed to do the reboot of silent hills. Look how much attention P.T. got.

I'll still argue a Hideo Kojima Game sells more than Metal Gear branding.

Jawmuncher

His team made them a new engine (that looks amazing) and that was supposed to help in the transition to new gen consoles, he's doing TPP and was supposed to do the reboot of silent hills. Look how much attention P.T. got.

I'll still argue a Hideo Kojima Game sells more than Metal Gear branding.

Yeah that's why the ZoE series is so strong right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom