• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

So this is the end, huh? Japanese pubs one by one keeled over to AAA game pressure. That Dragon Ball game seemed to rake in massive amount of money and it (cmiiw) doesn't appeared to me as AAA game. The downfall of AAA and the rise of AA?

Kojima need to make his own studio.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just looked at a list of Hideo Kojima games and I guess I know now why him leaving Konami(?) doesn't really phase me much. His games that I've played:
  • Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  • P.T.
So basically, two demos and a game, and I didn't even finish Castlevania.

Jawmuncher

I just looked at a list of Hideo Kojima games and I guess I know now why him leaving Konami(?) doesn't really phase me much. His games that I've played:
  • P.T.

Lords of Shadow was a cheap ploy to get the game more attention.
They really did nothing more than slap the logo on the box.

Deitus

So this is the end, huh? Japanese pubs one by one keeled over to AAA game pressure. That Dragon Ball game seemed to rake in massive amount of money and it (cmiiw) doesn't appeared to me as AAA game. The downfall of AAA and the rise of AA?

Kojima need to make his own studio.

Honestly, AA is where they should have been going for years. I'm fine with that. I just fear most Japanese developers are going mobile only, or shutting down entirely.

I can't see Konami remaining in the console/PC gaming space in any meaningful capacity if they have cut ties with the only people left in the company even making non-mobile games.

Locust

• P.T.

You're missing out, you know :p

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Paranormal State: Poison Spring -- MB-2664485E4452E3E7 - Taken by Akuosa

baterism

Honestly, AA is where they should have been going for years. I'm fine with that. I just fear most Japanese developers are going mobile only, or shutting down entirely.

I can't see Konami remaining in the console/PC gaming space in any meaningful capacity if they have cut ties with the only people left in the company even making non-mobile games.

Yeah, that's one thing. Nothing wrong with mobile, but now every company seemed to chase that "low-cost ridiculous-profit" mobile games every damn time. Companies that seemed doing good: IF, Dimps, and CC2. All mid-tiers. Going big or going home, perhaps.

Nice giveaway, Kifimbo. I had more fun with that game than I anticipated. It's campy fun and the puzzles aren't too bad either. (Just going to bat in case anyone was hesitating about entering it.)

Ozium

Nice giveaway, Kifimbo. I had more fun with that game than I anticipated. It's campy fun and the puzzles aren't too bad either. (Just going to bat in case anyone was hesitating about entering it.)

yeah it's a decent hidden object game plus it has cards

why do hidden object games not have cards (except this and artifex mundi publications)

Love how the Anime is better in the screenshots than in their banner.

yeah, even the art on the cards is better: http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-350810

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You're missing out, you know :p

I might play Metal Gear Solid now that I have a PS3. I also got Metal Gear Solid 4 so I'm sure I'll play that eventually. I guess of the games I've played of his so far I've enjoyed them. I also have 2/3 on the PSVita.

Maybe I should just marathon through them and see what the fuss is all about.

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batman!

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes -- MB-250539A3E7F9D71D - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 5 entrants total.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-279F4058C211EAE3 - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 18 entrants total.

t1426828056z1.png

Glad I got them this time, just missed out last time around!

Dsyndrome

Got Outlaws, I don't even like westerns and I'm looking forward to it though. Intro reminded me of Full Throttle, so let's see how the game is!

zkylon

zkylewd
QDWAG9S.png

excited as fuuuuuuuuuck download faster

fucking 42 gigs. Tomorrow it is I guess

pretty crazy how after coming back after being away for games for a while I managed to snag everything I wanted that I missed last year in like 2 weeks for cheap (the evil within, alien, and now this)

now I just need wolfenstein

playing games late is cool! who'd have thunk it
dang you're kind of tempting me

my friend told me it was boring and that i would probably not like it tho

also i know there are spiders in it somewhere cos it's a tolkien game

Parsnip

Obviously now that Konami takes MGS from Kojima's iron grip, we'll see Steam releases of all the old games, right?

Right? Guys?

zychi

Banned
I hope the Konami/Kojima sepearation means we get the HD collection and MGS 4 on PC some time soon. All MGS on Steam have sold really well

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Some free Android games (via Amazon):

Five Nights a Freddy's 2
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon
Cut the Rope
Kingdom Rush Origins
Unpossible
World of Goo
Super Why!
Ruzzle
The Hidden World
Atomus HD

More games & some productivity apps in the link.

Jawmuncher

I've played the others but I personally prefer the style of act zero. The OG bomberman as iconic as he is, never did much for me. I just like generic "EXTREME" shit I guess.

So I like the other games, but this is my favorite version of him. Since NES box art bomberman doesn't really exist.

bmprog--article_image.jpg

Speevy

Banned
May your rocks be grim, too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-E22CCF212DABD676 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 37 entrants total.

t1426835796z1.png

Jawmuncher

If that trend continues its going to be quite awhile before VR gets anywhere. If they aren't treated like TVs or Monitors is gonna be a mess.

louiedog

Its title is a bit difficult to search for, but I couldn't find any mention of it.

A SAW Steam key is the cheapest it's ever been at $1.51 on Nuuvem right now.

Jawmuncher

Its title is a bit difficult to search for, but I couldn't find any mention of it.

A SAW Steam key is the cheapest it's ever been at $1.51 on Nuuvem right now.

Game isn't half bad at that price. Maybe a little repetitive but I enjoyed my time with it enough and I never even saw any of the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom