• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Cut out the middle pic and it's a perfectly reasonable evolution in artstyle.

Happy birthday, man! Hope you're doing something awesome to celebrate. : )

It's not. The character in the NES game looked exactly like the character in the middle. The boxart is just another NES botch job akin to Megaman's box art.

FloatOn

speaking of lords of shadow.. I just opened a huge can of worms.

good lord.

I'm hoping I can manage to beat scene 6 in hotline miami 2 this weekend. It's crazy hard.

speaking of lords of shadow.. I just opened a huge can of worms.

good lord.

I'm hoping I can manage to beat scene 6 in hotline miami 2 this weekend. It's crazy hard.

Lords of Shadow 1 was a promising first entry from that franchise. The controls felt like they had no weight to them, sure, and the game is padded as all hell, yeah, but you could see how a sequel could take if from promising underachiever to a fantastic game.

but then LoS2 happened and it was a total turd.

Real shame, too, because it could've gone some interesting places had it not been a poopfest.

But you have my sword with DmC.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Shadow of Mordor is ~$15USD on Nuuvem right now.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2060-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor

Use Hola to set your location to Peru, then purchase through Paypal.

MlniJJA.png
2FpE5CT.png

Turfster

Bundlestars Zen bundle
Price: 2.85€/2.49$
  • Mountain
  • Over the Void
  • Sparkle 2 Evo
  • Danmaku Unlimited 2
  • Pretentious Game
  • Luxuria Superbia
  • Bientôt l'été
  • The Graveyard
  • Particula
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

Anteater

Lords of Shadow 1 was a promising first entry from that franchise. The controls felt like they had no weight to them, sure, and the game is padded as all hell, yeah, but you could see how a sequel could take if from promising underachiever to a fantastic game.

but then LoS2 happened and it was a total turd.

Real shame, too, because it could've gone some interesting places had it not been a poopfest.

But you have my sword with DmC.

I'd consider LoS a success since it led to another game, but then we got LoS2, even though I did enjoy the combat more in 2. DmC on the other hand is fun, but I wouldn't say it worked out for capcom.

I should really get back to LoS2 but it had so much more stuff I didn't like than 1, and the modern setting was pretty weird, wish they stuck with the cool environments from 1.

Wish Steam had the same price, got 8 bucks of wallet money.

Twentieth

Worth pointing out that Nuuvem has SAW and Sillent Hill Homecoming for ~1.50 USD each right now with Steam keys and no region lock (apparently).

If you play Duke Nukem Forever like it's a 2001 FPS that was only recently rediscovered and released online, you could get some enjoyment out of playing it.

just, like, set those expectations as low as possible and you'll be fine.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, pretty much GOTY confirmed. I hope Dontnod never stops making whatever the hell they want to make.

I really hope the game does well on sales cause they absolutely deserve them. The whole game is so well crafted and filled with little details that add to it. <3

Because of :
6aUSDM0.png

You can have:

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deep Dungeons Of Doom -- MB-9C0BBF4E41C1017E - Taken by xezuru
UFO: Aftermath -- MB-C15AF886DB007C2C
Sinking Island -- MB-40A28DF001D3C5E9 - Taken by anastef
Gravity Badgers -- MB-9E4B5361988AEF83 - Taken by agniswarm
Tex Murphy -- MB-79099D34BB86FE99 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Pixel Puzzles: Japan -- MB-73822057798C1E09 - Taken by tioslash
Costume Quest -- MB-51BF8F16C00A4EE9 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
KAMI -- MB-2BBD264707A5E29D - Taken by Catshade
The Bridge -- MB-2F41B3BFB9A62A59 - Taken by trailmix16
Betrayer -- MB-09D2AAEEFB3DA570 - Taken by dave is ok
Closure -- MB-B0F548662CBC68FE - Taken by Cth
Squirreltopia -- MB-D0629D9473CFBF05
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-338DFEEFF7BB4E38 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Titan Attacks! -- MB-026EB742FC2D309B - Taken by Conrad Link
VVVVVV -- MB-FC571827FCD8A938 - Taken by shockdude
CreaVures -- MB-BCAB7731E6EC2452 - Taken by Kifimbo

Ruruja

Was reading a few pages back and hekk05 just got banned before my eyes. (I clicked view post arrow and he was banned in that new tab, but not my current).

Grief.exe

Worth pointing out that Nuuvem has SAW and Silent Hill Homecoming for ~1.50 USD each right now with Steam keys and no region lock (apparently).

Nuuvem has been killing it latley. With the LEGO bundle yesterday and some more great deals today.

Might pick up Saw and Lords of Shadow, since Konami rarley drops the price that steeply on the latter. Saw just for the novelty.

Unfortunately I missed out on the LEGO bundle yesterday. How are the Harry Potter games in that series? I have a fiance who loves Harry Potter and cute aesthetics.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Was reading a few pages back and hekk05 just got banned before my eyes. (I clicked view post arrow and he was banned in that new tab, but not my current).

hekk got rekt

I think there is an argument to be made that there is no such thing as PC port begging, but that thread would get locked.

Port begging is usually worthless, as it is just a moan that "ugh, this game I'm interested in isn't on the exact machine of my choice" as, generally, the machines in question have similar benefits and negatives. It's all about your needs. It's selfish.

However, the PC is the only platform that has the advantage of indefinite forwards compatibility at the best quality. It's the only platform with a selfless reason to want games on it.

I think there is an argument to be made that there is no such thing as PC port begging, but that thread would get locked.

Port begging is usually worthless, as it is just a moan that "ugh, this game I'm interested in isn't on the exact machine of my choice" as, generally, the machines in question have similar benefits and negatives. It's all about your needs. It's selfish.

However, the PC is the only platform that has the advantage of indefinite forwards compatibility at the best quality. It's the only platform with a selfless reason to want games on it.

No lies detected.
mqmd6Ld.png

However, the PC is the only platform that has the advantage of indefinite forwards compatibility at the best quality.
It's the only platform with a selfless reason to want games on it.

Re: the bolded, I take it you haven't tried to play some 15+ year old games....

Forwards compatibility is going to be especially difficult for games released nowadays, connected to all kinds of servers, licenses, accounts and DRM. Who knows what kind of workarounds will be needed to play them in 15+ years.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Waterborn has a hefty campaign. About half as long as the original campaign.

Well I'm talking more of a general upgrade kinda thing, not just campaigns. I mean all DLCs have campaigns. I'm talking about stuff like T3's Absolute Power or T4's Modern Times.

Oblivion is 9 years old today. Still an excellent game.

Well, it's better than Skyrim that's for sure.

Eeeh, there are compatibility problems but there are very few I haven't been able to solve and most of those have been with mid 2000's games like Condemned which sufferers from hardware polling problems or Dark Engine stuff like System Shock 2 (which got a release anyway).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Forwards compatibility is going to be especially difficult for these newish games, connected to all kinds of servers and accounts and DRM. Who knows what kind of workarounds will be needed to play them in 15+ years.

He didn't mean to imply that everything works perfectly out of the box, just that, by virtue of being an open platform, the PC has no shortage of options available to those who want to play something that's old enough to be measured in decades.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I play it on Medium so it doesn't exactly look great. But I can post a screenshot of someone else using the same SweetFX settings so people can see how it looks with corrected colors.
Looks like some old Kodachrome photographs.

Xeroblade

Nuuvem has been killing it latley. With the LEGO bundle yesterday and some more great deals today.

Might pick up Saw and Lords of Shadow, since Konami rarley drops the price that steeply on the latter. Saw just for the novelty.

Unfortunately I missed out on the LEGO bundle yesterday. How are the Harry Potter games in that series? I have a fiance who loves Harry Potter and cute aesthetics.

Is Saw and Silent Hill worth it?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Forwards compatibility is going to be especially difficult for games released nowadays, connected to all kinds of servers, licenses, accounts and DRM. Who knows what kind of workarounds will be needed to play them in 15+ years.

He didn't mean to imply that everything works perfectly out of the box, just that, by virtue of being an open platform, the PC has no shortage of options available to those who want to play something that's old enough to be measured in decades.

What JaseC said.

I'd also argue that, going forward, things are going to be better. The period of time that gets brought up as a counterpoint (circa 2000) was a particularly rough one in terms of port quality and hardware compatibility.

Games are getting released with less invasive DRMs and you will generally have a way to circumvent it nowadays.

Older software generally works great thanks to emulators like Scumm and Dosbox. Hell, even a lot of 2000 era software can work well under Windows virtualization or even Wine in Linux.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dungeons 2 is up for pre-purchase and is using the tiered rewards system. It releases in exactly one month and a week, so the progress bar should be full by the time the game has unlocked worldwide.

dungeons2saui2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom