• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

I won't go down into console vs PC arguments, but if I were asked why I prefer PC and "trust" digital service on PC more is simply because PC isn't solely for gaming. Consoles come and go, but PC will still a PC which will always needed to work/etc.

I have high hopes on Ninty future account system an their push on digital service, but I'm not holding my breath. Why digital? Because I can't justify shipping and headache from tax/custom.

GaussTek

Another remastered spotted. This time is God of War 3.

xngAPd9.png

What JaseC said.

I'd also argue that, going forward, things are going to be better. The period of time that gets brought up as a counterpoint (circa 2000) was a particularly rough one in terms of port quality and hardware compatibility.

Games are getting released with less invasive DRMs and you will generally have a way to circumvent it nowadays.

Older software generally works great thanks to emulators like Scumm and Dosbox. Hell, even a lot of 2000 era software can work well under Windows virtualization or even Wine in Linux.

I won't let you infect me with your optimism.

Such a weird trend. Sorta odd that it didn't happen years ago, but I guess it was more classic game collections and such, rather than up-ports.

rtcn63

God of War 3 had some weird double jumping. Like, you can't just double tap the button, but have to wait until the apex of the first jump, then tap it to initiate the second. Even then, it took me a bit of practice, particularly when it came to utilizing the wings to glide. Died a lot at first.

derExperte

Guess not all Twitter giveaways are besieged by bots. Guess I now own Cities:Skylines.

Was reading a few pages back and hekk05 just got banned before my eyes. (I clicked view post arrow and he was banned in that new tab, but not my current).

Talking about getting banned for something and then repeating that something multiple times is just a bad idea all around.

This release makes no sense. It would have one if Sony remastered the whole trilogy, not the conclusive chapter of a trilogy in which, if you didn't play at least GOW2, you won't understand nothing.

What's there to understand? Story: Kratos is still angry and kills everyone.

derExperte

Spring Rush Bundle: https://www.indiegala.com/springrush

$1

The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight (STEAM)
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Deep Dungeons Of Doom (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS

$3.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h)

The Old City: Leviathan (STEAM)
Down To One (STEAM)
Surgeon Simulator 2013 (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
BlazeRush (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Motorama (STEAM)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Bundle stuff incoming.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-38DCF2BFCE18E4F2 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Pretentious Game -- MB-4E207BE9F564AFDE - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.
Danmaku Unlimited 2 -- MB-307A3D81513B592F - Taken by r3n4ud. 2 entrants total.
Particula -- MB-012D9D8FAA679E44 - Taken by agniswarm. 3 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-39C0EDC83B7576CD - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
Bientot l'ete -- MB-D01E259DC80EFFB7 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Titan Attacks! -- MB-020A4317616F3EEA - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-C017BDC6C4DDF09E - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.

t1426873718z1.png

$1

Down To One (STEAM)
Motorama (STEAM)

In for The Old City: Leviathan

MUnited83

For you.

$1

Down To One (STEAM)
Motorama (STEAM)

This is a great bundle.

$1

Down To One (STEAM)
Motorama (STEAM)

I've had my eye on The Old City for awhile so I'll get it for that one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I won't go down into console vs PC arguments, but if I were asked why I prefer PC and "trust" digital service on PC more is simply because PC isn't solely for gaming. Consoles come and go, but PC will still a PC which will always needed to work/etc.

It took several years for me to trust console services again after Microsoft banned my Live account that I had spent over $3,000 on for no reason and gave me no recourse. That was back in 2007 and it was my first experience in digital content locker services like this for gaming. Contacting their support was fruitless.

That's probably why it took me so long to get into using Steam (2011) and I didn't have a PSN account until late 2013 when I bought my Vita. Thankfully I haven't had a problem with either of these yet.

Such a weird trend. Sorta odd that it didn't happen years ago, but I guess it was more classic game collections and such, rather than up-ports.

Super Mario All-Stars was a revelation back in the day. And before that Pac-Man could be seen as a "remaster" on the NES of the awful Atari 2600 port.

ViviOggi

Did I miss Nuuvem introducing a global IP lock recently or did I just get unlucky with particular games? Couldn't put either Homecoming nor the Lego bundle in my cart without VPN.

derExperte

Dungeons 2 is up for pre-purchase and is using the tiered rewards system. It releases in exactly one month and a week, so the progress bar should be full by the time the game has unlocked worldwide.

Read a long, positive preview in a German mag about Dungeons 2, could end up being a worthy new Dungeon Keeper with enough differences to make it not look like a cheap copy.

Bundle stuff incoming.

Thx for Pretentious Game.

Salsa

I can help out with Nuuvem purchases for those who dont wanna/know how to use a VPN

did it for a couple gaffers yesterday. Being from Uruguay amounts to something, woo

$1

Down To One (STEAM)
Motorama (STEAM)

lol, Paranautical Activity just says "no serial available yet"

Did I miss Nuuvem introducing a global IP lock recently or did I just get unlucky with particular games? Couldn't put either Homecoming nor the Lego bundle in my cart without VPN.

It's been like that the past few weeks for me as well. Luckily you can buy through Paypal/VPN pretty easily.

Still a pain.

-----------------------------------------------------

On that note, how would I find out if the key on Russian Green Man is ROW or locked down?

Deadbeat

Banned
2k really want to let Evolve die.

I mean first the DLC shit. And now the prices.

22.95 (AUD) $ for the monster? Seriously?
I cant remember where I read it (I think it was this forum) but someone speculated they used Evolve as a test bed for a bunch of DLC ideas to know how far they can go for their other games. Since its not an important IP to them they dont risk doing damage to anything that matters.

Khronico

Holy crap, the Total War modding community is insane. I've been playing the Rage of the Dark Gods mod (Warhammer Fantasy total conversion for Medieval 2) and the amount of work put into it is astounding. They have every unit and every faction from the tabletop game INCLUDING all the lore for every unit and every faction. Not only that, every single unit model is painstakingly detailed and looks incredibly professional. Aside from some bugs it's just as competent (if not more so) as the real game.

Holy crap, the Total War modding community is insane. I've been playing the Rage of the Dark Gods mod (Warhammer Fantasy total conversion for Medieval 2) and the amount of work put into it is astounding. They have every unit and every faction from the tabletop game INCLUDING all the lore for every unit and every faction. Not only that, every single unit model is painstakingly detailed and looks incredibly professional. Aside from some bugs it's just as competent (if not more so) as the real game.

oh. You have my attention...

The ps3 one had game breaking bugs. I never finished it.

finished it issue free.

Khronico

oh. You have my attention...

My only gripe is Sylvania is practically impossible to survive as past turn 10. The enemy pressure is too strong and just wipes me off the map. I even tried cheating my way to victory with tons of money and instant buildings but I couldn't even make it to turn 8.

Other than that it's super good. It's probably the best video game interpretation of Warhammer fantasy we will get in quite a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom