• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Cost will be an interesting issue in regards to the Windows 10 store. Are MS really going to charge £50 for the next Halo/Forza/Gears of War title on PC? Are they going to demand PC gamers pay a subscription for multiplayer?

ViviOggi

Gabe's new look:

B_R9lceXAAMkpC2.jpg:large

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully there won't be Win10 store exclusives.

Well, Fable Legends' closed beta, which is currently underway, isn't on Steam. That in itself isn't necessarily indicative of future plans, of course, however given the game was recently confirmed to be free-to-play I'll be surprised if MS releases it on Steam prior to its userbase dwindling.

can't buy hotline miami 2 on nuuvem because it says it is not available in my region.

welp.

Use a VPN. Namely FlyVPN if Hola doesn't work.

tmarg

Cost will be an interesting issue in regards to the Windows 10 store. Are MS really going to charge £50 for the next Halo/Forza/Gears of War title on PC? Are they going to demand PC gamers pay a subscription for multiplayer?

I think the subscription dream is dead. It didn't even last very long in the original GFWL, and they're still in the process of burying that.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well, Fable Legends' closed beta, which is currently underway, isn't on Steam. That in itself isn't necessarily indicative of future plans, of course, however given the game was recently confirmed to be free-to-play I'll be surprised if MS releases it on Steam prior to its userbase dwindling..

soooo ... a month after the release then? ;)

Maniac

Banned
Yeah, this is exactly what I feared. I think Sunset Overdrive and MCC will be WinStore WIn10 Exclusives :/

Unless Win10 adoption is leagues and miles above Win 8 adoption I doubt they'd have much financial success doing so. It'd probably result in a bigger blow to profitability than having stuff exclusively on Origin.

Well, Fable Legends' closed beta, which is currently underway, isn't on Steam. That in itself isn't necessarily indicative of future plans, of course, however given the game was recently confirmed to be free-to-play I'll be surprised if MS releases it on Steam prior to its userbase dwindling.

Plus it will probably be available on the Xbox one before the pc version comes out.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Mine too. Took me completely by surprise. I haven't been put that on edge by a game in years.

When playing it, I kind of hated it at first. I was like, "Why would I play a game that gives me stress and dread?" ...but I have come to love it so, so very much.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
vyVe2fq.jpg

sooooooo, in other words - they WILL take revenue share from the developers ;)

Dr Dogg

I've played Alien Isolation for about 11 in game hours and still only 66% done. A lot of fat could be cut from the game that's for sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
vyVe2fq.jpg

sooooooo, in other words - they WILL take revenue share from the developers ;)
that's markedly terrible if you can't publish outside of steam. if you can publish on steam and on gog or your own site then it's acceptable, but if not fuck that

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oranki:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oranki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut -- MB-2A53CE76F1F9C71E - Taken by Accoun. 7 entrants total.
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-6D541B8CBB3F7A9E - Taken by Haunted. 5 entrants total.

t1425513940z1.png
here be some humble gift link codes

Nabs

I will buy a Steam controller with trading card money.

I love Steam

Lets hope it comes with a TF2 item so you can then make back that money you spent.

that's markedly terrible if you can't publish outside of steam. if you can publish on steam and on gog or your own site then it's acceptable, but if not fuck that

I doubt they'd lock you to Steam.

lol this is chaotic, Valve. Separate journos are just reporting on seperate things. Why couldn't Valve make an unified announcement again. Something for reference. It also doesn't help how fast gaming side is moving atm.

Saty

You can put the game elsewhere:
However, and crucially, developers are going to be free to also sell their game anywhere else, which means you can also use stores that take far lower cuts. Use Source 2, put your game on Steam and take advantage of Steamworks, the community features, and so on, but direct all your customers to your Humble store where only see 5% won’t reach you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom