• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Just realized that the Steam Controller's analog stick has a convex surface. Which I kinda hate and even Sony finally saw the light. :(

I'd love to try this out with Dark Souls.

Oh man, I already know that'd be terrible for me... Half the time I'm playing Dark Souls claw. I want to control camera and movement while I'm running. I don't think claw would work on the Steam Controller.

I still want one though, thing looks dope. Also want a Bone controller too... Need to get my hands on both and see which feels better.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Urgh! Having to get up and yank my ethernet cable just to play Rev 2's Raid mode is starting to get a little tiring.

Quick tip so you don't need to actually get up and physically do it.

PkjaXZ7.png

Network and sharing center. Change adapter settings. Disable Lan.

def sim

Oh man, I already know that'd be terrible for me... Half the time I'm playing Dark Souls claw. I want to control camera and movement while I'm running. I don't think claw would work on the Steam Controller.

I still want one though, thing looks dope. Also want a Bone controller too... Need to get my hands on both and see which feels better.

I play claw as well, but I'd likely do some remapping with the steam controller so I wouldn't have to. Primarily using the paddles along with the triggers/shoulder buttons could be an ideal solution.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not exclusivity. Even the mere notion is madness. C'mon, they're not that unreasonable. :p
Good point. Especially when we've just seen EA lay off a buttload of people because a game didn't sell well enough due to EA themselves restricting the game to one single digital platform that's bleeding active users.

So yeah, Valve isn't that unreasonable, but... Most are, I suppose. :|
valve isn't ea but they don't have a perfect track record either

looks like a sci fi version of one of those shaving machines things

I know you're all anticipating GTAV but i'm 2 hours into my first ever playthrough of Chinatown Wars and, yeah, this game is legit as hell. I wasn't looking forward to it as much after having played some Liberty City Stories and, um, yeah. That game was a bummer.

Chinatown Wars is pretty great, though. The only glaring issue is the lack of checkpoints during missions, which is total bullshit given how inaccurate the controls can be at times. But other than that, i've enjoyed taking plants to one part of town and selling them for some pills to make a profit off of at another part of town.

chronomac

Just read this post in the Steam Controller thread:

The coolest thing about the steam controller is how it works on the low level. It's not emulating a keyboard and mouse, it is a keyboard and mouse. As in, it gets recognized as such in it's default legacy mode. When you reconfigure these controllers in Steam and launch the game, there is no translation software going on, nothing driver level, nothing in between the controller and the game. The secret is in a reflashable firmware on the controller - every time you change the config and launch a game, the controller's firmware is flashed with your configuration. That means it's actually remapping the buttons on the controller itself, not in software.

Where this gets really cool is when you take this thing to a non-PC that isn't running steam: it still works. It's literally a keyboard and mouse. I've used my steam controller on a windows 98 PC - played System Shock 2 with it. I've used it on a playstation. I've used it on my mobile phone. I used it on my dreamcast. You can use it on anything that recognizes a keyboard or mouse, because it is a keyboard and mouse.

Very cool stuff.

That's amazing, really. A neat, simple solution that no one else had really tried.

Dr Dogg

Quick tip so you don't need to actually get up and physically do it.

Network and sharing center. Change adapter settings. Disable Lan.

Hahaha cheers, granted I would have gone through device manager but that still requires getting up due to using Big Picture mode and a controller. I'm just feeling far too lazy this evening.

Edit: Also I really must reinstall that P4 Rainmeter theme.

Edit edit: Duh why didn't I think of this before. Just restart Steam in offline mode and hey presto no Raid mode crashes.

derExperte

From GDC.

I know you're all anticipating GTAV but i'm 2 hours into my first ever playthrough of Chinatown Wars and, yeah, this game is legit as hell. I wasn't looking forward to it as much after having played some Liberty City Stories and, um, yeah. That game was a bummer.

I loved the little touches like the whole drug economy including more dealers but lower prices when you destroy surveillance cameras. Really had it's own identity. Too bad we didn't get more of those smaller offshoots.

I play claw as well, but I'd likely do some remapping with the steam controller so I wouldn't have to. Primarily using the paddles along with the triggers/shoulder buttons could be an ideal solution.

Oh right, the paddles! I totally forgot about those. Looking at the picture again, I should have realized. Yeah, that'd probably actually be waaay better.

Ozium

those steam controllers paired with VR and room tracking would make for an awesome Ricochet 2 futuresport experience.

Ozium

Dreaming Sarah has a Release build 1 up, content is complete but hasn't been checked for bugs yet.. Release date set for March 13.

Same day LA Cops leaves Early Access.

Speevy

Banned
Steam OS Saleabration

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dreamfall Chapters -- MB-073D1926E6C4AEB7 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 47 entrants total.

t1425518500z1.png

Tizoc

Still waiting for Humble Don Rosa+ Carl Barks Bundle.

Shiiiit I can see such a bundle being done by end of this year after Don Rosa Library Vol. 3+4 get released! I would buy that in an instant, but for now get that Transformers bundle.
MTMTE has the BEST writing in comics IMHO.

Nabs

It looks like Google finally figured out their GIF problem. They latest version of Canary is super smooth. It looks like I'll be returning to the Indie Games thread :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It looks like Google finally figured out their GIF problem. They latest version of Canary is super smooth. It looks like I'll be returning to the Indie Games thread :)

Thank goodness. Just tested a Gaf GIF thread and was able to scroll to the bottom immediately without a single hiccup. Feels good.

Phawx

Can confirm Version 43.0.2321.0 canary is the sauce.

Maniac

Banned
By the way, if anyone is thinking of buying AC:Rogue, I've got a uPlay code I'm not gonna be using, so I'd... Gladly sell it at a SteamGAF discount, yo.

(I realise this isn't the B/S/T thread, but I'm far too lazy to go in there and remember to post)

Also, if noone wants the free 3-day Rezzed tickets I'll just return 'em to GMG :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom