• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
How the roads snaps on the grid... and the grid that appears around the roads, the big lines to help you zoning, it's kind of hypnotic.

I know, right?

March 10th is gonna be glorious and hard. I've got to stock up on supplies and play Hotline n' Cities all day, baby!

Good lad.
Mine too. Took me completely by surprise. I haven't been put that on edge by a game in years.

Equally good lad! :D That game nailed atmosphere more-so than... Well, anything I've ever played before. Love the hell out of it, but I still haven't manned up enough to finish it.

Maniac

Banned
SteamController.0.jpg

Sexy.

Hella sexy.
vyVe2fq.jpg

sooooooo, in other words - they WILL take revenue share from the developers ;)

Well... If someone wants to be successful on PC they'd need to be on Steam anyway. Having it as a required platform (not exclusively, mind) makes sense.
that's markedly terrible if you can't publish outside of steam. if you can publish on steam and on gog or your own site then it's acceptable, but if not fuck that

It's not exclusivity. Even the mere notion is madness. C'mon, they're not that unreasonable. :p
you never know in these dark times we live in

ah ok, that's acceptable

you'd think this'd be up to common sense but common sense is a rare occurrence in the videogames industry
Good point. Especially when we've just seen EA lay off a buttload of people because a game didn't sell well enough due to EA themselves restricting the game to one single digital platform that's bleeding active users.

So yeah, Valve isn't that unreasonable, but... Most are, I suppose. :|

MUnited83

For you.
yeah ... only once ... 30%

that's markedly terrible if you can't publish outside of steam. if you can publish on steam and on gog or your own site then it's acceptable, but if not fuck that
Come on guys, Valve will continue to allow free key generation. They can sell Steam keys of their game in any site without paying Valve a single cent.
But you can't sell it at lower price than on steam anywhere. (Applies to all games, thought, not just Source2). I believe this is recent change.
Thats only on early access games I believe.

Maniac

Banned
But you can't sell it at lower price than on steam anywhere. (Applies to all games, thought, not just Source2). I believe this is recent change.

Which, to be fair, is... Well, only fair. Every single physical retailer has that as a requirement, and they take a hefty cut plus the cost of physical production.
Come on guys, Valve will continue to allow free key generation. They can sell Steam keys of their game in any site without paying Valve a single cent.

Thats only on early access games I believe.

These are dark times, and paranoia is spreading like wildfire. rumours and fear of GFWL2 and the knowledge that Origin and uPlay is out there is driving us to the brink of madness!
Haptic pads look like they're made of foam... I'm sure they perform great though.

textured, durable rubber as far as I know. (A lot of the prototypes had a... Um, mix of rubber and... I don't remember the engrish name, polymer? Hmm)

Maniac

Banned
Doesn't make sense? You're telling me that from now on devs can't put their games on a sale in GMG\Amazon\Etc. without having to run the same discount on the Steam store?

They can. They just need to have the base-line be the same as Steam.

Like any other retailer would require. It makes sense.

dex3108

The price they have to pay for that price is far higher though.

Well, they have to have some sort of respite for living under Putin.

I live in shitty almost third world country that is divided into two entities, has three main nationalities that blame each other for all problems and many other issues with huge hardware and software costs . :D And i don't get anything for hat XD

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Doesn't make sense? You're telling me that from now on devs can't put their games on a sale in GMG\Amazon\Etc. without having to run the same discount on the Steam store?

HEre's an example:

$15 base price on Humble means $15 base price on Steam.

$10 sale price on Humble does not require $10 sale price on Steam.

$10 base price on Humble DOES require $10 base price on Steam, or $15 base price on Humble.

Dr Dogg

Urgh! Having to get up and yank my ethernet cable just to play Rev 2's Raid mode is starting to get a little tiring.

plus it looks INCREDIBLY cheap ... I mean just look at that pic I posted above

I do want to test one out with some keyboard and mouse centric games but the initial buzz I got from the first showing of the Controller is long since gone. Saying that my £30 WiiU Pro Controller looks flipping hideous with its all glossy top.

def sim

plus it looks INCREDIBLY cheap ... I mean just look at that pic I posted above

It does, doesn't it? I'm still curious as to how it works and feels with a variety of games, though. It's hard to knock a controller that's going for something different.

They have had some sort of controller revision for both the original xbox and the 360, so this wouldn't surprise me.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Urgh! Having to get up and yank my ethernet cable just to play Rev 2's Raid mode is starting to get a little tiring.

you can say that again :/ and since I'm super-lazy ... I only played the first level like 9274872834 times O_O

def sim

I'm guessing it'll just be the regular Xbone controller with more comfortable LB/RB buttons, tighter sticks, and a built in 3.5mm headphone jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom