• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Chinatown Wars wasn't bad.

Still not sure what to think of the Steam controller. Button placement is weird. What's with the cross indentation on the left trackpad?

Maniac

Banned
Chinatown Wars wasn't bad.

Still not sure what to think of the Steam controller. Button placement is weird. What's with the cross indentation on the left trackpad?

It doubles as a d-pad.

quick edit: And from the sounds of things, it doubles as a very competent dpad. The grooves are supposedly really nice, too. :p

Eternia

So, the Steampad uses AA batteries. I, for one, am thankful for that. Can't wait to pick one up coming November.
Good news. That along with the Xbox One wireless adapter announcement and it has been a great day from just those two pieces of news alone.

My first 100% on Steam!

7vS49i8.png

Phinor

Couple of Stardock announcements so far:

Servo from ex Ensemble Studios people, published by Stardock.
Ashes of the Singularity which is a huge scale RTS with thousands of units simultaneously. Developed by Oxide and Stardock, published by Stardock.

Need to dig deeper into both games but those are the links at least.

sprinkles

Episode 2 of Revelations 2 is really, really solid. Around 1 hour longer than the first one. Keeping good pace with the story developments. Introducing new mechanics.

This weekly format works well for episodic games. It's just like TV, the cliffhanger worked, I want to play the next episode NOW.

zkylon

zkylewd
Episode 2 of Revelations 2 is really, really solid. Around 1 hour longer than the first one. Keeping good pace with the story developments. Introducing new mechanics.

This weekly format works well for episodic games. It's just like TV, the cliffhanger worked, I want to play the next episode NOW.

wait is the second episode out already?

didn't the first one release this week -__-

Kiru

Finished Hotline Miami. Still only 14 out of 35 achievements... Guess I gotta collect those masks & see what this puzzle is about...

Corpekata

Banned

One episode a week. Not like a normal epsiodic game where they're making more stuff, it's all ready to go. Mainly a marketing thing, keep discussions going for a month.

sprinkles

One week ago today.

One episode a week. Not like a normal epsiodic game where they're making more stuff, it's all ready to go. Mainly a marketing thing, keep discussions going for a month.
And the way they structured the story it makes sense so far. I like the smallish, 2-3 hour long episodes so far, feels like a nice journey.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Weekly release, episodes release one week from each other. Supposed to be simulating a TV show. It sounds weird on paper, but with Raid Mode stuffing and a lot of unlockable modes for each episode (Invisible Enemy Mode, Countdown Challenge Mode) there's a lot of content in each episode, and the release keeps the game interesting and easier to dive more into all the unlockables.

And also yes, episode 2 was really good in my opinion. The boss fights in episode 2 may actually be some of the best in the series, had the right levels of "OH SHIT" moments, high tension, challenging (I played on Survival difficulty), and were varied, fun, and strategic. They also weren't overly cinematic to be dull fights, and relied on good design and pacing instead, so a huge plus. Also as two of the bosses appear not with cinematics, but just gameplay.

Revelations 2 I will admit, two episodes is, is coming out much better than I ever expected it too. If they can fix up some of the PC performance issues, then it'll be an easy recommendation.

Weekly release, episodes release one week from each other. Supposed to be simulating a TV show. It sounds weird on paper, but with Raid Mode stuffing and a lot of unlockable modes for each episode (Invisible Enemy Mode, Countdown Challenge Mode) there's a lot of content in each episode, and the release keeps the game interesting and easier to dive more into all the unlockables.

And also yes, episode 2 was really good in my opinion. The boss fights in episode 2 may actually be some of the best in the series, had the right levels of "OH SHIT" moments, high tension, challenging (I played on Survival difficulty), and were varied, fun, and strategic. They also weren't overly cinematic to be dull fights, and relied on good design and pacing instead, so a huge plus. Also as two of the bosses appear not with cinematics, but just gameplay.

Revelations 2 I will admit, two episodes is, is coming out much better than I ever expected it too. If they can fix up some of the PC performance issues, then it'll be an easy recommendation.

And then there's raid mode which has a ton of content and is a lot of fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's very interesting that they would go that route

it doesn't make much sense to me but it's a nice experiment i guess

Dr Dogg

I finished both of them in about 45 mins but they both felt longer than the Episode 1 chapters. Plus I've got my hooks into Raid mode now.

Backlogger

I see they took down the Steam Link store page, but at least I got it on my wishlist before they did. Anyone know if there is a store page for the controller yet?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm holding back really praising Resident Evil Revelations 2 until the whole thing is out and some of the PC performance issues are fixed, but I'll say this, there's a lot about it I wasn't expecting (they got Claire and Barry down perfectly and both are a joy, the story is a HUGE step-up from RE6/Revelations 1, I find the way you can change things between scenarios really interesting (in episode 2, there's an enemy you can defeat as Claire or not, if you don't defeat it though it'll show up in Barry's campaign further mutated, and in a much more minor way, picking up item as one character will not make it available for the other, etc.), Raid Mode is addicting.

Parsnip

My first 100% on Steam!

7vS49i8.png

Coincidentally I played all the Hexcells games through again during the last week or so.
Some of the later puzzles in Infinite are still really really really rough, god damn. I also realized that all the levels where I just keep staring at the puzzle and not seeing a way in, are the ones that require the remaining hex count to get started. My greatest weakness.

Also grabbed that last achievement for playing 60 random levels. That achievement has been bugging me for a long time but I just couldn't find the time to do it until now.

Lain

If you consider any of the pre PS4 DS's comfortable in any way your opinion is invalid. You may also be a mutant. Like that black dude from Total Recall. With the claws or whatever.

The Sixaxis I use on PC is pretty comfortable for me (it's the one I like the most too since it's lighter than the older Sony controllers) and so has been every Pre-PS4 pads I've used.

dot

I'm holding back really praising Resident Evil Revelations 2 until the whole thing is out and some of the PC performance issues are fixed, but I'll say this, there's a lot about it I wasn't expecting (they got Claire and Barry down perfectly and both are a joy, the story is a HUGE step-up from RE6/Revelations 1, I find the way you can change things between scenarios really interesting (in episode 2, there's an enemy you can defeat as Claire or not, if you don't defeat it though it'll show up in Barry's campaign further mutated, and in a much more minor way, picking up item as one character will not make it available for the other, etc.), Raid Mode is addicting.

Sounds good. I'll wait until a sale to get the whole thing.

Can i jump into this game without playing Revelations 1?

AHA-Lambda

Just done episode 2 of Resi Rev 2.

I am ashamed but I had to drop the difficulty at the end of Claire's section, I just didn't have the resources to deal with that boss V_V

Miguel81

The Sixaxis I use on PC is pretty comfortable for me (it's the one I like the most too since it's lighter than the older Sony controllers) and so has been every Pre-PS4 pads I've used.

I didn't fin the Sixaxis/DS3 to be particularly comfortable, but they are definitely serviceable. Very versatile controllers that work well for a wide range of genres.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just done episode 2 of Resi Rev 2.

I am ashamed but I had to drop the difficulty at the end of Claire's section, I just didn't have the resources to deal with that boss V_V

I play the series on easy difficulty usually, no shame. The boss was pretty dope though. They did a good job giving him a suitably epic entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom