• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

RaL1vXA.png

g7KI0XV.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
i have like the worst alcohol tolerance in the world

i've been drinking since i was like 14 and i still can't get like two beers before going super tipsy

also wth happened to this thread

also why cant i play eternity yet

the dlc is precisely what made me give up on the game. once I got to the palette swap boss that is blue smelter demon I realized this game was half-baked.

it's true there were some cool moments but when you take an elevator up from a murky swamp area into an area that is then somehow all castle and lava you know something wrong design-wise happened.
i mean that's kind of nitpicky and focusing on the less important issues of the game

the "multiplayer" bosses of the dlc were crap, sure

the world in dks2 makes no sense, sure

but those are lesser issues and mostly don't get in the way of enjoying the game

the bigger issues can get in the way, like the overall weak level design and the generally less interesting story and characters. in my case the game felt still really good, as the worst souls game is still a lot better than your average game, but you know, ymmv

POSTERS ARE STRANGE

Here's four pictures of posters you can discover in the first episode of Life is Strange: #1 #2 #3 #4

Each poster has words blacked out. What you need to pay close attention to are the words marked with the color purple. When you find the words "blacked out" with purple (can you say that?!) you need to take the first letter of each and form a name. (No need to consider the order the posters are listed in above. Letters of the name are scrambled.) Then you simply need to figure out the number of the room she resides in and turn it into a Roman numeral. That is your answer. Please ask if there's something that isn't clear to you.

In addition to the 24h raffle I'm going to be giving a copy of Pillars of Eternity to the person who is the fastest to discover the answer and PM'ing it to me. Instead of PoE you could always choose another sub-20€ game as your reward. P.S. I'm only going to pay this out after the raffle is finished to avoid overlapping.

oh no that is so complicated tho. I can tell you're digging this new modbot rule lol

Sendou

Oh yeah and if you happen to PM me answers I'm not going to confirm them to one way or another. Instead when I have got two right answers I'll just announce it generally that throwing more PM's at my way isn't going to do you any good.

rtcn63

You know what... it's still better than art/writing/etc. contests, which rely entirely on the contest giver's subjective opinion. That said, as much I love you guys for raffling off free shit- I hope this restrictive/complicated stuff doesn't ever become the norm.

Sendou

You know what... it's still better than art/writing/etc. contests, which rely entirely on the contest giver's subjective opinion. That said, as much I love you guys for raffling off free shit- I hope this restrictive/complicated stuff doesn't ever become the norm.

It will absolutely become the norm if I have any say in it. Lazy raffles are the worst.

Is it weird that I know where all of these are and that took the fun out of it for me, so I'm not even going to enter now? =p

I doubt anyone that played the game will have much troubles with them :p In general the point was just that you play the game before entering the raffle.

zkylon

zkylewd
i can't imagine life is strange working too well as a lets play

it's not like the writing is superb or the characters are super deep or anything, it's just the experience of personally experimenting with different choices thanks to the rewinding that makes that game interesting

Salsa

well great, my Steam 1mb/s issue gets fixed when I have to preload a game that doesnt come out till tomorrow

AYjbxER.png

still glad

header.jpg

I just finished Castle In the Darkness after 19 hours and I enjoyed it pretty much all the time I spent with the game. The controls are very simple, one button to jump and another one to attack/cast spell, and works very well for the game it's reward exploration with many secrets and easter-eggs hidden through all levels.
As one can notice the game has clearly been inspired by the 8bit era be it the visuals or the simple controls or even the stupid difficult platform sections, and hard platform sections is a thing that this game plenty to offer, spikes, traps, breakables platforms and many more are few of the obstacles you find on the game.

Though a small bug annoyed me, I finished the damn game collecting all the items, spells and killing all bosses and to my surprise I didn't got the best ending because the game shows that I'm at 99% completion, even though I checked a FAQ to make sure I wasn't missing any item, I even have the achievement about collecting all the items. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom