• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this made me more merry than it should, I'm sitting at work and thinking about my ultimate gear in Atelier Shallie, I had exactly the same thought as you: I have no time for this bullshit (work) (><)
in before someone says that we need help

I totally understand
I just watched a video explaining the Cipher build for PoE at work.... >_<

Lain

you are overreacting, you know that don't you?
not all people read the thread (some even OP), you just have to live with that like the rest of us ;)

I'm sure he's joking, though sometimes I wonder how many people enter the thread by clicking on the last page and how many do it by clicking on the yellow GAF logo.

Deitus

I'm sure he's joking, though sometimes I wonder how many people enter the thread by clicking on the last page and how many do it by clicking on the yellow GAF logo.

I always click on the GAF logo to pick up where I left off, but when I wake up and I'm 6 pages behind, I don't really have time to catch up, so I'll see if there was any meaningful response to the conversation that was going on before I left, and skip to the current page (or one before it).

I'm weirdly excited about Xenoblade port on the N3DS, which is about as niche a thing to be excited for as anything. So it fits perfectly here with steamgaf since i think it's kinda anime and has some waifus i think, never played it so i dont know.

Jawmuncher

I'm weirdly excited about Xenoblade port on the N3DS, which is about as niche a thing to be excited for as anything. So it fits perfectly here with steamgaf since i think it's kinda anime and has some waifus i think, never played it so i dont know.

It's decent. I sure didn't find it absolutely amazing like the rest of GAF did though.

Arthea

I'll let it slide this one time
(><)

it's OK, a tad too long for its own good and combat gets old fast. The world is nice, not sure 3DS is a way to experience that world, tho

Lain

I always click on the GAF logo to pick up where I left off, but when I wake up and I'm 6 pages behind, I don't really have time to catch up, so I'll see if there was any meaningful response to the conversation that was going on before I left, and skip to the current page (or one before it).

I skim here and there as well when there are too many pages, though these days I find it pretty manageable. The horror of going to sleep on the last page and waking up to 30-40 new pages is something I don't miss from the old threads.

madjoki

Woke up to see a bunch of people from SteamGAF won the PoE giveaways. Congrats everyone!

Missing 20 copy giveaway by a few minutes because I was at work somewhat sucks
Life's so unfair :(

Here's scrap for someone else who missed it. (or "missed", it's not like it can be checked).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-D3CF7CF7BA8ECEC6 - Taken by lindarasta. 7 entrants total.

t1427392349z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm excited too, and I've played through the original twice.

Also, PoE looks legit - congratulations to those that came out the other side of the Modbot Anon-gate alive and with a copy of the game.

It's decent. I sure didn't find it absolutely amazing like the rest of GAF did though.

I get the sense that it gets a lot of love because

A) last gen really didn't have any legit JRPGs of better-than-middling quality, especially when people like myself were playing FFXIII and wondering where the hell the open world went
B) it was all of that on the Wii, which left a lot to be desired if you were a hobbyist gamer.
C) it had an extremely tight print run and was only sold through one retailer.

so you add all those factors together, seems like a lot of the love it got was based on how rare a game like Xenoblade was, both as far as gameplay design and actually finding a physical copy of the game are concerned.

Tizoc

Hasn't this been up for a while now?

I'm gonna visit my usual shop and ask him to get me the white Xenoblade N3DS bundle, it is the one game I want to get an N3DS for :p

mY list of missing/must have 3DS games so far include
LoZ: MM remake
Whatever that last Prof. Layton game is
Codename STEAM

Arthea

I'm excited too, and I've played through the original twice.

Also, PoE looks legit - congratulations to those that came out the other side of the Modbot Anon-gate alive and with a copy of the game.

twice! That's some dedication
I was bored out of my mind by the end first time
I did mistake of trying to do all sidequests, which never should be tried in Xenoblade, these are just horrid, most of them anyway, shallow combat doesn't help either.

Dr Dogg

I'm more excited for my Xenoblade N3DS Cover Plates than the port. Now how can I worm my way out of work an hour and a half early?

Forgot I had this, it's no PoE but maybe someone wants it, it has waifus...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-7B3E841CE89B6C3A

Maniac

Banned
Is anyone really asking for more licensed MOBAs?

All the "suits" that see the money LoL & Dota 2 is raking in.

Too bad they wouldn't know good gameplay and inoffensive monetisation if it was thrust in all of their orifices.
I played the beta for about 3 months. Its terrible. Even if you like MOBA's its terrible. Its got DC heroes that are reasonably detailed and thats about it going for it.

To be fair, most MOBAs are terrible, even for people that like MOBAs. There are so few that get it right.

Also why are we still using MOBA as a terminology for a genre? ;_;

Okay, so hypothetically, if I've never played a wrpg or crpg before, how lost would I be in Pillars of Eternity

i dunno, depends on how well the game handles it tutorials really. My first experience was with KOTOR on the xbox and, really, that was like the perfect introduction to the BG/Infinity engine style of wrpgs since it had a great story and worked well on a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom