• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Resident Evil 6 again. After getting (all?) of Chris' weapons, one ammo stack for each, I barely have enough room to pick up herbs, let alone combine them. Since you can't store items a la RE5, nor drop them temporarily.... you know, I think the low scores at launch were warranted. Maybe not a 3.5/10, but I wouldn't give it more than 6 for the campaign. So many designs step-backs.

I died a lot during the Star Fox section, dark, kept crashing into things.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I3lVbc2.gif

Parsnip

Huh? So what witchcraft is this?

Shouldn't be anything different than your setup. Latest Nvidia drivers (347.88), Windows 8.1 up to date as of this morning, latest Steam beta client and global scaling settings at 100%. Only difference maybe native monitor resolution as I've got a 1920x1080 panel hooked up at the moment but I just swapped back to a 2560x1440 one and that behaves the same as well. Doing nothing more than resizing with DSR.

Well fuck me a 4k monitor might be back on he cards sooner than I thought.

Mine still gets tiny as well at 4K I'm on Win7 though, no clue if that makes a difference.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Remember that time I didn't have a Saoirse avatar?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-F45DB8D896907EDF - Taken by Se7enSword Trivia Question: Prior to a certain Irish actress my avatar of choice featured which David Lynch character?
t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-8ABD3D936F082A8E - Taken by chronomac Trivia Question: Prior to a certain Irish actress my avatar of choice featured which David Lynch character?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All these Pillars giveaways with trivia... What happened to the simpler times when they were all just anonymous Modbot mystery garbage dump giveaways?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Huh? So what witchcraft is this?

Shouldn't be anything different than your setup. Latest Nvidia drivers (347.88), Windows 8.1 up to date as of this morning, latest Steam beta client and global scaling settings at 100%. Only difference maybe native monitor resolution as I've got a 1920x1080 panel hooked up at the moment but I just swapped back to a 2560x1440 one and that behaves the same as well. Doing nothing more than resizing with DSR.

My setup is the same as yours barring the drivers (2 revisions back out of laziness). I'm jealous.

JaseC

Dammit, I forgot to type tyhe answer, accidentally pressed enter. T_T

EDIT: Huh?!

It'd be hilarious if my intended answer is just blank, but as drunk as I am I triple-checked to make sure I got the format right... so everything should be in order.

Subject16

POSTERS ARE STRANGE

Here's four pictures of posters you can discover in the first episode of Life is Strange: #1 #2 #3 #4

Each poster has words blacked out. What you need to pay close attention to are the words marked with the color purple. When you find the words "blacked out" with purple (can you say that?!) you need to take the first letter of each and form a name. (No need to consider the order the posters are listed in above. Letters of the name are scrambled.) Then you simply need to figure out the number of the room she resides in and turn it into a Roman numeral. That is your answer. Please ask if there's something that isn't clear to you.

In addition to the 24h raffle I'm going to be giving a copy of Pillars of Eternity to the person who is the fastest to discover the answer and PM'ing it to me. Instead of PoE you could always choose another sub-20€ game as your reward. P.S. I'm only going to pay this out after the raffle is finished to avoid overlapping.
Hope I did this right!

JaseC

All these Pillars giveaways with trivia... What happened to the simpler times when they were all just anonymous Modbot mystery garbage dump giveaways?

That's no fun! My original question was exponentially more obscure and I decided against it after I couldn't dig up the answer via Google.

iosefe

That's no fun! My original question was exponentially more obscure and I decided against it after I couldn't dig up the answer via Google.

so did you goof on one of em and leave it blank? honestly that would have been the most ironic/convenient happenstance for Se7enSword

Dr Dogg

Oh awesome, maybe now it won't be so tiny on my SP3.

Well just tested with both the automatic scaling slider and manual DPI adjustments and it scales fine with both. Granted doesn't appear to be using direct type/write as the fonts are ewwww but hey it looks like progress. Oddly it doesn't work on my Surface Pro. Grabbed the latest Intel drivers and Windows is up to date as is Steam but it's still teeny on there.

Mine still gets tiny as well at 4K I'm on Win7 though, no clue if that makes a difference.

Windows 7 is horrible in how it handles large resolutions and scaling. Granted 8/8.1/10 still need input from 3rd party application developers in how their application is handled (Adobe's CS has always been awful but CC got some great scaling tools recently).

My setup is the same as yours barring the drivers (2 revisions back out of laziness). I'm jealous.

I have no idea how this has happened but it didn't work this way for me about a month ago and drivers are the only thing that's changed my end.

JaseC

so did you goof on one of em and leave it blank? honestly that would have been the most ironic/convenient happenstance for Se7enSword

Both lines are perfectly aligned until the key, so unless I'm misreading one of them he shouldn't have been able to get the answer by, uh, not giving it.

rtcn63

I'm gonna admit it- as much I've tried to get into Twin Peaks, it just doesn't do it for me. And I normally like these macabre, off-beat sort of things. Maybe if I was a child of the times, and went in completely unaware of the show and its world.

But no, I don't think I'll ever finish the first season.

EDIT: Was it Dale? That's who I used as my initial random guess. Like, everyone has had him as their avatar at some point.

Who wants some POE?

Poe_-_Hello.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-3F6E7523A23AF574 - Taken by titch. 28 entrants total.

t1427413290z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom