• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What was the answer?

Dale Cooper. Prior to happening upon this interview when it aired on actual TV here (there was a YouTube version, but it was taken down just last year because ContentID) my avatar was of Cooper giving the thumbs up. I hemmed and hawed a bit over which name to use (Agent or Dale) but ultimately settled on using his actual name as opposed to his professional one.

rtcn63

Dale Cooper. Prior to happening upon this interview when it aired on actual TV here (there was a YouTube version, but it was taken down just last year because ContentID) my avatar was of Cooper giving the thumbs up. I hemmed and hawed a bit over which name to use (Agent or Dale) but ultimately settled on using his actual name as opposed to his professional one.

Damn. This is what I had, guess I was just wasn't fast enough.

Pillars of Eternity -- MB-8ABD3D936F082A8E Dale Cooper

(Please tell that's the correct format)

FLD

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but apparently the RE5 DLC is meant to be discounted for those who already own the game. It seems the discount just isn't live yet.

Would certainly be nice if true. So you might wanna hold off a bit if you're planning on buying it.

iosefe

Who wants some POE?

Poe_-_Hello.jpg

130_eapoe.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Maybe Arkham Origins just made me quite good at the Batman games, but damn Arkham Asylum is a breeze on hard. I remember struggling with it so much back in the day.

Sajjaja

With all this Twin Peaks talk, I'm curious. I've always wanted to watch the show but I've held off because I havent finished Deadly Premonition as I heard it's pretty much the game of it.

How true is that? Will either be spoiled by indulging in the other?

rtcn63

With all this Twin Peaks talk, I'm curious. I've always wanted to watch the show but I've held off because I havent finished Deadly Premonition as I heard it's pretty much the game of it.

Not really. the show has an an ensemble cast that makes the scant few in DP look sane. Just be aware that both protagonists really enjoy coffee.

rtcn63

I need to rewatch Mulholland Drive. Don't think I *got* most if it when I watched years and years ago.

EDIT: gif was annoyingly big

zkylon

zkylewd

they have a similar style but it won't spoil you of anything and having watched twin peaks first just makes deadly premonition even better

I need to rewatch Mulholland Drive. Don't think I *got* most if it when I watched years and years ago.
mulholland drive is pretty understandable, tho, you should be ok

i need to rewatch lost highway tho, that one's tough

and i need to forever forget about inland empire

shitty gif
rip my internet

Sendou

Just finished Game of Thrones Episode 3 and it's ridiculous how stale it's in comparision to Life is Strange. Dontnod pretty much does everything better than Telltale at this point. Be it actual gameplay, graphics, soundtrack, story, choices, you name it. At least I didn't have bugs this time but it's pretty telling that this has become a feature when playing Telltale Games.

Lame attempt to cash-in the shows success.

zkylon

zkylewd
That went way over my head, I struggled to pay attention. I remember voyeurism and rabbit people.
it's the first david lynch movie i watched, i'm surprised i felt like watching another one

a friend of mine was like "u have to watch this" and let me borrow it. what a fucking mistake lol

next time guy was like i have these for you and he handed me antichrist and enter the void

never again...

JaseC

Damn. This is what I had, guess I was just wasn't fast enough.

Pillars of Eternity -- MB-8ABD3D936F082A8E Dale Cooper

(Please tell that's the correct format)

The log's confusing. It starts off by listing you as the first submission but complaining about a second entry, at which point it moves to chronomac's submission and does the same thing before ultimately awarding him the key. I'm not sure what happened -- I assume you two should have been ineligible, in which case iosefe should have won.

iosefe

The log's confusing. It starts off by listing you as the first submission but complaining about a second entry, at which point it moves to chronomac's submission and does the same thing before ultimately awarding him the key. I'm not sure what happened -- I assume you two should have been ineligible, in which case iosefe should have won.

D:

chronomac

I submitted more than one, because I thought I screwed up. Is there a timeout period for that kind of thing?

rtcn63

Fuck, I made a second entry later on with Audrey Horne. (EDIT: The second one was sent five minutes after the first, so did the original just get ignored?) I didn't know it would've disqualified me, since normal raffles only count the first one or something. Or not.

Oh well, such is life.

You guys like Terry Gilliam? Brazil was good. Couldn't get past the beginning of Fear and Loathing, though I don't do hard drugs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Okay, how about Dinner Date?

It's supposed to be really bad and it's pretty cheap.

It's also on your wishlist apparently, so there's that too.
it's not actually a bad game, tbh, it's just really pretentious

i think it's a fairly decent representation of the pre-date anxieties and generally the crushing feeling of being stood up and it's short enough that it's harmless

could be much much worse

i think people hated it because the concept is so ridiculously pretentious, but it's not really a fault of the game i'd say. it is a pretty silly concept for a game tho

Fuck, I made a second entry later on with Audrey Horne. (EDIT the second one was sent five minutes after the first) I didn't know it would've disqualified me, since normal raffles only count the first one or something. Or not.

Oh well, such is life.

You guys like Terry Gilliam? Brazil was good. Couldn't get past the beginning of Fear and Loathing, though I don't do hard drugs.
i fell asleep during tideland lol

i was really sleepy that day

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Honestly, Mulholland Drive is what I recommend first to those new to Lynch who I think are looking for less of his comedic side. It's his most realized film imo, still plenty of questions that need answering while being easier to follow. It's like he took a look at what he did with Lost Highway and decided to cut back some of the obtuse elements.

Twin Peaks is like the after dinner mint for those people. Dark and mysterious like a good chocolate, but sweet enough where it isn't just a fist full of dirt in your mouth. At least until James Hurley takes the stage. Then it's a fistfull of shit.

next time guy was like i have these for you and he handed me antichrist and enter the void

never again...

I kinda liked Melancholia but I feel like anyone who suggests you watch a Lars von Trier movie hates you and wants you to suffer. Especially when the first choice is Antichrist haha

Jawmuncher

i think it's a fairly decent representation of the pre-date anxieties and generally the crushing feeling of being stood up and it's short enough that it's harmless

could be much much worse

Nah it was pretty bad. Dude wasn't anxious he was a sleaze ball.
Plus the gameplay was laughable. Literally just mash buttons to proceed.
My life was wasted playing that game.

JaseC

I submitted more than one, because I thought I screwed up. Is there a timeout period for that kind of thing?

I wondered that myself, but both you and Kirosia submitted Dale Cooper as your first (or maybe second) answer:

Here are all ModBot logs from this calendar week related to your audit:
26 16:28:30 GA: Queueing Claims: Trivia answer dalecooper for 8ABD3D936F082A8E from Kirosia
26 16:28:30 GA: Queueing Claims: Double-entry busted; previously won in this giveaway or entered twice: Kirosia (8ABD3D936F082A8E)
26 16:29:30 GA: Queueing Claims: Trivia answer dalecooper for 8ABD3D936F082A8E from chronomac
26 16:29:30 GA: Queueing Claims: Double-entry busted; previously won in this giveaway or entered twice: chronomac (8ABD3D936F082A8E)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jase's giveaway allowed me to find a bug in trivia questions which I have fixed, but the bug should not have impacted who didn't win, but would have allowed illegitimate winners in very certain circumstances (a certain pattern would have led to users being able to win without answering correctly). I can't tell for sure that it affects any past giveaways because the logs don't cover the exact bug I fixed.

The thing with Kirosia and chronomac I think may be a case of the users submitting two answers and by the time ModBot processed the first answer, they had already submitted the second answer and it possibly disqualified both? This doesn't normally disqualify people for conventional raffles, but the trivia processing code might be different. Hard to be 100% sure without a further look through the logs and the code.

Also worth noting at this juncture that a number of Steam thread users (incl/ jshackles and Jase and I believe Dusk Golem) can audit modbot giveaways to verify what goes on in any individual giveaway draw so if I'm not around and something is confusing you you can ask in thread and get help from them.

rtcn63

For the record- do PMs sent for the giveaway get processed right away, or is there a time limit before all the sent entries are checked? I'm asking because my second entry was four minutes (just looked again) after the first (which was the right one). Just want to be sure so as not to do it again.

EDIT: Or I could just not send more than one PM.

zkylon

zkylewd
be real stump

your web of lies of redirecting keys to your swiss bank account is finally out in the open

you'd think nobody knew but you can always count on people's clumsiness when doing simple private messaging

the truth will come out

Honestly, Mulholland Drive is what I recommend first to those new to Lynch who I think are looking for less of his comedic side. It's his most realized film imo, still plenty of questions that need answering while being easier to follow. It's like he took a look at what he did with Lost Highway and decided to cut back some of the obtuse elements.
i like blue velvet the best but that might be just the nude kyle mclahlan

Twin Peaks is like the after dinner mint for those people. Dark and mysterious like a good chocolate, but sweet enough where it isn't just a fist full of dirt in your mouth. At least until James Hurley takes the stage. Then it's a fistfull of shit.
twin peaks is like a fun cookie

it's goofy and delicious

metaphores!

I kinda liked Melancholia but I feel like anyone who suggests you watch a Lars von Trier movie hates you and wants you to suffer. Especially when the first choice is Antichrist haha
i mean that friend of mine's goal in life was basically getting me wasted and introducing me to weird shit so he was just doing his job

and i actually adore melancholia and obsessed for a year about it in my film class

most i've dedicated to a single movie in my life

Nah it was pretty bad. Dude wasn't anxious he was a sleaze ball.
Plus the gameplay was laughable. Literally just mash buttons to proceed.
My life was wasted playing that game.
i mean, i don't disagree with what you're saying, but it's a 15 minute thing that might be not be good but it's hardly as bad as its made to be

Intel

Hello i'm new :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To the Moon -- MB-A4BCD3D6FBBF7F87
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-B84B14405FAD26AD - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-284131F1504B8B25 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-011C6CF302FB5587 - Taken by Shalashaska. 19 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-2D50C07BF465D690 - Taken by Akuosa. 6 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-51F68A18BAF20CCA - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-AE4CBDF0FE90CE14 - Taken by Oreoleo. 6 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-F50728D6DFD79812 - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.

t1427491410z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For the record- do PMs sent for the giveaway get processed right away, or is there a time limit before all the sent entries are checked? I'm asking because my second entry was four minutes (just checked again) after the first (which was the right one). Just want to be sure so as not to do it again.

Normally they get processed right away, I'd have to look with more detail about this case, but I mean I guess the correct thing is just to enter only once for a given game.

My reward for finally grabbing that achievement is a New Game+ run of Arkham Origins. Just did the intro and sweet baby jesus this intro is still dope as hell.
I've been thinking of playing through Origins again. It's a really good game. Never really understood the criticism it gets on the internet. It probably has the best art direction of 3 games. The only real problem i have with is that the city and that damned bridge.

could be much much worse

i think people hated it because the concept is so ridiculously pretentious, but it's not really a fault of the game i'd say. it is a pretty silly concept for a game tho

i fell asleep during tideland lol

i was really sleepy that day

I love Gilliam's work, but I didn't like Tideland.

Looks like WotS 4 is listed as "new release" by mistake, because nothing has happened and it's been like that for hours :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom