• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In light of recent business models, I think there will be DLC for ModBot

$2.99 for all Warren all the time
$4.99 for personalized ALERT text messages any time someone raffles Bad Rats
$24.99 for alternate ModBot costumes
$99.99 for 100,000 BotBux

ModBot does not accept BotBux.
JLH347p.jpg

I'm getting worried about that Be Mine bundle, one confirmed game and as far as I know no other games even hinted at. Doesn't strike me as a good sign.

mrgone

Could be a little cheaper but it isn't terrible imo. Then again it's the exact pricing I was expecting all this time.

Wow, even for people who already own the season pass? $20 to rebuy all the content you already own, but slightly prettier and with a little extra thrown in doesn't seem good at all. We all expected it to be bad news, but it still sucks.

And keep in mind that they're fragmenting the player base on PC by making the two versions incompatible online. If I'm reading the chart correctly it also means you can't use your old characters in the DX11 version, either (hopefully this is a security thing). It's being handled poorly, I think. Even for Namco.

I'm getting worried about that Be Mine bundle, one confirmed game and as far as I know no other games even hinted at. Doesn't strike me as a good sign.

Be Mines are always the best ones I would bite the bullet on this personally. There other random MIX bundles are usually horrible like 2 crappy games and 2 albums no one wants

I did preorder, but I've found the recent Be Mines to be pretty hit or miss personally. I thought 17 was pretty good, but I didn't like 15 or 16. The only confirmed game for 18 doesn't really look that interesting to me, so that's not helping any.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow, even for people who already own the season pass? $20 to rebuy all the content you already own, but slightly prettier and with a little extra thrown in doesn't seem good at all. We all expected it to be bad news, but it still sucks.

And keep in mind that they're fragmenting the player base on PC by making the two versions incompatible online. If I'm reading the chart correctly it also means you can't use your old characters in the DX11 version, either (hopefully this is a security thing). It's being handled poorly, I think. Even for Namco.

yup, fragmenting the playerbase, charging ppl for fixing their downgraded game, pretty bad shit

hope the enemy placement stuff is really good at least

MUnited83

For you.
yup, fragmenting the playerbase, charging ppl for fixing their downgraded game, pretty bad shit

hope the enemy placement stuff is really good at least

... they ain't fixing the downgrade. The old lightning ain't coming. It will look marginally better.

zkylon

zkylewd
super off topic so don't pay me attention since it's def the wrong place to ask (but one of the few i roam here in neogaf) but does someone have any simple exercising advice for someone that hasn't done any exercise in years, can't like run a block without getting pretty exhausted, doesn't want to spend money on a gym and has to like punch new holes in my belts cos i'm getting skinnier every year? is that too broad of a question? i kinda wanna go jogging but i get tired too easily :/

... they ain't fixing the downgrade. The old lightning ain't coming. It will look marginally better.
yea i suppose

don't really care about that, only thing i care about is enemy placement but not enough to pay 20 bucks since it's still the same level design and still the same bosses and still the same characters :I

ArynCrinn

Banned
Love how the DSII re-release is coming, just one more slight on Namco as a company and the utter incompetence of Fromsoft's B-Team undimmed for all to see. Nothing in this is actually fixing ANY of the real core mechanics issues the game has, and it's just laughable at what they consider a "gfx upgrade" and remixed enemies and item places with aggression mode tacked on as a reasonable product to push for $20. But I guess for the folks we're talking about, ya' gotta peddle whatever you have, right?

In any case, where's the US Steam Store page for this, DLC "re-release" on Steam?

Miguel81

ExoSoul and I finally finished our Double Dragon achievement run in DDNeon. Level 9 was brutal, but after that bump and a random connection issue, it was nothing we couldn't handle. Had a lot of fun, and Exo is a nice guy. He got the better ending, too lol.

Ozium

super off topic so don't pay me attention since it's def the wrong place to ask (but one of the few i roam here in neogaf) but does someone have any simple exercising advice for someone that hasn't done any exercise in years, can't like run a block without getting pretty exhausted, doesn't want to spend money on a gym and has to like punch new holes in my belts cos i'm getting skinnier every year? is that too broad of a question? i kinda wanna go jogging but i get tired too easily :/

Wii Fit

Swimming, very "scalable".

Jesus christ Metro: Last Light on Ranger Hardcore mode is fucking intense. Im constantly uttering "ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck" as I make my way through the levels. I went through the marshes with no medkits and practically no filters. Its so damn well done though. The stealth doesn't really feel tacked on either which is nice. Such a redefinition of what an FPS can be

Badminton!
You can play in your yards or streets. It's my only sport activity for years.

Anteater

Badminton!

yeah I play this every saturday

probably need a few people though

for jogging you just need to start, you don't have to push yourself to run a lot when you start, just jog and walk and make a habit of it, it's pretty boring though.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol

does this work?

might be a good excuse to buy a wii actually

Swimming, very "scalable".
i kinda want to do something that i don't have to spend money on and i hate the swimming pool that's close to my apartment anyways

i miss swimming tho, it's been like years

Badminton!
you need people for that

and like lack of physical awkwardness which is a trait i sadly do not posses

for jogging you just need to start, you don't have to push yourself to run a lot when you start, just jog and walk and make a habit of it, it's pretty boring though.
i always liked jogging but i lost my form like really bad from years of not doing anything

i should probably just run around the park two blocks from my place but it's hard to start cos my body is kind of terrible right now

you need people for that

and like lack of physical awkwardness which is a trait i sadly do not posses

I regularly play with my wife only, sometimes with my neighbor. Just play slowly, you don't even need to move around that much if your partner's accuracy is good enough.

But yeah, jogging is basically the most simple sport to do, besides walking. Start with walking, then jogging.

Miguel81

Well, my RE5 CD key is no longer viewable on the Steam page or mentioned in-game. It's been a long time coming, but damn it feels good to have Steamworks.

Shadow Warrior is too fucking long, I want to play PoE >_<

Rhaknar's stream of that game was absolutely hilarious. Made me pick it up during the Humble Store sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How much is it on Japanese Steam and who can help in getting it from there?

Approx. $8.70 and I don't know. ;) It's only slightly more expensive on Steam NO, though (~$8.87), and I believe fantomena can help you there.

tmarg

If I was thinking about buying Dawn of War II, is there anything in the "Grand Master" version worth paying the extra for? There's about 8000 pieces of DLC for that thing, and I have no idea what any of them actually are.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If I was thinking about buying Dawn of War II, is there anything in the "Grand Master" version worth paying the extra for? There's about 8000 pieces of DLC for that thing, and I have no idea what any of them actually are.

Nope, it's all cosmetic multiplayer DLC for the versus and horde modes.

These are all you need if you just want the story campaigns.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II

Dr Dogg

I'm going to have to buy Life is Strange aren't I? I don't think my waiting until all the episodes are out are going to fly not getting spoilered.

Also good to see From/Bamco are still confusing the shit out of people with this DX9 and DX11 'version' bollocks. Just call the updated version Scholars of the First Sin and refer to the inital release as the Legacy Edition so it sounds fancy enough not to piss folks off for effectively selling you the same shit twice.

And in closing after FIFA's Ultimate Team mode Mass Effect 3 had the first steps in the waters of addictive trading card pack binges in less a traditional setting. See as new characters as well as weapons and skills including single use consumables and upgrades were in those packs the ones gathered in game were highly tipped against the odds of getting something decent. Of course if you ponied up the dough for the fancy pants Premium Packs which were about a couple of quid for a few items (well you could also use an obscene amount of in game currency too) then your luck considerably changed. There was even a psychological element to the as they opened and spilled out their goodies. Garden Warfare goes one step further by having a sticker album of sorts and they really get my compulsive urges going seeing blank spaces.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm going to have to buy Life is Strange aren't I? I don't think my waiting until all the episodes are out are going to fly not getting spoilered.

yes .... there's just no other way :)

besides - you're not really risking much ;)

tmarg

And in closing after FIFA's Ultimate Team mode Mass Effect 3 had the first steps in the waters of addictive trading card pack binges in less a traditional setting. See as new characters as well as weapons and skills including single use consumables and upgrades were in those packs the ones gathered in game were highly tipped against the odds of getting something decent. Of course if you ponied up the dough for the fancy pants Premium Packs which were about a couple of quid for a few items (well you could also use an obscene amount of in game currency too) then your luck considerably changed. There was even a psychological element to the as they opened and spilled out their goodies. Garden Warfare goes one step further by having a sticker album of sorts and they really get my compulsive urges going seeing blank spaces.

I've honestly just stopped paying attention to EA for the most part, and I'm pretty sure I'm happier for it. There are better games out there, and I generally don't feel taken advantage of after playing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom