• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

yes .... there's just no other way :)

besides - you're not really risking much ;)

I bought it in the first week but i am waiting at least until episode 4 to play it :D

It's just everywhere I go Life is Strange pops up. I swear a couple of peeps were chatting about it at work and I had to trot away, fingers in ears, chanting 'Lalalalala' to myself.

I've honestly just stopped paying attention to EA for the most part, and I'm pretty sure I'm happier for it. There are better games out there, and I generally don't feel taken advantage of after playing them.

Stump said it best with EA realising gating off access to multiplayer with passes gives you a smaller user base to foist microtransactions on. Ultimate Team was introduced in FIFA in 09 and it's completely unbalanced for the new comer that you literally have to spend money either on card packs or the in game trading market if you want to be competitive. It probably made EA an obscene amount of money alone. Garden Warfare being free to PS4 owners at Chrimbo seemed more like a trojan horse that an act of kindness.

ViviOggi

Time to check GA-

PligS7M.gif

eGML8Ap.png

PligS7M.gif

Sendou you're the best you know that right?

Anyone know if we will get other Lucasarts/Disney games on Steam anytime soon. GOG probably has some kind of exclusive on them? I need my Zak McKracken on Steam.

Trolling to prevent people from getting PoE giveaways that have the one-game-per-day limit

I guess some things on the Internet never change, no matter where you are.

In the meantime, I think it might be a good idea for me to bump up my...thing that has a bit over one hour remaining.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Noivern, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-2744B94C7D8A386E - Taken by FloatingDivider. 1 entrants total.
Please do not claim this one if you do not have the base game
Medal of Honor -- MB-CAA3545BA9EA4857 - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-9A2E8516119DD7F8 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-3C425138DE33DF1A - Taken by Naked Snake. 11 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-C310E361D92766E7 - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.

t1427447369z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
so, moving forward on my kyaa kyaa adventures i've gotten a few hours in recettear

this game is too moe for me to handle, and it's also pretty darn awesome. i remembered liking it on the first time so not a big surprise, i just hope the lessons learned mean i won't have to start over a few times

what's carpe fulgur working on now?

I'm going to have to buy Life is Strange aren't I? I don't think my waiting until all the episodes are out are going to fly not getting spoilered.

Also good to see From/Bamco are still confusing the shit out of people with this DX9 and DX11 'version' bollocks. Just call the updated version Scholars of the First Sin and refer to the inital release as the Legacy Edition so it sounds fancy enough not to piss folks off for effectively selling you the same shit twice.

And in closing after FIFA's Ultimate Team mode Mass Effect 3 had the first steps in the waters of addictive trading card pack binges in less a traditional setting. See as new characters as well as weapons and skills including single use consumables and upgrades were in those packs the ones gathered in game were highly tipped against the odds of getting something decent. Of course if you ponied up the dough for the fancy pants Premium Packs which were about a couple of quid for a few items (well you could also use an obscene amount of in game currency too) then your luck considerably changed. There was even a psychological element to the as they opened and spilled out their goodies. Garden Warfare goes one step further by having a sticker album of sorts and they really get my compulsive urges going seeing blank spaces.

that would still be confusing as the scholar of the first sin content is free for the dx9 edition too

bamco handled this so fucking poorly

unsurprising, considering dks1

Arthea

what zky did this time to get that tag?

should I go check what was up while I slept?
Seems like I still shouldn't, just a gut feeling

please kindly tell me if anything of note happened, OK?

Sendou

So the right answer to Posters are Strange was CCXIX. That's the Roman numeral for 219. Posters without black bars over them: #1 #2 #3 #4. Take the initials of "ass", "Seattle", "London" and "information" and reorder them and you get "LISA". So who is Lisa? She's actually Max's houseplant and so it happens that she also shares the room with her. Looking at the list of room's in Prescott Dormitory you see that there's two girls whose name consists of four letters but if you just took your chance guessing like that then this time it was in vain. So congratulations to AHA-Lambda for being the fastest and ViviOggi for being the luckiest. I'll be sending out the keys now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
See! Look at the post above you! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

just get it over with ... buy it, play it ... and have a great deal of fun :) it's an exceptional game ... and just those 2 episodes shit on pretty much everything Telltale made ... ever ;)

Arthea

it was a set up, i swear!

no worries, it's strangely fitting and not so offensive, you'll live (><)
so what have you done?

See! Look at the post above you! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Life is indeed strange, isn't it?

just get it over with ... buy it, play it ... and have a great deal of fun :) it's an exceptional game ... and just those 2 episodes shit on pretty much everything Telltale made ... ever ;)
why would you say that... I still have bunch of Telltale games to finish and it's not an easy task to force myself, why would you make it even harder?
Also life is surely stra not fair

Sendou

Oceanhorn just got a "Major Performance Update!"

Many of you didn't have any problems running the game, but it was evident that we should investigate the game's performance just a little bit deeper. We found some low-level problems in our platform that were causing all kinds of anomalies with performance. Good news is that we were able to fix the problems immediately and we are happy to announce that we are releasing a major performance update today, which will boost the performance on all of your PCs!

It's time to kick back and enjoy some ocean breeze with Oceanhorn, because there is no more sluggish menus or framerate dips on your high-end or middle-end hardware!

In the features department, we added the much asked Graphics Settings to the main menu!

Cornfox out! o/

Version 3.0.41.118. Maintenance Update 2.
* Major performance optimizations.
* Graphics settings now available on the title screen.
* Fixed a bug that made it impossible to reach the other part of Arcadia by swimming.
* Fixed and emphasized the usage of normal maps.
* Fixed fishing with mouse.
* Fixed character coloring when unfreezing.
* Reflective pass now correclty uses the current frame shadow maps.

Whelan

Banned
Haven't seen this posted in a while...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Whelan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

System Shock 2 -- MB-F0908815920F9574 - Taken by dex3108

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for System Shock 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom