• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

just a quick reminder for those who might have missed it earlier:

Eww, configuration tools. I know it shouldn't be a big deal but I really hate when I have to restart a game in order to make changes. I could still live with that though but no customization options for keyboard controls is actually a pretty big issue to me. Sure there will be ways around this, but it is still not something that makes me look forward to the game. But oh well, without the online mode I have no reason to buy it anyway so I will wait and see if they are able to improve the PC version until then.

Who plays fighting games with keyboards tho?
jayzyikes.gif

I do. Its much better than your average gamepad for sure (except for moves that require full circles as inputs).

If button mashing i guess it works but for full inputs I cant do keyboard and cramps my hands easily for most of the part.

Well I wasn't button mashing, I was actually trying (and you can't beat Shao Kahn just button mashing - you need a specific routine to out-cheese him.) As for hand cramps, I use a Wave keyboard - while it's probably not as ergonomic as those split keyboards, it's pretty comfortable.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well I wasn't button mashing, I was actually trying (and you can't beat Shao Kahn just button mashing - you need a specific routine to out-cheese him.) As for hand cramps, I use a Wave keyboard - while it's probably not as ergonomic as those split keyboards, it's pretty comfortable.

Shao Kahn in story mode isnt hard and easy to cheese out. On the tower challenge is another story. Didnt finish it on the PC version cause Mileena's outfit aint worth it anyway.

shockdude

I'd use a keyboard for fighting games if my keyboard didn't have ghosting issues.
But back when I messed around with DOA Core Fighters on PS3, there was a command throw which has an input like 9137T; how the heck would you do that on a keyboard?

Vazra

I'd use a keyboard for fighting games if my keyboard didn't have ghosting issues.
But back when I messed around with DOA Core Fighters on PS3, there was a command throw which has an input like 9137T; how the heck would you do that on a keyboard?

Some of the commands on DOA are complicated to do right on keyboard. Try doing Hayabusa Izuna drop on Keyboard.
gRDQx.jpg

MadGear

If button mashing i guess it works but for full inputs I cant do keyboard and cramps my hands easily for most of the part.

Sure, it doesn't work for everyone but it does work really well for me and others. Maybe its just something you have to get used to and for almost all fighters I have played so far the default button mappings didn't work for me at all. So thats something you need to look into as well and its really sad that DoA5 won't provide any options for this.
But the biggest issue with playing fighters on keyboards is ghosting. With my old Sidewinder X6 keyboard some 3-button combinations caused ghosting (you can test this here), so your inputs wouldn't do anything at all with these buttons pressed at the same time. With a keyboard like that playing fighters might be challenging or even impossible.

shockdude

Some of the commands on DOA are complicated to do right on keyboard. Try doing Hayabusa Izuna drop on Keyboard.
gRDQx.jpg
How about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCiSbf1L0eQ
5P18g6U.png

Sure, it doesn't work for everyone but it does work really well for me and others. Maybe its just something you have to get used to and for almost all fighters I have played so far the default button mappings didn't work for me at all. So thats something you need to look into as well and its really sad that DoA5 won't provide any options for this.
But the biggest issue with playing fighters on keyboards is ghosting. With my old Sidewinder X6 keyboard some 3-button combinations caused ghosting (you can test this here), so your inputs wouldn't do anything at all with these buttons pressed at the same time. With a keyboard like that playing fighters might be challenging or even impossible.

AutoHotKey is a really good solution for keyboard remapping. Mapping arrow keys to ESDF and "face buttons" to JKL works for everything from shmups to platformers.

Jawmuncher

Any news about Gurumin free keys?
I'm reading community hub and, despite the awful thing they changed (you needed to say "I voted YES" in comments in order to receive the game, this is just domb because a simple comment like "Voted" is the same, I doubt people would vote No and than they ask for a free key), there are no news.

At this point if I get a key good. If I don't oh well. Will never buy it and just wait until it's bundle fare.

Vazra

Keyboards rock as long as you have macros. Just make each move a macro and play like a Naruto fighting game where it is your skill with the moves that matter and not doing some down right down right square crap to do one move.

CyberConnect2 fighting games?
Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

EDIT: Why is TMNT movie getting a sequel?
2095c354.gif

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
new Cities: Skylines patch :)

Greetings Chirpies!

Our post-launch adventure continues as Colossal Order bravely trek down the gritty path of fixing bugs and solving issues. Today we are excited to bring you another (mainly) bug-fixing focused patch.

As we're rolling out the update via steam it might take up to two hours, or so, for it to go live everywhere. Please re-start your steam or verify the game cache if the game does not automatically download the patch.

You can see which version number you're running in the lower right corner of the main menu, if you're not sure that you've gotten it.

Please take all patch related discussion to this thread:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/611701999523878038/

1.0.7b - Patch Notes
  • Warning added when enabling a mod
  • Save to cloud box now remain checked if the loading was performed from a cloud save
  • Japanese garden for everyone
  • Added command line parameter "-limitfps x" to set a target fps
  • Mac/Linux: Fixed custom assets not loading due to an invalid PNG format.
  • Mac: Removed menu bar & docks in fullscreen mode
  • Asset Editor: the default size of assets created from templates now matches the template size if loading props
  • Asset Editor: fixed a case where the default textures may get corrupted and require to restart the game
  • Asset Editor: already placed props can now be moved around and rotated in place (respectively using the left and right mouse click) when no tools are selected
  • Asset Editor: fixed cases where LODs may not rotate with the building in the import panel
  • Steam workshop: Steam fixed the workshop not being showing when in offline mode in the latest Steam client release (24 Mar)
  • Locale: added LOADING text
  • Misc: fixed a case where command line arguments may conflict
  • Misc: removed an invalid key binding option
  • Misc: Added screenshot shortcuts to rebindable input (default is F12 for normal screenshot and shift+F12 for hi-res screenshot, also local screenshots now go to gameUserFolder/Screenshots) Steam screenshot feature is untouched and still the preferred method to take screenshots
  • Misc: Info views panel added to the Escape chain so the last Escape press will close the info views now
  • Misc: Save map does not show builtin and workshop maps any longer
  • UI: Fixed arrows sprites not showing feedback when interacted with
  • UI: Fixed color picker color not displaying in the right color space
  • No more duplicate name error for identical names coming from different packages
  • Paths can not be built inside elevated roads anymore
  • Elevated roads can now be upgraded or changed direction if one-ways
  • .ccs files displayed in red can now be selected in the load panel when trying to recover a failed save (when a save fails and attempt to
  • preserve itself generating a .ccs file)
  • french localization improved
  • general audio improvements (should help address the sound stuttering issue with some sound cards)

Once again we'd like to thank everyone who has taken their time to assist us in tracking and eliminating our technical issues. You're awesome.

The rest of you... well you're pretty darn cool too!

Regards,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Wow, I am gone for a day and so many pages. Though mostly about mystery stuff, so nothing of value was lost.
Damn, I can't figure the VPN thing out but if anyone wants to get me two keys, I'll paypal you 60 bucks and give one of them away.
:/ I wrote a week or so ago to you here how to use nuveem.

Use the free VPN application called FlyVPN. Open it and set a server from Brazil. Open up nuveem, login (you need an account there obviously) and buy stuff with PayPal.

I can help you out if you don't want to set up an account etc.
If you own Dark Souls II (no DLC), it'll cost 30. If you own everything it costs $20. I think? I might have missed that first part.
Hm. Twenty bucks. I am not sure about graphical additions tbh. From the screen to videos there wasn't much which looked different let alone better and I will hardly compare zoomed stills between both versions while playing. Don't really think it is worth it for visuals alone.

I mean for someone who played DS2+DLC on the old version, buying it for 20$ for himself is not that enticing but if he can buy multiple copies for cheap for friends who don't own anything DS2 then that is pretty useful.

Now, I have to check how much the DS2 Season Pass got reduced. Give me 5 Namco!
Why are people expecting any sort of meaningful graphical update for thDX11 version of dS2?

What game has ever had any sort of meaningful upgrade for DX11? It's always meaningless shit like softer shadows, tesselation, or higher precision lighting, not complete overhauls.

That fancy lighting from the preview builds is totally doable on DX9. I mean, it already exists in Majula and a couple of other areas in the game.

The DX11 upgrades will be mostly invisible. Maybe better ssao (which is already available in GeDoSaTo).
Totally agree. There are many bullet points being thrown around but most are really not that noticeable while playing, only while dissecting meticulously. In this case I don't see much difference.

I'm watching some PoE videos in preparation and I don't understand shit, too many numbers and stats, oh boy, I'll end up with a shitty character build, I just know it, it happens to me in all RPGs >_<

Anteater

The CPUs in SSFIV arcade edition feels much harder than the vanilla, took some effort to get to Seth on medium, couldn't beat him anyway, fucker.

The CPUs in SSFIV arcade edition feels much harder than the vanilla, took some effort to get to Seth on medium, couldn't beat him anyway, fucker.

seth is a pain in the ass to beat in any version.

are you trying to unlock endings or costumes or something? Just set the rounds to like 30 seconds and lower the difficulty.

Sendou

I'm watching some PoE videos in preparation and I don't understand shit, too many numbers and stats, oh boy, I'll end up with a shitty character build, I just know it, it happens to me in all RPGs >_<

I was watching them too and came to a similiar conclusion. I think I'll just go ahead and jump in without overthinking it too much.

Regarding Dark Souls , I feel that 20 is too much for people who own the game and all the dlc.
30 for people who only own the base game seems fair since the season pass is 25 but I don't get the logic of making owners of the dlc pay 20.

Dr Dogg

Seth isn't that bad. Now Gill in III Third Strike still gives me nightmares. Resurrection! *shudders* but still that's nothing compared to the raft of SNK bosses.

Patison

So,I know it may be too early, but how's PoE story? I'm really interested in this game, but I don't like cliche medieval-fantasy settings and I got bored after hour with D:OS. I hope that one day we'll get sci-fi game with similar scope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom