• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Like last time, each of those shots is in 4K if you left-click on them:

2_gtavpc_03272015.jpg

The minimum video card listed is an HD 4870, but I still feel like my 7950 is going to struggle a bit. Hopefully this runs as well, and is as scalable, as Max Payne 3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Like last time, each of those shots is in 4K if you left-click on them:

2_gtavpc_03272015.jpg

The minimum video card listed is an HD 4870, but I still feel like my 7950 is going to struggle a bit. Hopefully this runs as well, and is as scalable, as Max Payne 3.

The Steam app has been bumped on a regular basis since the delay was announced, so I'm hopeful R* has actually been optimising things.

It's a game I really have no interest in, but maybe somebody here will like to have it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Eraser_Arcade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-B620DDFE531D424A

Speevy

Banned
Wow, I am gone for a day and so many pages. Though mostly about mystery stuff, so nothing of value was lost.

:/ I wrote a week or so ago to you here how to use nuveem.

FlyVPN didn't work for me because there's an instance of it on my PC. Hola works but I had to set it to Venezuela rather than Brazil. I appreciate your help, but there's no reason to get upset.

Turfster

Gamersgate is having a Dead Island weekend sale
They're also matchin the SEGA publisher weekend

GMG has the Bioshock Triple pack 83% off
They've also got a Bethesda deal going on

Bundlestars is having a LEGO weekend (no star wars)

MUnited83

For you.
yah , just like that loyalty discount for the DLC for RE5

YBmpORI.jpg

i mean , the GOLD edition is $20 , the DLC alone is $15 ??

But that's a DLC, not the game again+ some new content. Different situation alltogether.

They said that on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/580041592074944513

Of course they could do a loyalty discount instead of an upgrade, but Capcom gonna capcom.
They said it wasn't a free upgrade, not that wouldn't be a paid upgrade/loyalty discount(upgrade or discount are essentially the same thing).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been researching the upcoming situation regarding Firefox and changes it will be making to extensions and their development / deployment practices in the near future.

I've come to the decision that Enhanced Steam will no longer be developed for Mozilla Firefox. There is simply far too much time and effort that goes into developing a Firefox compatible version of Enhanced Steam, and the new policies Mozilla is putting in place will increase this workload further.

The existing version (7.3) will be the final Firefox release. It will remain available for download, although it may not be able to be installed on versions of Firefox higher than 38. This includes Firefox 39 which enters the Aurora channel early next week.

My intention is to take the extra development time that I would normally give to Firefox and instead spend that time further developing the Enhanced Steam Standalone application. I'm hoping that by the time Firefox 40 reaches release status later this year (currently scheduled for Aug 11, 2015) the Standalone application will be a viable and feature-rich alternative for those who do not wish to change browsers to continue using Enhanced Steam.

L.O.R.D

But that's a DLC, not the game again+ some new content. Different situation alltogether.

They said it wasn't a free upgrade, not that wouldn't be a paid upgrade/loyalty discount(upgrade or discount are essentially the same thing).

still , no loyalty discount , its just discount for the main game because of the Re Release

the least they can do is make the DLC for $10

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Interview -- MB-387B109459429DF8 - Taken by BernardoOne

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I've been researching the upcoming situation regarding Firefox and changes it will be making to extensions and their development / deployment practices in the near future.

I've come to the decision that Enhanced Steam will no longer be developed for Mozilla Firefox. There is simply far too much time and effort that goes into developing a Firefox compatible version of Enhanced Steam, and the new policies Mozilla is putting in place will increase this workload further.

The existing version (7.3) will be the final Firefox release. It will remain available for download, although it may not be able to be installed on versions of Firefox higher than 38. This includes Firefox 39 which enters the Aurora channel early next week.

My intention is to take the extra development time that I would normally give to Firefox and instead spend that time further developing the Enhanced Steam Standalone application. I'm hoping that by the time Firefox 40 reaches release status later this year (currently scheduled for Aug 11, 2015) the Standalone application will be a viable and feature-rich alternative for those who do not wish to change browsers to continue using Enhanced Steam.

nooooooooooooooooooooo ; _ ;

Unicorn

Wow. I just saw that AvP is back on Steam?!

It was taken down around when Colonial Marines was. Why is it back?! I'm glad it is because I think it was great and I want more people to play it with me
KuGsj.gif

I just didn't know a game could come back after being taken down (publisher pull?).

JaseC

Wow. I just saw that AvP is back on Steam?!

It was taken down around when Colonial Marines was. Why is it back?! I'm glad it is because I think it was great and I want more people to play it with me
KuGsj.gif

I just didn't know a game could come back after being taken down (publisher pull?).

Probably a miscommunication.

... and Mafia ... and The Movies ;)

Mafia schmafia. I have that already!

Ouch, I missed that.
Hopefully we will have an upgrade option then.

Xanathus

Started playing Pillars of Eternity a bit and came across that cave everyone keeps talking about. Insert gif of "I don't know what I expected" here.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I read your posts sometimes

Quoting for more visibility, and to post the article explaining the 4 classes which will be available in Early Access.

Some points from the video highlighted by Dusky in his thread:

Finished watching myself, a bit tired right now but the points of interest I noted:

-They confirmed they want multiple bosses this time, which I'm happy about. Apparently the EA release boss (not seen in the video) is not the Patriach, was described as something that throws stuff around. Want more end bosses to be added as EA goes on.
-Confirmed the game will release with a map editor, but other editors will come when the game is further along.
-Game still has British voice options, Alan Wilson still has voice work~ We know there's other voices and accents, but some were worried about this.
-Make note one thing they wanted to change was to make maps have less a 'single' holding out spot you could stay the whole round. Say doors that are destroyed stay destroyed the whole match, sirens and other enemies can destroy lights, among other things.
-Seems some maps are 'updated' larger versions of old maps from KF1. Biotics Lab seems to be in the game on launch.
-Some reward for players that play the game for a long time, though overall made it so leveling won't be quite as time-consuming as it was, but still take months.

Was more said, but a few things said I at least wasn't aware were mentioned before.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
nooooooooooooooooooooo ; _ ;

Blame Mozilla and their ridiculous new policies that require every extension (even those they're not distributing) to pass through their AMO certification process.

From one of their latest blog entries:
Most nominations for full review are taking less than 8 weeks to review.
Most updates are being reviewed within 4 weeks.
Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 6 weeks.
If I were to continue development, you could expect to wait between 4-8 weeks from the time I send them an update to the time it gets approved and becomes available for distribution. And that's being optimistic, as many developers like myself will be submitting their extensions and going through the same process once it's mandatory.

And this is assuming that Mozilla won't have additional things they want me to change, which will require that the changes be made and that the extension will have to be resubmitted and go through this process yet again. When I published Enhanced Steam through AMO, it wasn't unheard of to have to wait 4-6 months between them making updates available. This made it impossible to achieve feature parity with the Chrome version.

MUnited83

For you.
Start placing your bets. Preferably in USD rather than EUR.

Well, I'm glad I do all my trading on USD so my paypal funds are actually increasing in value. A shame I did a big cashout on the beggining of the year. If I waited for now I'd have quite a little extra :p

JaseC

Daily Apotheon 50% off

From no discount history (excluding the pre-order widget on the official site) to 50% off. That's quite the jump. 33% off would have made the most sense considering that was the discount for particularly early birds.

Turfster

Humble Store is having a 2K weekend, up to 83% off, free Spec Ops The Line with any 2K purchase
They're also having the SEGA weekend, 75% off
They're also having a Bethesda weekend, up to 50% off (notice anything?)

jshackles

From no discount history (excluding the pre-order widget on the official site) to 50% off. That's quite the jump. 33% off would have made the most sense considering that was the discount for particularly early birds.

Well, it was also "free" for PS+ users on release day so a lot of people would say 50% is a step backwards.

Parsnip

I'm having fun! :(

In fact, I think I'll finnish it later today.

Don't know if intentional, but bravo.

These are dark times.

JaseC

Well, it was also "free" for PS+ users on release day so a lot of people would say 50% is a step backwards.

Alientrap should have set the discount to 100% and then feigned ignorance when people complained about it being unpurchaseable. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom