• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

seth is a pain in the ass to beat in any version.

are you trying to unlock endings or costumes or something? Just set the rounds to like 30 seconds and lower the difficulty.

Nah just playing around trying to beat the game on medium, and trying different characters I haven't played before, got destroyed before even getting to Seth on those though! I remember having an easier time playing the vanilla on ps3.

Seth isn't that bad. Now Gill in III Third Strike still gives me nightmares. Resurrection! *shudders* but still that's nothing compared to the raft of SNK bosses.

I always give up on Gill, I hated fighting him because of that resurrection thing, lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
So,I know it may be too early, but how's PoE story? I'm really interested in this game, but I don't like cliche medieval-fantasy settings and I got bored after hour with D:OS. I hope that one day we'll get sci-fi game with similar scope :)

knowing obs i'm sure there are a bunch of trope reversals and the like

i don't want sci-fi tho, i want a modern day rpg

like parasite eve 1

i want another parasite eve 1

Sarcasm

what is the difference between the champion and Royal edition of Pillars of eternity ?

It says right on the steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/

Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition:

Digital Original Soundtrack:
This soundtrack contains many of the game's music tracks performed by a live orchestra. Contains at least 17 tracks in MP3 and FLAC formats.

Digital Campaign Almanac:
The Campaign Almanac contains everything related to the lore, history, and world of Eora as originally told by Hylsman Horag and revised by the Hand Occult. The 35 page almanac has commentary provided by a variety of authors and is an engrossing read for anyone keen to delve deeper into the world of the Pillars of Eternity.

Making of Documentary:
A video documentary of the entire Pillars of Eternity development process - from beginning to end. Includes commentary from the developers and behind the scenes footage of game shows and events.

Digital Hi-res Game Map:
A high resolution map of Eora's Eastern Reach. Details include locations that players will be traveling to and locations that they may be seen in future Pillars of Eternity products.

Wallpapers:
High resolution and multi-monitor wallpapers of cool concept art and in-game artwork.

Ringtones:
Short clips of sounds and music from Pillars of Eternity. Perfect as mobile ringtones.

Pillars of Eternity Royal Edition:

Digital Novella by Chris Avellone:
A digital novella that focus on the backstory of some of the more interesting characters that players may encounter over the course of their travels in Pillars of Eternity.

Collector’s Book PDF:
Digital version of the book that is being published by Dark Horse. It contains lots of information and art on the setting, story, and creatures of Pillars of Eternity. 112 pages.

Hi-res Concept Art pieces:
High resolution pieces of our concept art. Contains everything from concepts of areas and creatures to props and mood pieces.

Digital Strategy Guide:
Digital version of our strategy guide from Prima penned by the same writer of the Fallout: New Vegas guide. Contains all the information players will need to master Pillars of Eternity and reveal all of the content available.

**Digital Original Soundtrack*
This soundtrack contains many of the game's music tracks performed by a live orchestra.Contains at least 17 tracks in MP3 and FLAC formats

**Digital Campaign Almanac:
The Campaign Almanac contains everything related to the lore, history, and world of Eora as originally told by Hylsman Horag and revised by the Hand Occult. The 35 page almanac has commentary provided by a variety of authors and is an engrossing read for anyone keen to delve deeper into the world of the Pillars of Eternity.

**Making of Documentary:
A video documentary of the entire Pillars of Eternity development process - from beginning to end. Includes commentary from the developers and behind the scenes footage of game shows and events.

**Digital Hi-res Game Map:
A high resolution map of Eora's Eastern Reach. Details include locations that players will be traveling to and locations that they may be seen in future Pillars of Eternity products.

**Wallpapers:
High resolution and multi-monitor wallpapers of cool concept art and in-game artwork.

**Ringtones:
Short clips of sounds and music from Pillars of Eternity. Perfect as mobile ringtones.

** = In Champion

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching some PoE videos in preparation and I don't understand shit, too many numbers and stats, oh boy, I'll end up with a shitty character build, I just know it, it happens to me in all RPGs >_<

The game is pretty forgiving, they even give you recommended stats to put points in according to class etc

I'm watching some PoE videos in preparation and I don't understand shit, too many numbers and stats, oh boy, I'll end up with a shitty character build, I just know it, it happens to me in all RPGs >_<
The game will let you know what stat is best for your character when in character creation.

Locust

kSZjvOH.png
Jack Keane 3 - A Hideo Kojima Game

PoE has been quite nice so far, currently using an Elven Ranger with my Lion companion Finn. So far I've been switching between hunting bow and cross bow, can't say I'm a fan of the latter's slowness, takes too long to reload.

chronomac

If a movie based on a franchise makes even just a little bit more than its budget, it's getting a sequel. I'm surprised we haven't gotten TMNT 2 yet, to be honest.

On an unrelated note, Captain Forever Remix launches today on Steam Early Access and it looks fun as hell.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If a movie based on a franchise makes even just a little bit more than its budget, it's getting a sequel. I'm surprised we haven't gotten TMNT 2 yet, to be honest.

It takes time to make a poop, my friend.

It takes time to make a poop.

FloatOn

eh... I didn't mind the latest turtles movie.

if you are expecting anything like the comic you are doing it wrong. at least they actually fought this time instead of that slapstick let me knock something down and have it land on your head nonsense from the other turtles flicks.

Haunted

I urge you guys not to sleep on this one. For fans of FTL, with a focus on resource-starved exploration. The artwork has been redone for this version but was gorgeous in the original. The music and sound match the aesthetic to the slow-building knowledge of your imminent death.

Great replay value, too, as you try to gather as much of the language to figure out just what the hell is going on.

The devs have said their next game is going to be a dystopian future/cyberpunk/sci-fi where you play a CEO-type in a House of Cards- and Homeland-inspired political espionage plot. Stoked for that, too.
As a huge FTL fan, I didn't really like Out There all that much. It's FTL without the ship combat, which is a huge part of the game for me and imo, super necessary for the pacing and keep the gameplay varied enough. Hands of Fate would be half the game it is without the whole 3D combat gameplay.

The one thing about Out There that really intrigued me was the potential to learn its fictional language. Paying attention, learning more each time you encounter aliens and building up this knowledge inside and outside the game. But when I learned that it was just randomised every time and resets - showing that it's basically just a collection of letters instead of an actual (fictional) language... I lost interest in that as well.

Overall, I don't think the game holds up at all to the ones it's frequently compared to. I hope they changed a lot for the Steam release or I'm going to pass on this one.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you ain't playing with two other people to break every puzzle, you simply ain't Trine.

fenners

Captain Forever Remix looks pretty baller. Basically you fly around and assimilate bits of enemy spaceships to make yours better. It should go into early access today.

I got eary early access ;) It's really good fun - it's a great take on the original game, with a nice look & feel to it. It's designed to be replayed, unlock more parts/sets of equipment as you progress etc.

You can build some crazy fun layouts & there's some great variety in the ships you face off against. The presentation of "Captain Forever" the TV show is cool too.

I've enjoyed playing it for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kft_TB1YTqg

Devil May Cry 4 - Special Edition price in the end of the video in japan
steam : 4157 yen = $35

1DoCPHi.jpg

NO UPGRADE OPTION ?

i think RE HD was the same price when they announce it for japan , maybe the price in the reset of the world is cheaper ?

Will Steam version present an upgrade option for those who have the main DMC4 game just like from SSFIV to USFIV or it will be a standalone game that you have to buy separately (again) just like Scholar Of The First Sin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom