• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantom

Holy shit, a crappy BeMine?

$1 tier looks terrible, but everything on Steam in the $4 tier looks decent

c585Jrt.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
reposting for new page because it's kinda/sorta important, I think ;)

here's the Rock Band 4 survey, by the way

just in case you want to help them make the right decision ;)
just be sure to select the "I'd rather play the game on PC" along the way

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Soul Gambler: Dark Arts Edition -- MB-1D48084DE745D114 - Taken by Kifimbo
Fabula Mortis -- MB-956F5C16F78943A8 - Taken by Purkake4
Run or Die -- MB-78A9197FA166F117 - Taken by Saty
The Forest of Doom -- MB-6AA1C0DDDF3394BA - Taken by GaussTek
Volt -- MB-796133F09CF6E775 - Taken by 7Sins
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-3F6DF6A315EF6221 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado

derExperte

Holy shit, a crappy BeMine?

Explains why there were no hints.

Hey, it looks like they're finally doing something about people shitting on reviewers for having a different opinion than the one they want by closing that Bloodborne thread. I used to love going in those threads and pushing people's buttons because they couldn't handle the notion that someone didn't like the game they hadn't played yet.

I guess that's progress.

I'm reading the last few pages and they didn't even ban the worst posters. Like that 'delay in the head' dude.

MUnited83

For you.
If you spent less time dreaming and more time working, maybe you would have made it a reality. ;)

I'd need to learn how to code. And how to draw stuffz.

I do have a couple of nice ideas for videogames, just no way of actually doing it. Doing a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style video game has been on my mind for a few years now.

Really disappointed in that Be Mine. It would be slightly better if I owned Inquisitor Book 1, but as far as I can remember I don't. I'll have to get that at some point now.

Kadin

Anyone else get the pop-up upon login today showing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for $6.80 and then find that this price in the store is just for the base version?

rtcn63

RE6. Finished Chris' campaign, a few hours into Leon's. Stomping on grounded enemies is a crapshoot, because half the time, they'll instantly grab you and you can't do jack to prevent it. The enemy designs in general are trolling you, c'mon an
obese American zombie called the Whopper? And that daft-faced thing with udders that shakes its ass at you as it's waddling in fast forward.
This game doesn't know what it wants to be.

Purkake4

Banned
Had some problems creating dictionary, but it seems to be working.

Needs to be ANSI, UTF8 seems to corrupt and supports only a-z.

Made small dictionary with Finnish words. (95k words).

urDeh8p.png
This game is surprisingly awesome.

You'll probably have to adjust the difficulty for Finnish though, all them long words.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RE6. Finished Chris' campaign, a few hours into Leon's. Stomping on grounded enemies is a crapshoot, because half the time, they'll instantly grab you and you can't do jack to prevent it. The enemy designs in general are trolling you, c'mon an
obese American zombie called the Whopper? And that daft-faced thing with udders that shakes its ass at you as it's waddling in fast forward.
This game doesn't know what it wants to be.

At least stick it out until the rope climbing QTE. That's the best part of the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
sucks about enhanced steam for firefox

might make me switch back to chrome

who knows, maybe they fixed that weird youtube bug i had

Is it anything special I need to do to play Steam games with my Xbox one controller?

If you don't care about using the controller as a wired controller then no, as far as I know it'll work out of the box. If you want wireless, then you'll have to wait until the wireless thing is out.

rtcn63

At least stick it out until the rope climbing QTE. That's the best part of the game.

Well I originally played RE6 on console (and on an SDTV, which might partially explain why I'm doing much better this time around). That (absurdly long) rope-climbing section was horrendous, because I don't think the game tells you that you're supposed to hold down one trigger before pressing the other.

And I still dislike what they did to Ada's face. She resembles an Asian Glenn Close now.

EDIT: I know JaseC was being sarcastic, if that wasn't clear. I am having fun for the most part. Those QTE's and insta-deaths tho.

yoshizzle

Fortress Forever is a Source mod inspired by the earlier versions of the Team Fortress series (Team Fortress Classic and QuakeWorld Team Fortress).

It's now on Steam and free to download. Like TFC, it has grenades and bunnyhopping :)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ok, one last time before I go to bed ... just in case someone missed it :)
sorry for the spam - don't kill me, please

ok, one last time before I go to bed ... just in case someone missed it :)
sorry for the spam - don't kill me, please

Can I use all my 360 peripherals on the PC? Do they work with the wireless adapter?

Khronico

Dumb Question: Can someone explain why setting frame limit to my refresh rate in Valkyria Chronicles cause the entire game to play in slow mo? It runs perfectly fine w/no frame drops with the limit at 30fps, but that one change screws everything up.

Edit: My uneducated guess is that my computer can't handle that game at 60fps, but the slowmo doesn't seem to make much sense.

Editx2: The presentation of Valkyria is SO right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom