• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mistery Game -- MB-EFBE8D25873087A4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 7 entrants total.

t1427486556z1.png

Nice, got Sometimes Success requires a sacrifice. Didn't have it so +1 for me. :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-50E9988207AF8DE8 - Taken by fuzzy123

titch

Join Google's army of drones, or be crushed into dust and throw to the wind. The great internet browser purge is coming.

sauron_eye_barad_dur_by_xbladem6x-d8nbg7k.jpg

With my browsing - i'd lay waste to mount doom quicker than you can say frodo destroy the ring

It's funny you put it that way, because that's exactly how I felt when arriving at this decision.

I honestly feel like those same 20 hours would be better spent doing things with the people that are important in my life. And if not that, I still feel those same 20 hours could be better spent further developing the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam.

I'm sure your not alone amongst FF add-on developers and a rather quick mozilla backtrack wouldn't surprise me one bit.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Mystery twist -- MB-C02CD96CAFF6FE2A - Taken by Darth Kupi

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Intel, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To the Moon -- MB-A4BCD3D6FBBF7F87
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-B84B14405FAD26AD - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-284131F1504B8B25 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-011C6CF302FB5587 - Taken by Shalashaska. 19 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-2D50C07BF465D690 - Taken by Akuosa. 6 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-51F68A18BAF20CCA - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-AE4CBDF0FE90CE14 - Taken by Oreoleo. 6 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-F50728D6DFD79812 - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.

t1427491410z1.png

Shit I should try this as well. That port is sounding like straight trash.

They did say it was a, "one-time customer service gesture" just FYI. So I'd suggest only cashing that in if it matters to you that much. I know they've had a "only one support refund ever" thing, I wouldn't be surprised if this counts towards that.

You should be able to sell it for more than 30$.

I'm fairly tempted myself.

That would be tight. Thank god it didn't get any of the new region restriction stuff retroactively applied to it, so I've got a cheap, region-free, pre-order copy that I'm sure somebody will want.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tons of hate on my decision to drop support for Firefox, I guess it can't really be helped. People sure do love their browsers of choice.

from the Steam group said:
After the recent profile exploit, there's no way I'm installing standalone and giving Steam a reason to ban my account for unauthorized alteration of program function. And if you're unwilling to follow additional certification steps meant to stem the tide of malware addons, I'm not sure I trust ES anymore. Enjoy your resource hog browser with baked in ad tracking and an invasive privacy policy (which will likely duplicate FF's plugin policy in a few months like they do everything else), but this is the end of my usage of ES.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep working on doing what I'm doing I suppose.

Dsyndrome

Tons of hate on my decision to drop support for Firefox, I guess it can't really be helped. People sure do love their browsers of choice.

That's some vitriol right there. What'd you do, run over his dog?

Damn, that sounds like the person who wrote that is doing you a favour because they use ES.

You're providing a service that you believe in and aren't charging for it. If something no longer becomes feasible for you, it's no longer feasible. Not much you can do about other people's feelings in that matter.

But out of curiosity, would you be adverse to someone taking over functionality for Firefox? Asking genuinely, not fishing or implying that I would step up, because: Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

Mr. Doop

That's really crazy. People get really defensive over their browsers, huh?

Really sounds like ES ran over their dog and then desecrated it's corpse. Well as long as this guy isn't crazy/stalker just one less idiot using your amazing service.
tumblr_nl3uz81Wnz1qz64n4o1_500.gif

I just read through the comments and wow, talk about overreacting. I use ES on Firefox as well and am sad to see it go, but some of these people act like you just punched them in the face.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn, that sounds like the person who wrote that is doing you a favour because they use ES.

I got quite a kick out of this when it was posted on SteamGifts actually:

BphYb9m.png

(The guy eventually spoke back up and said he was kidding)

You're providing a service that you believe in and aren't charging for it. If something no longer becomes feasible for you, it's no longer feasible. Not much you can do about other people's feelings in that matter.

But out of curiosity, would you be adverse to someone taking over functionality for Firefox? Asking genuinely, not fishing or implying that I would step up, because: Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

My thoughts exactly, spending all of the extra time and energy for 7% of ES users just isn't feasible for me right now.

I would totally be okay with someone forking the project and continuing to provide updates ported from the Chrome code. In fact, it's released under GPL so anyone could do it assuming they give proper attribution and also release their code open source. I also like to think I'm pretty cool about helping people so if anyone wants to take this on I'd even be happy to help "show someone the ropes" as it were. I just really can't go back to jumping through Mozilla's hoops.

iosefe

I got quite a kick out of this when it was posted on SteamGifts actually:

BphYb9m.png

(The guy eventually spoke back up and said he was kidding)

thats on that GTA giveaway right? if noit, there is a giveaway for GTA V that says to support steam stuff, Idle Master included.

i now feel dumb for confusing the items and lumping them together

Dr Dogg

People sure do love their browsers of choice.

Which I've really found odd. I've always had 2 or 3 browsers installed for daily use and ping pong through each depending on the suitability from site to site. Plus there's always peaks and troughs in performance between the main browsers that one is never the defacto 'best' browser for ever and ever anyway.

jshackles

thats on that GTA giveaway right? if noit, there is a giveaway for GTA V that says to support steam stuff, Idle Master included.

i now feel dumb for confusing the items and lumping them together

There's a GTA V giveaway that's going on to support Idle Master?

My quote was from here.

dex3108

Ok this was brutal xD

I'm sure you'll be able to limit the game to 30fps, mod in black bars, a grey/brown filter, brutal post-processing and motion blur.
And set a task scheduler in Windows to kill the game after 5 hours.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157752001&postcount=211

There's a GTA V giveaway that's going on to support Idle Master?

Yeap :D

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/IkvpD/grand-theft-auto-v

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i mean the enhanced steam thing is a shame but makes sense from the perspective of jshackles slaving away fixing valve's problems, no need for him to fix mozilla's too

it sucks, but oh well

i'll try chrome again i guess since my main complaint about it was this weird youtube bug

but yea enhanced steam is a "killer app" for browsers i think, so i'll def miss the updates

Which I've really found odd. I've always had 2 or 3 browsers installed for daily use and ping pong through each depending on the suitability from site to site. Plus there's always peaks and troughs in performance between the main browsers that one is never the defacto 'best' browser for ever and ever anyway.

Yeah that's how I am too. I always have Chrome and Firefox open at all times and bounce between them. Part of that is because I'm a web developer and have to test stuff in both browsers anyway. I always have certain sites open in Firefox and others in Chrome, depending on which work better.

jshackles

yeah i mean the enhanced steam thing is a shame but makes sense from the perspective of jshackles slaving away fixing valve's problems, no need for him to fix mozilla's too

it sucks, but oh well

i'll try chrome again i guess since my main complaint about it was this weird youtube bug

but yea enhanced steam is a "killer app" for browsers i think, so i'll def miss the updates

I think we can all agree that the better, easier solution would be for Valve go ahead and hire me so that I can fix stuff with Steam without having to rely on pesky browser extensions ;)

Jawmuncher

Destiny pre orders for PC have been showing up recently :
http://imgur.com/a/62s4Z

Maybe something is brewing. I think it's too late to port the game on PC but neither Activision nor Bungie were against it so anything could happen.

It might actually happen. Wonder how it will go down with the PC crowd and the late release. Considering the game is sitting at 30 bucks new at a lot of places. It's going to be funny to see them trying to get 60 out of people. I would launch at 50 USD and offer at least one of the DLCs as a preorder bonus or something.

madjoki

I doubt it's legit, those shady sites want your money just early as possible.

It never gets released? Well then they don't have to ever deliver the game and chances are someone will forgot they even preordered it. :p

Kifimbo

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

An Imp? A Fiend! -- MB-E3A470F0BCEA6EA5 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

t1427492374z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i never get tired of the rever uppu! in recettear

I think we can all agree that the better, easier solution would be for Valve go ahead and hire me so that I can fix stuff with Steam without having to rely on pesky browser extensions ;)
easy is a concept valve often has trouble grasping, unfortunately

derExperte

Tbh I'd rather stop using Enhanced Steam than start using Chrome too but I'm not averse to giving the standalone app a go when the time comes. And who knows, maybe Spartan will come to the rescue somehow, haven't heard anything new about its add-on support though.

Ok this was brutal xD

Order is such a weird game visually, there are tons of impressive details in the environments and yes, sometimes it looks like a film, but the next second you realize how limited everything is and that it could look much better without all those filters. Or if they at least didn't go totally overboard with them. I get the praise to a certain extent but I'd rather not have other games look like that.

dex3108

Order is such a weird game visually, there are tons of impressive details in the environments and yes, sometimes it looks like a film, but the next second you realize how limited everything is and that it could look much better without all those filters. Or if they at least didn't go totally overboard with them. I get the praise to a certain extent but I'd rather not have other games look like that.

Yeah but those filter are there to hide things. But they really did impressive things with PS4 hardware that is something i can't really complain about.

derExperte

Yeah but those filter are there to hide things. But they really did impressive things with PS4 hardware that is something i can't really complain about.

Speaking of GTA, while the PS3 version had a.... suboptimal framerate and the IQ was very problematic even then it was evident how much work Rockstar put into building the world, there are very few repeated assets, lots of unique places (I didn't even visit that large mansion in one of the screenshots) and the animations are top-notch, attention to detail everywhere. I was obviously joking about modding it to look like The Order but I'm actually not so sure that they're very far apart in certain aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom