• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The keyboard controllers give me a headache.
ibufDCdvOT14y8.png

Jawmuncher

Have a look at the custom formations you can set. Obviously have your tougher party members at the front and the squishier ones at the back. Scouting with a character with high stealth separate from your other party members gives you chance to see what's a head and plan accordingly. Planning, preparing and positioning as well as setting auto pause settings in the options makes things more manageable and don't be afraid to set battles to slow mode or toggle it when you feel things are getting a bit hectic as it's a fair bit quicker than other IE games. Can't comment on easy but not having a full party on hard gets you wrecked pretty fast if you're not prepared so finding some companions (they come thick and fast on the main path) or hiring adventurers before taking on tough encounters/quests is vital.

There's quite a few tips in the OT and Durante sums up a pretty simple explanation of using positioning and choke points to your advantage.

Thanks for the help. Will be trying this out and taking a gander at the OT.

Just a question. Why dont these companies consult someone from America?

Here in China even the smallest companies hire a consulting firm when it comes to selling things in the west.
And here we are talking about a big publisher.

Whoops, sorry I haven't been posting in here much, Netflix recently came to Australia and...Oh man that's just been amazing.

But on the plus side I'm now no longer suffering from my 0% achievement percentage rate!
Blade Symphony devs added in a single achievement to their games at the request of others suffering from the bug and now it's fixed!

Anything steam related I missed?
Is MRORANGE alive/dead/in a state of flux?

Vazra

Is there even any new Story Content or should I just have stuck with my vita version.

Nope. You'll be missing Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Phase 4, Raidou, Ein, Leon, Rachel, Honoka, Jacky Bryant and Momiji. There is a few stages that were added in Ultimate and the missing 2 PC wont be getting lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whoops, sorry I haven't been posting in here much, Netflix recently came to Australia and...Oh man that's just been amazing.

I was subscribed to Netflix US for at least a few months as I signed up for the trial period and forgot to cancel, haha. The only reason I noticed is that I happened to check my bank account on the day I was billed. To add insult to (slight) injury, I never watched anything.

I was subscribed to Netflix US for at least a few months as I signed up for the trial period and forgot to cancel, haha. The only reason I noticed is that I happened to check my bank account on the day I was billed. To add insult to (slight) injury, I never watched anything.
Haha, oh man yeah that's how Crunchyroll got me, I signed up for the free trial, forgot to cancel after two weeks and I'm like, well I already got used to the lack of ads, and I do like the content, eh I can't be bothered cancelling :p

I dunno if I'll be enjoying it, I'll probably be playing Gurumin instead.
I'm still debating if I should cancel the preorder too, though the free DLC keeps me in so far.

Right. Gurumin. Whats up with the PC version? I remember I voted for it on GL to get a free key.

But on the plus side I'm now no longer suffering from my 0% achievement percentage rate!
Blade Symphony devs added in a single achievement to their games at the request of others suffering from the bug and now it's fixed!

Anything steam related I missed?
Is MRORANGE alive/dead/in a state of flux?

Orange seems to be alive, he posted a dot a few days ago. I told him we were ok with him being a
cop
but I think he didn't believe me.

Right. Gurumin. Whats up with the PC version? I remember I voted for it on GL to get a free key.

Coming on the same day as DoA, free keys and all.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/322290/

zkylon

zkylewd
finished recettear

cool game, thought it'd be a bit longer tbh, as i only unlocked two dungeons and have a bunch of obvious recruitable npcs left too, but i guess they ran out of script at one point

kinda lame cos it's just an arbitrary point that you pay back the debt and the game just ends, there's no conflict with aluette or the demon guy or i dunno some sort of problem for recette and tear to go through together or something

i guess it's kind of the idea that it's a really light-hearted game but chantelise was like that too and still managed to deliver a decent story with a more compelling conclusion

other than that the game's pretty great, even tho it's kind of repetitive. the humor worked on me almost every time and it's just an endless stream of cuteness so that was pretty cool i guess. wish there was more variety to the gameplay tho, i feel like maybe the mix of dungeon crawling and itemshop managing ended up hurting both by making them overly simple and light on content, tho both are actually fairly fleshed out and enjoyable at least for a while. i unlocked that endless mode but i'm guessing there's not much dialogue scenes remaining so i dunno if i really want to grind either mode too much

but yeah it's a cool game, could've been better but i guess those are the downsides of these short-form doujin things

Since discussion about the trash port that is DoA is coming up again, I'll post this again. Maybe you guys that got in on the cheap RU hype can get your money's worth back.

Thanks to Support (surprisingly enough), I got this garbage returned to my inventory.

1195mfJ.png

No longer will it taint my library. Hopefully I can make back the ~$15 I got it for.
Basically, "the port is trash, so since the game isn't out yet, can I have this put back in my inventory?"

Screenie of my ticket

finished recettear

cool game, thought it'd be a bit longer tbh, as i only unlocked two dungeons and have a bunch of obvious recruitable npcs left too, but i guess they ran out of script at one point

kinda lame cos it's just an arbitrary point that you pay back the debt and the game just ends, there's no conflict with aluette or the demon guy or i dunno some sort of problem for recette and tear to go through together or something

There is an Alouette-related dungeon thing, if I recall. You even
see your father again.
You can recruit a total of 8 NPCs. You have to meet certain conditions to do so. You can keep going in endless mode - there is more story beyond ending your debt.

ExoSoul

Banned
This DoA situation is just so amusing to watch from a distance, correct me if I'm wrong but it is the game that had 3 tiers of "unlockable" depending on the amount of pre-orders right?

Also: yay managed to fix my tablet, I'm back to pester you all =3

Vazra

This DoA situation is just so amusing to watch from a distance, correct me if I'm wrong but it is the game that had 3 tiers of "unlockable" depending on the amount of pre-orders right?

Also: yay managed to fix my tablet, I'm back to pester you all =3

It had 3 tiers of bonuses and as a sorry for the delay they dropped in another pack.

zkylon

zkylewd
now that i think about it, for currency reasons i'll probably wait until i get payment for this freelance job i'm doing before i buy my videocard

it's essentially a month without it but it's probably for the better

i'd love to play eternity right now but i have to think about shit like that if i want to survive :p

There is an Alouette-related dungeon thing, if I recall. You even
see your father again.
You can recruit a total of 8 NPCs. You have to meet certain conditions to do so. You can keep going in endless mode - there is more story beyond ending your debt.
ah that's good to know

they talk about new dungeons or whatever but didn't think there'd be much more story content coming

JaseC

What's the newest count of overall active steam users?

125 million, but the numbers are fudged a bit since Valve now considers any account that owns a game to be active, regardless of when the person was last actually online. E.g. My original account that I lost access to back in 2005 or so is now "active". I can understand that Valve wanting to change the definition such that it'd include accounts that just play F2P games, but what it should have done is dropped the purchase component completely so that "active" just meant "been online in the past 90 days" (which itself is up from the 30-day ceiling used in the past).

125 million, but the numbers are fudged a bit since Valve now considers any account that owns a game to be active, regardless of when the person was last actually online. E.g. My original account that I lost access to back in 2005 or so is now "active". I can understand that Valve wanting to change the definition such that it'd include accounts that just play F2P games, but what it should have done is dropped the purchase component completely so that "active" just meant "been online in the past 90 days".

Is the requirement of owning a game to stem criticism over counting spambots as active users?

125 million, but the numbers are fudged a bit since Valve now considers any account that owns a game to be active, regardless of when the person was last actually online. E.g. My original account that I lost access to back in 2005 or so is now "active". I can understand that Valve wanting to change the definition such that it'd include accounts that just play F2P games, but what it should have done is dropped the purchase component completely so that "active" just meant "been online in the past 90 days" (which itself is up from the 30-day ceiling used in the past).
Thanks, needed that for my electronic business assignment.

JaseC

Is the requirement of owning a game to stem criticism over counting spambots as active users?

Originally, yes, but not any more, since the equation has gone from and to or. "Owns at least one game and has been online in the past 30 days" -> "Owns at least one game or has been online in the past 90 days".

JaseC

I double checked and at the moment, his group is still Irrational but they are going to pick a new name.

Ah, when news broke that he was going to lead a new team on a smaller-scale project because of Irrational all but closing I gathered that meant a team elsewhere within 2K.

MUnited83

For you.
So I decided to start as a wizard in PoE. Was that a mistake?
Can be rough on the first hours but wizards get quite powerful after certain point.
I dont think there 's a wrong choice on character creation and you get many followers to compliment your main character. You can even hire new completely customizable characters from inns.

Milamber

Those 21:9 monitors I saw at the mall today are begging me to give them a home. I need a valid reason though. I wonder how the latest game releases stack up to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom