• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Derp

iP836RpuSgFa7.gif
Lol. That sums up how it was for me.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Is Bad Company 2 MP still a thing? Not happy with the last Battlefield (since BF3) releases and I loved BC2. Is it still worth buying? What about hackers?

Knurek

Valiant Hearts looks all kinds of amazing.
Gameplay-wise, reminds me of those flash adventure games, or stuff like Neighbors from Hell, but hot dayum, it does look outstanding.
Ubi should just license UbiArt engine left and right.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gameplay-wise, reminds me of those flash adventure games, or stuff like Neighbors from Hell, but hot dayum, it does look outstanding.

A few sites reported that UbiArt was going to be open-source, but evidently there was a miscommunication/misunderstanding. And to save lash the effort, "Ubi gonna Ubi." ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
guess it speaks how much i liked psycho-pass first season that i marathoned through the second season in one night

i didn't like it nearly as much, i felt it spread too thin over too short of a time and it mostly felt redundant compared to the first season. the new characters didn't add much even tho a bit more focus on saiga sensei was pretty cool, as well as the new badass version of gino and akane. but new villain didn't work as well and it just felt like not much progression, which is pretty bad for me since i'm not used to watch anime that runs for more than one season and this kind of proves to me why (and i really hope trigger doesn't ever make kill la kill season 2). also opening and ending themes were kind of meh, and i know this was a tough act to follow but still, so disappointing!

still gonna watch the movie, but after so much bloodshed i think i want something more relaxing

prolly gonna finish up second season of space dandy lol

looked it up real quick so might be mistaken but sounds to me like ubiart is not really that key? i mean from the short video i watched it looked like a more modern and 100% game oriented flash, with like tools for drawing, animating and turning stuff into code in one place which probably makes it pretty easy for them to do all the pretties but not necessarily a magic tool that makes everything look gorgeous

more importantly i guess is that it's cross-platform and that it's not shit like flash :p

but like the amazing visuals of games like valiant hearts and rayman are all on the artists and designers, not really on the software

same with gameplay, which is why rayman had afaik fun gameplay, and valiant hearts' is garbage

fantomena

Y'all better get a PS4 for Bloodborne. After a shitload of hours and yet to play Chalice Dungeons and finish the story:

Bloodborne > Demon's Souls >> Dark Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dark Souls 2

But... I will still upgrade to Scholars on PC cause I still like Souls 2.

Anteater

Y'all better get a PS4 for Bloodborne. After a shitload of hours and yet to play Chalice Dungeons and finish the story:

I haven't even finished dark souls 2, probably not getting a ps4 until much later, I'm not exactly the biggest souls fan even though I enjoyed dark souls1.

I'm a bit more interested to see what scalebound is on xb1 and getting a wii u, but not sure if I'll enjoy xenoblade X, since I couldn't really get into the first game.

This gen is really different than the ps2 era I think, many games are multiplat, and exclusive 3rd party games are spread too thin across the 2 platforms, you can go with just any one of them and probably be happy with it.

fantomena

I'm a bit more interested to see what scalebound is on xb1 and getting a wii u, but not sure if I'll enjoy xenoblade X, since I couldn't really get into the first game.

I have an Xbone, but can't see the hype for Scalebound other than it's being directed by Kamiya. I don't know anything about it at all.

Also have a Wii U and I actually partially bought it due to Xenoblade X.

Anteater

I have an Xbone, but can't see the hype for Scalebound other than it's being directed by Kamiya. I don't know anything about it at all.

Also have a Wii U and I actually partially bought it due to Xenoblade X.

yeah, he's made some of my favorite games and since he go for a very different style each game, I find it more intriguing than a sequel for a long running franchise, like I couldn't even get myself to play mgs5 ground zeroes yet, but yeah we know absolutely nothing about it.

That's pretty much all xb1 have that I care about though, quantum break looks cool... but I still haven't finished alan wake, lol.

Ps4 will probably end up having more games I will enjoy and prettier games overall at the end.

dex3108

I can't justify console purchase for one game :D

And damn that Life is Strange OT is on fire. over 3K posts and almost 300K views. TT Game of Thrones OT is nothing in comparison.

Derp

Same here. Built my PC last year and man, I've been loving every minute of it. Hell I got a PS4 for a sweet ass deal yet I still keep coming back to PC.
Yup! I built mine at the end of 2013 (the next gen was starting and i decided to jump on the PC train instead) and damn it's probably been the best gaming decision i've ever made. I just love it to death.

AHA-Lambda

I can't justify console purchase for one game :D

And damn that Life is Strange OT is on fire. over 3K posts and almost 300K views. TT Game of Thrones OT is nothing in comparison.

Not surprising, right now for all of the ongoing Telltale style games I'd say it's

Life is Strange>Tales from Borderlands>Dreamfall Chapters>>>>Game of Thrones

Uzzy

No one game is worth £450. That's like three years of PC game purchases. Well, except for a hypothetical Obsidian developed Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex RPG. I'd pay anything for that.

In other news, finally reached the Goose and Fox Inn in Pillars of Eternity. Nice looking place.

Sendou

Not surprising, right now for all of the ongoing Telltale style games I'd say it's

Life is Strange>Tales from Borderlands>Dreamfall Chapters>>>>Game of Thrones

I think Game of Thrones episode 1 was really promising but after that it has indeed been the usual Telltale shitshow.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Come on guys, if you don't buy a console for one game it'll send the message that paid third party exclusives aren't worth doing. Think of how terrible that would be.

I'll buy a PS4 when it's like 200 bucks.

I even rerolled my rogue after a few hours (didn't realize you couldn't level up attributes later on), smooth sailing until I left Gilded Vale and got MAULED by a wolf pack and some asshole paladins fml

Maybe not, but you CAN wear equipment that grants attribute bonuses, and you CAN eat food that grants temporary attribute bonuses.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
http://bfbcs.com/pc

Players online: 1455

I noticed no hackers two or three years ago, sadly the (very good) Vietnam addon was already bordering on being dead back then.

Too bad. The Vietnam addon was great. So annoying that there aren't that many good MP-FPS left, had so much fun playing BC2, MW1, MW2 and Halo 3. Ever game since then was just meh

free mechanic escape on indigala store

I have a PS4, but cant afford videogames for a while, will get it when its 30€ or less :(

The problem with consoles is the price of the games.
We're still not at the point where there are good games in the bargain bin.
When I bought my PS3 in 2009 for Uncharted 2 I had games like Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4 and the first Uncharted at 15 euros.
There will definitely be a PS4 Uncharted bundle and at that point Bloodborne will cheap, combine that with a price drop which will probably happen towards the end of the year and that might be when I take the plunge.

MadGear

The keyboard controllers give me a headache.
ibufDCdvOT14y8.png

I like this mapping a lot, its almost identical to the one I prefer to use. The "biggest" difference to my layout is that I map Up/Jump to spacebar (similar to a Hitbox) but other than that I should be able to adapt quite easily to this. Its almost like they actually tried playing the game with a keyboard :)

Barbarian

Pillars of Eternity is incredible.

I'll post more about it as I get further into the game, but wow. As a 40yo gamer who played the original Infinity Engine games when they were cutting edge, this game really brings me back. I'm loving everything about it, even the aspects some reviews have complained about, such as the walls of text. In my opinion Obsidian fully delivered on the promises made in their kickstarter campaign.

I really hope this is the new direction for Obsidian. This is what they do best.

Dr Dogg

Woke up this morning with not internet connection. It was like being back in the dark ages. Amazing how you adapt your daily routines around a conveyance like that and when it's taken away it's like the end of the world.

...between other EU member states. Yet that hasn't stop folks thinking region locking from NA and Japan is going to be a thing of the past.

dex3108

Woke up this morning with not internet connection. It was like being back in the dark ages. Amazing how you adapt your daily routines around a conveyance like that and when it's taken away it's like the end of the world.

...between other EU member states. Yet that hasn't stop folks thinking region locking from NA and Japan is going to be a thing of the past.

Baby steps :D

Jawmuncher

Bought blood borne (already had a ps4), and the load times are trash. Waiting for a patch before I bother with it. Not to mention the frame syncing issues. It's like the most botched launch of a souls game ever. "Excluding DS PC of course"
Also the strategy guide isn't out until April 14th. Who does that?

Thank goodness I wasn't putting all my eggs into one basket when I got it.

Dr Dogg

Baby steps :D

It's going to be really hard to do to be fair. For example the terrestrial catch up TV services here are offered free to residents of the UK due to the Licence Fee we pay where as they are blocked from other countries as places like the BBC has a commercial arm BBC Worldwide who manage and sell the rights to their products on a country by country basis. This also works the other way around as some contracted shows, mostly American ones aren't available for online streaming for the same reasons as their deal is for television broadcast only. There as so many licensing deals, rights holders and contracts in place in just 1 country alone for something like TV not to mention music streaming services or the massive web of competing video streaming services not to mention the really fucking complicated sports deals (and how pissy they get when exploiting loopholes) that it's pretty much a non starter. Or worst case scenario the volume of digital content would drop significantly until single marketplace deals would be struck but that would be like fetal steps at the rate it would probably get sorted out let alone anything game wise.

Volcynika

Bought blood borne (already had a ps4), and the load times are trash. Waiting for a patch before I bother with it. Not to mention the frame syncing issues. It's like the most botched launch of a souls game ever. "Excluding DS PC of course"
Also the strategy guide isn't out until April 14th. Who does that?

Thank goodness I wasn't putting all my eggs into one basket when I got it.

The guide was delayed specifically to adjust things that were changed in the day 1 patch. Was probably too much changed that would've made the guide mostly obsolete the day of release.

Finished Zelda A Link Between Worlds, it was good, I wish there were games like that on PC. There's nothing with gameplay like that as far as I know, I mean top down view zelda style.

4 out of 5 redheads

Dr Dogg

Bleh. by the time it's out they'll have to delay again because of the next patch.

The guide that came with the Black Phantom version on Demon's Souls was pretty good and done by some of the folks at the wiki plus with it never receiving anymore patches by the time it was out over here it was stat and strat correct. Now while I own both of the Future Press Dark Souls guides they were both out of date within weeks of their release as patches started to come out. They're handy for the maps and layout as well as some interim weapon look ups and enemy strategies but they're just something to sit in my crazy Souls collection now.

Plus with those types of games it's much more rewarding to work shit out on your own I've found and better to theory craft your build and what upgrades/weapons you want to focus on with the most upto date info and with something like a rudimentary spreadsheet to get your sums worked out which a guide really isn't that great at doing being a book and all.

Finished Zelda A Link Between Worlds, it was good, I wish there were games like that on PC. There's nothing with gameplay like that as far as I know, I mean top down view zelda style.

There are very few Zelda clones, especially top down Zelda, that I've found any good let alone PC based ones. 3D Dot Game Heroes is possibly my fav.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom