• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 21:9 monitors I saw at the mall today are begging me to give them a home. I need a valid reason though. I wonder how the latest game releases stack up to them?

2560x1080.jpg

shockdude

The keyboard controllers give me a headache.
ibufDCdvOT14y8.png
That keyboard layout is much better than I expected. WASD for movement, JKL for hold/punch/kick, everything else is a macro and isn't really important. Looks really nice.
The only weird one is Throw, but Throw is just a macro for Hold+Punch, so w/e.

zkylon

zkylewd
And have an ugly bezel down the middle?

no, like, for separate use

like you can watch play games on one monitor while talk to ppl on steam or neogaf or facebook or whatever on the other monitor

that's what i did when i had two monitors and it was pretty cool

very useful also for working

shockdude

no, like, for separate use

like you can watch play games on one monitor while talk to ppl on steam or neogaf or facebook or whatever on the other monitor

that's what i did when i had two monitors and it was pretty cool

very useful also for working
My dual-monitor setup consists of a desktop monitor and my laptop rotated on its side. It's quite nice; the monitor acts as my primary screen, and the laptop simply holds extra stuff. The rotated laptop also works well for reading documents.

zkylon

zkylewd
My dual-monitor setup consists of a desktop monitor and my laptop rotated on its side. It's quite nice; the monitor acts as my primary screen, and the laptop simply holds extra stuff. The rotated laptop also works well for reading documents.
that sounds kind of silly lol

i wouldn't need another 24'', a 19'' i think would be fine as long as it's 1080p, tho it would be nicer if both were the same size

it's mostly for organizing and because sometimes when working you have like three or four programs open at the same time and it's sometimes annoying to have to alt tab through them all

Grief.exe

Those 21:9 monitors I saw at the mall today are begging me to give them a home. I need a valid reason though. I wonder how the latest game releases stack up to them?

Just ordered that Acer 1440p IPS the other night.

Going to be my stop gap for a few years until 4K OLED.

Could I please get some help using modbot? I'm new but I want to do two giveaways - one for a Wii U game, another in here for a Steam game.

I'm not sure how to giveaway something that isn't a key. :(

MUnited83

For you.
I've been following that but it seems like a key is required. My games are not keys. One's a digital gift copy for in here. :p

Send the gift copy to your own email. Copy the link on the email. Erase the part of the link that has your email. Copy and paste that where you would normally put the key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (comfypucks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-0D87C921F98AA831 - Taken by Madn. 89 entrants total.

t1427697040z1.png

The key in the giveaway is a dumby. When you win, PM me proof and we'll handle it. :)

But wouldn't the sides render off-screen regardless? In an FPS game, I'm swinging my head side to side, how is that any different from 21:9 and 16:9 when they are at the same 1440p?

I'm honestly not sure, I guess it would depend on the game. But a 21:9 image is still more rendered space than a 16:9 image, it would depend on how the game de-renders(?) objects that are off screen.

Hopefully someone that knows more than me can chime in, because I'm kind of curious too.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just don't have a key. I have a straight up gift copy. Have some faith in me, even if I am a junior. :)

yea don't worry about it, it's not a trust thing, more like weird since u were asking proof and shit

like asking proof is not necessary cos moddy tells you who won already

but yea cool giveaway

i entered tho now i kind of regret it. hopefully someone else will take it and if not i'll just get my roommate to go through the spider alien part that i'm sure this game will have

yea don't worry about it, it's not a trust thing, more like weird since u were asking proof and shit

like asking proof is not necessary cos moddy tells you who won already

but yea cool giveaway

i entered tho now i kind of regret it. hopefully someone else will take it and if not i'll just get my roommate to go through the spider alien part that i'm sure this game will have

I didn't know that modbot did that, haha

I'm gonna wait for that DX11 update then finish my playthrough too, I've played about 4 or 5 hours and it's already gotten a little long in the tooth.

Same here. I'll definitely wait for that DX11 patch to come so I can play Shadow Warrior.

You hear that, Scamco? Patch...not a separate app to be paid.

Deception

So I just got my first gaming PC and would love some games to play ;)

Just bought Alien: Isolation on Steam for $12.50 and man is PC gaming going to be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom