• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

The guide that came with the Black Phantom version on Demon's Souls was pretty good and done by some of the folks at the wiki plus with it never receiving anymore patches by the time it was out over here it was stat and strat correct. Now while I own both of the Future Press Dark Souls guides they were both out of date within weeks of their release as patches started to come out. They're handy for the maps and layout as well as some interim weapon look ups and enemy strategies but they're just something to sit in my crazy Souls collection now.

Plus with those types of games it's much more rewarding to work shit out on your own I've found and better to theory craft your build and what upgrades/weapons you want to focus on with the most upto date info and with something like a rudimentary spreadsheet to get your sums worked out which a guide really isn't that great at doing being a book and all.

There are very few Zelda clones, especially top down Zelda, that I've found any good let alone PC based ones. 3D Dot Game Heroes is possibly my fav.

I really just use them to know where to go. I absolutely hate getting lost. That and to quickly look up what something is. I never play serious enough that I need to mess with stats or anything else. I don't even do new game plus.

Teppic

Finished Zelda A Link Between Worlds, it was good, I wish there were games like that on PC. There's nothing with gameplay like that as far as I know, I mean top down view zelda style.

4 out of 5 redheads
Anodyne is somewhat decent, but nothing awesome like ALBW. Ittle Dew I've tried, but I didn't like it.

Lomax

There are very few Zelda clones, especially top down Zelda, that I've found any good let alone PC based ones. 3D Dot Game Heroes is possibly my fav.

Yeah, we really need more top down Zelda clones, I keep hoping it will be the next indie trend. The Binding of Isaac clones are a nice start but well done hand crafted puzzles and combat without arbitrary difficulty still isn't very common.

Anodyne is somewhat decent, but nothing awesome like ALBW. Ittle Dew I've tried, but I didn't like it.

Anodyne went just too far into pointlessly weird for my taste. And the hardest "puzzles" were just interactive objects that I just assumed were background objects. I loved Ittle Dew, but that's because I liked the puzzling, I can understand someone wanting Zelda combat not being that fond of it. I'm liking A Wizard's Lizard quite a lot, but it's definitely a BoI clone more than Zelda. I have my eye on Oceanhorn and will probably grab it during the summer sale.

Titan Souls is a $10 release so that explains some of my concerns over the duration of the game. Totally fine with it at that price point. The achievements are meant to be quite weird and hard according to their twitter. Two weeks left.

Teppic

Yeah, we really need more top down Zelda clones, I keep hoping it will be the next indie trend. The Binding of Isaac clones are a nice start but well done hand crafted puzzles and combat without arbitrary difficulty still isn't very common.

Anodyne went just too far into pointlessly weird for my taste. And the hardest "puzzles" were just interactive objects that I just assumed were background objects. I loved Ittle Dew, but that's because I liked the puzzling, I can understand someone wanting Zelda combat not being that fond of it. I'm liking A Wizard's Lizard quite a lot, but it's definitely a BoI clone more than Zelda. I have my eye on Oceanhorn and will probably grab it during the summer sale.
Agree about the pointless weird. Also too much filler content with screens that served no purpose.

Another game I liked is God of Thunder. Freeware DOS game which plays a bit like a crossover of Zelda and Lolo.
http://www.adeptsoftware.com/got/

maty

Finished Zelda A Link Between Worlds, it was good, I wish there were games like that on PC. There's nothing with gameplay like that as far as I know, I mean top down view zelda style.

4 out of 5 redheads

ALBW is great. Finished it a month ago along with Link's Awakening.

3D Dot Gamer Heroes being 3rd party could have easily been released on PC. Shame it wasn't. I'd love to play it.

I do have Alundra in my backlog and heard it was really good. Maybe it's time to turn my ps3 on after 2 years.

Anodyne is really weird not sure if I like as well. Ittle Dew was great specially when beating it with only 2 items instead of all 3.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
j8bDLu6.jpg

zZTyGTf.jpg

I ... just .... ummm ... WHAT?!?

in what way is that bit of text SO INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE?!? O_O
could someone please explain that to me?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
j8bDLu6.jpg

zZTyGTf.jpg

How is that not incredibly offensive towards trans people? It's literally about a guy who killed himself after sleeping with a trans man.

Is the Dawn of War 2: Master Collection at £9.99 a good package for just the base game and significant DLCs/expansions? Or is it worth just going for the Grand Master Collection at £13.74?

Have no intention to play multiplayer btw

Y'all better get a PS4 for Bloodborne. After a shitload of hours and yet to play Chalice Dungeons and finish the story:

Bloodborne > Demon's Souls >> Dark Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dark Souls 2

But... I will still upgrade to Scholars on PC cause I still like Souls 2.
Good to hear BB is good but as with almost all games I think it is better advised to wait till the "honeymoon" is over. Fair criticism usually takes a bit time to arise.

I still plan on getting BB and a PS4 obviously but at a much lazer time.
The problem with consoles is the price of the games.
We're still not at the point where there are good games in the bargain bin.
When I bought my PS3 in 2009 for Uncharted 2 I had games like Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4 and the first Uncharted at 15 euros.
There will definitely be a PS4 Uncharted bundle and at that point Bloodborne will cheap, combine that with a price drop which will probably happen towards the end of the year and that might be when I take the plunge.
Yup, you hit the nail on its head. PS4 and Xbone are plently great imo performance-wise but it's the games that count. There are good deals and sales for consoles bur from when I did a bit research there really is nothing better than PC gaming in terms of price.

Good to hear BB is good but as with almost all games I think it is better advised to wait till the "honeymoon" is over. Fair criticism usually takes a bit time to arise.

I still plan on getting BB and a PS4 obviously but at a much lazer time.

Yup, you hit the nail on its head. PS4 and Xbone are plently great imo performance-wise but it's the games that count. There are good deals and sales for consoles bur from when I did a bit research there really is nothing better than PC gaming in terms of price.
No veggie, get a Wii U instead, pls :(

About lashy's post. Be careful people. Really easy to get banned on that topic. I am looking at you prinny. Better edut your whole comment out.

Just because it is a forum doesn't mean you can write anything without consequences.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought blood borne (already had a ps4), and the load times are trash. Waiting for a patch before I bother with it. Not to mention the frame syncing issues. It's like the most botched launch of a souls game ever. "Excluding DS PC of course"
Also the strategy guide isn't out until April 14th. Who does that?

Thank goodness I wasn't putting all my eggs into one basket when I got it.

I played a bit of it tonight... but then my mates noticed the Abe icon and next thing I know I'm doing an awful job of saving mudkins.

Lomax

ALBW is great. Finished it a month ago along with Link's Awakening.

3D Dot Gamer Heroes being 3rd party could have easily been released on PC. Shame it wasn't. I'd love to play it.

I do have Alundra in my backlog and heard it was really good. Maybe it's time to turn my ps3 on after 2 years.

Anodyne is really weird not sure if I like as well. Ittle Dew was great specially when beating it with only 2 items instead of all 3.

I really need to go back to Ittle Dew and do the alternate routes, it's been a while since I played it so it will be more fresh to me. I remember thinking 3D Dot Game Heroes looked pretty great, maybe it will get one of those random late ports we seem to be seeing more of these days.

j8bDLu6.jpg

zZTyGTf.jpg

It's funny, and it's obviously offensive. And it's pretty surprising that Obsidian would be dumb enough to include something like that in this day and age.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is the Dawn of War 2: Master Collection at £9.99 a good package for just the base game and significant DLCs/expansions? Or is it worth just going for the Grand Master Collection at £13.74?

Have no intention to play multiplayer btw

Everything added by the Grand Master Collection is cosmetics. Unless you really want to customize your Space Marines for comp stomp skirmishes, you should be fine with the Master Collection.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Machine Escape -- MB-07FA6B30E6591F7C - Taken by Loptous

Messiah

RE6. Ada's campaign. Well... er... the entire submarine section. That's all I need to say.

That bossfight was one of the most disturbing things I encountered in a game. And it came out of nowhere as well.

Edit: Oh wait, submarine. I was thinking of a different section.

rtcn63

I never actually finished Ada's campaign the first time around, stopped somewhere in Tall Oaks. I'm guessing you're referring to
Carla?

Messiah

I never actually finished Ada's campaign the first time around, stopped somewhere in Tall Oaks. I'm guessing you're referring to
Carla?

Yes. RE6 Leon + Ada Campaign Spoilers:
That whole boat section was so weird and then you shoot your way through a giant face. Resident Evil 6 is a great game. My favourite boss remains Simmons though with his ridiculous amount of phases.

I'm more partial to Sherry. We're about the same age, it's good.
Sherry is the best.
Especially her alt costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom