• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

Welcome to the SteamGAF Academy Signup!

Signed! This seems really interesting.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

What the fuck is this? - A Visual Novel/Kinetic Novel project being undertaken by yours truly.

What, seriously? - Yes. I am writing out fanfiction for our community and making it a game thing.

i1NWfo0IadHqv.gif
i1Dh16UP0f2RW.gif

What do I need to do? - Click on this link to be taken to the form you'll need to fill out. Some of the questions are optional, so don't sweat it if you only want to put in the first two bits of info! I will be accepting submissions until next Thursday, which gives everyone a week to get their name in the hat.

t1426183200z1.png

I already filled in my submission, but I wanted to add/change something! - PM me the change you want made so that I can make the edit myself, since the submission form doesn't seem to want to let me enable self-edits.

Please feel free to quote for visibility. I will be posting this every now and then to assure SteamGAFers from all regions have the chance to join.

ADDENDUM:

greenlight_browse_logo.jpg

There's been talk about submitting the game to Steam Greenlight even for the laughs of it. While I think this would be a hilarious meta-step for SteamGAF, I am a bit concerned about the legal ramifications of the sheer blatant copyright infringement I'd be committing by using everyone's avatars and background images stolen from Google Image Search. I don't know if I want to run the risk of getting my Steam account community banned for breaching any of the submission rules, which I suppose I could bypass entirely by making a new Steam account to submit the game with.

So here's my thought on this: We could still do Greenlight, and a few have offered to cover parts of the $100 submission fee to see it done. In order for me to feel safe about going through with it, I would want to have our own art in place. Should any SteamGAFer wish to step up to the plate, we'd be looking at quite a lot of small character portraits at 100x120 and a bunch of backgrounds at 800x600. We could even have a collaborative effort between multiple artists to split the work up. You would all be credited as appropriate, and I think it would go a long way to making this game look and feel even better. Feel free to get in contact with me via PM if you're interested!

If you need some art or music assistance, feel free to message me. I have practiced doing music a lot the last year for a project I'm working on, and recently I've been working with an artist that's teamed-up with me who's very open to getting practice in right now to doodle whatever, she's been very helpful. I also have a friend I've known for 10 years who wouldn't mind doing some music either if I asked him for it.

Submitted my character thing, you can use my avatar as it is a quick sketch of an original character done quickly, here's the full-res version of it:

I also think we should include GAF-tan (or whatever her name was) we had a while ago. I know we had a few sketches of her in SteamGAF a few threads ago, I still have this quick doodle on hand:

But there were much, much better sketches of her, I just for some reason still have that one. XD;

There might be GAF artists here who will offer to help, but I can post Rincs stuff if we need anything substantial, though she and I are working on a few things right now.

I have a few small doodles of hers on hand for things we've worked on in spare time, she's done a lot of quick conceptualization with me, all of these were quick sketches she did in like, 10-30 minutes

She works fast, can do better but those are her quick concept sketches. Been very grateful to her.

I can make some quick original music, but a few I have on hand you are free to use if you want, most of what I make is (maybe unsurprisingly) for horror ambient stuff, for a school sim I don't have much on hand but could probably make some quick stuff if needed. Here's a few tracks that -might- work? If you want any of them, you can feel free to use them. It might be better if I make new stuff though as most weren't made for a silly high school setting. XD;

And they all loop!

Car Troubles
Crystalize
Circus
Stony Stone Tower Attempt 1
Stony Stone Tower Attempt 2
Friends
Puzzle of the Heart
Embrace Me
Never End (aided by a friend of mine, Miyuki)

Those are just old things for old spare-time projects of mine I'm not using for anything and don't mind others using, but how fitting they may be is questionable. I'll see if I can whip anything up if needed.

Lomax

So, can anyone clue me in on why Gem prices have jumped up? I've been super busy this week and was pretty surprised to see my bags priced at a dollar had sold.

derExperte

So, can anyone clue me in on why Gem prices have jumped up? I've been super busy this week and was pretty surprised to see my bags priced at a dollar had sold.

demand > supply

You can only get gems by gem'ifying items and apparently people have run out of old stuff while the influx through crafting is below that.

Jawmuncher

Why is GAF-tan a nazi? Why is there no sowjet or girlscout GAF-tan? :/

The game needs to be banned in Germany obviously.
Well, I just bought Goat Simulator. I'm not even sure why because it doesn't really look like my kind of game.

I played about 15 minutes of it. It's fun to goof around but it's really defendant on how much you like to do that.
I loose focus pretty quick with no real goal so I lost interest pretty quick. Heard it can be a lot of fun with friends though.

Mr. Doop

I played about 15 minutes of it. It's fun to goof around but it's really defendant on how much you like to do that.
I loose focus pretty quick with no real goal so I lost interest pretty quick. Heard it can be a lot of fun with friends though.

Yeah, that's what I heard. My brother keeps telling me it it's hilarious, but we have really different senses of humor. I won't be able to try it out until later anyway.

Sarcasm

I get such spotty random performance with Valkyria Chronicles.

Crashes for no reason. Like right now I can't load my save.

Lomax

demand > supply

You can only get gems by gem'ifying items and apparently people have run out of old stuff while the influx through crafting is below that.

Except it doesn't make sense for there to be any demand at these prices, booster prices don't really support gem prices this high.

derExperte

But there are lots of goals, you get 'missions' all the time or things to collect. Granted at first it's basic stuff but some is challenging. Just running through all three areas takes a while. And eventually you want all achievements.

Except it doesn't make sense for there to be any demand at these prices, booster prices don't really support gem prices this high.

Don't know. The market is very volatile at the moment, it will probably stabilize at a lower prize soon. Or something else is going on.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
If you need some art or music assistance, feel free to message me. I have practiced doing music a lot the last year for a project I'm working on, and recently I've been working with an artist that's teamed-up with me who's very open to getting practice in right now to doodle whatever, she's been very helpful. I also have a friend I've known for 10 years who wouldn't mind doing some music either if I asked him for it.

Submitted my character thing, you can use my avatar as it is a quick sketch of an original character done quickly, here's the full-res version of it:

I also think we should include GAF-tan (or whatever her name was) we had a while ago. I know we had a few sketches of her in SteamGAF a few threads ago, I still have this quick doodle on hand:

But there were much, much better sketches of her, I just for some reason still have that one. XD;

There might be GAF artists here who will offer to help, but I can post Rincs stuff if we need anything substantial, though she and I are working on a few things right now.

I can make some quick original music, but a few I have on hand you are free to use if you want, most of what I make is (maybe unsurprisingly) for horror ambient stuff, for a school sim I don't have much on hand but could probably make some quick stuff if needed. Here's a few tracks that -might- work? If you want any of them, you can feel free to use them. It might be better if I make new stuff though as most weren't made for a silly high school setting. XD;

And they all loop!

Car Troubles
Crystalize
Circus
Stony Stone Tower Attempt 1
Stony Stone Tower Attempt 2
Friends
Puzzle of the Heart
Embrace Me
Never End (aided by a friend of mine, Miyuki)

Those are just old things for old spare-time projects of mine I'm not using for anything and don't mind others using, but how fitting they may be is questionable. I'll see if I can whip anything up if needed.

I really like the sound of the clips you posted! I'm not sure if any quite fit the few scenes I have sketched out so far, but I think that overall style could work well once scenes are more nailed down and there's an idea of what sort of backing track should be there! Audio was something I had completely forgotten about until about an hour ago, so I'm really glad you're willing to help there. Takes a huge load of worry off of me for a bit @_@

Also, if your friends wish to participate, I would love to have them join in! Depending on the kind of response we get from other GAF artists or your friends, I'll have to think about how strong of a singular style I wish to enforce for backgrounds or if I'd be okay with letting each artist have their way a little. There's gonna be a lot of avatars to draw out (though some are already done thanks to some early submissions!) but hopefully we can get enough on board so that this won't be too hefty a job for any one person. I will absolutely be in touch!

I'd forgotten about GAF-tan, though I only have a vague recollection of what spawned her. Good call, though! Hopefully we can find out where she started from so I can get a good frame for what brought her about.

Arthea

have you checked Nep Nep prices? Some support that price allright.
I'm not even kidding, prices steadily went up from the day Nep Nep appeared, it's true (><)

Chariot

Because why not? But I know there were several sketches of her a few Steam threads back, that was all I had on hand.
I was joking, she surely ian't a nazi. Although sowjet GAF-tan would be funny.

The game needs to be banned in Germany obviously.
I always wondered if you could make a game where you play a nazi as long as there are not the primary nazi symbols. Like some bully who smashes foreigners, old people and leftwingers.

Full agreement.

Arthea

Damn. Nuveem locked down Pillars of Eternity pre-orders, guess I'll have to use a VPN if I want to get it now.

now I'm afraid to check if my preoder is still go or already cancelled, but I have to *sighs*

edited: It seems I'm locked out from Humble Bundle for making too many purchases, whatever that means. Did it happen to anybody else? Is this lock permanent? It's already almost a week.
edit2: to clarify, I bought some gifts and then I got locked, after 3-4 I think.

Lomax

Don't know. The market is very volatile at the moment, it will probably stabilize at a lower prize soon. Or something else is going on.

have you checked Nep Nep prices? Some support that price allright.
I'm not even kidding, prices steadily went up from the day Nep Nep appeared, it's true (><)

Hmmm, I guess that would make sense. It seemed like a sudden spike to me but looking at it closer I guess it has been more gradual over the past couple of weeks, just with a lot of jumping around. Spring break can't get here soon enough, I've just been much too busy x.x

pahamrick

You need to use Hola as usually, I think.

Yeah, probably. It let me add it to the cart earlier in the week, but I didn't have the funds in paypal yet. Now that I do, it gave the error that its not for purchase in my area. Hola worked, as usual.

now I'm afraid to check if my preoder is still go or already cancelled, but I have to *sighs*

I don't see why they'd cancel existing pre-orders, or have they done so before?

Deques

edited: It seems I'm locked out from Humble Bundle for making too many purchases, whatever that means. Did it happen to anybody else? Is this lock permanent? It's already almost a week.
edit2: to clarify, I bought some gifts and then I got locked, after 3-4 I think.

Are you buying multiple of the current weekly just get all the Influent languages? :p

There are a shit ton of games on sale right now. Is there some event or something?

SteamOS sale

Arthea

Are you buying multiple of the current weekly just get all the Influent languages? :p

These were legitimate gifts!
I only asked for those who don't want Influent give me back a key with certain language chosen (><)

and now I'm locked out (._.)

Yeah, it happened to me when I bought the first SE bundle too (I I bought two copies total, not something a massive amount of copies).
After the first copy I bought, HB refused my Paypal giving me the same message you received. Doing a checkout with Amazon worked, anyway.
I also contacted HB about this, and they told me this not depend from them, is the system that works this way :S

when it lifted, lockdown I mean?

edited: my preoder seems to be OK still, phewww

This cretin right here, Dark Spirit hi? They are the worst of cowards.

They invaded me once, while I was trying to Vengeance invade, and I got rid of them easy peasy. Vengeanced some fools, got back to my own world, and not too long after, they show up again. And again, I dispatch them with ease. I figure they're just spamming invades, so I reset the timer, and sure enough, they invade seconds later.
I feel kind of bad as I destroy them a couple more times, so I'll try to be a little more sportsman-like, to give them a better chance. I go shield-less, and I don't set my sword on fire. Now, a few fights in, they're a little more cautious, I get cocky, and they kill me. Reset the timer, they invade, and this time we're familiar with the other's fighting style. I beat on them pretty bad, and they run off, obviously to heal. But they run behind a Silver Knight, which I unwittingly draw the attention of. They take advantage of this, and both of them wail on me, and end me. So much for a sporting bout.
This happens a couple more times, and now I decide to take out the Knight before I let this clown invade me again. Reset the timer, comes in like clockwork, I'm fuckin' them up, and they're thinking they've got the knight as backup again... Nope, outta luck pal. They're frantic, they can't take another hit, they try poisoning me, try pyromancy... All for naught. I strike them down with great vengeance and furious anger. They invade maybe 5-6 more times, and each time I cut through them like a hot knife through butter. They do manage to get a couple decent hits on me, but I remain vigilant and merciless, and nothing can save this poor soul's life. They keel over in defeat yet again, and I prepare for another invasion, I reset the timer and wait. But no one comes.

Finally... Dark Spirit hi has ceased invading me.

They are a coward. They are not sporting, they are cheap and weak. I hope they learned their lesson, and I hope their many deaths gave them as much grief as they gave me joy.

Arthea

Umh, did you read my message or am I in your ignore list? :p
If you checkout with Google or Amazon you can buy another copy. Or anyway a payment method different from the one you used.

Lockdown doesn't lift, it's related to your payment methond. If you used Paypal, you can't buy more copies using Paypal, but you should be able to buy another using Amazon or Google.

wait... it doesn't lift ever? I won't be able to use paypal anymore? you do you mean for this particular bundle?

Rapstah

It'll keep trying to connect to the online features of the hub city in the main menu (whether the full MMO lobby, or the one filled with player-created NPCs) and in worst cases will try to do that almost forever without giving up properly. There are too many players for the servers to handle

You can stop this with Steam's offline mode, but then you'd be giving up the actual multiplayer functions, which work more or less as intended

If you want to play immediately in offline lobby without trying your luck and have co-op quests and PvP available, disconnect your internet for a few seconds and reconnect once in the offline lobby.

Thanks for the information, I'll stay off buying it for a while to see what happens.

Derp

i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

What the fuck is this? - A Visual Novel/Kinetic Novel project being undertaken by yours truly.

What, seriously? - Yes. I am writing out fanfiction for our community and making it a game thing.

i1NWfo0IadHqv.gif
i1Dh16UP0f2RW.gif

What do I need to do? - Click on this link to be taken to the form you'll need to fill out. Some of the questions are optional, so don't sweat it if you only want to put in the first two bits of info! I will be accepting submissions until next Thursday, which gives everyone a week to get their name in the hat.

t1426183200z1.png

I already filled in my submission, but I wanted to add/change something! - PM me the change you want made so that I can make the edit myself, since the submission form doesn't seem to want to let me enable self-edits.

Please feel free to quote for visibility. I will be posting this every now and then to assure SteamGAFers from all regions have the chance to join.

ADDENDUM:

greenlight_browse_logo.jpg

There's been talk about submitting the game to Steam Greenlight even for the laughs of it. While I think this would be a hilarious meta-step for SteamGAF, I am a bit concerned about the legal ramifications of the sheer blatant copyright infringement I'd be committing by using everyone's avatars and background images stolen from Google Image Search. I don't know if I want to run the risk of getting my Steam account community banned for breaching any of the submission rules, which I suppose I could bypass entirely by making a new Steam account to submit the game with. Even though the game would be free to download via Steam, I'm sure that won't stop the copyright hounds from wanting to have a word with us about it.

So here's my thought on this: We could still do Greenlight, and a few have offered to cover parts of the $100 submission fee to see it done. In order for me to feel safe about going through with it, I would want to have our own art in place. Should any SteamGAFer wish to step up to the plate, we'd be looking at quite a lot of small character portraits at 100x120 and a bunch of backgrounds at 800x600. We could even have a collaborative effort between multiple artists to split the work up. You would all be credited as appropriate, and I think it would go a long way to making this game look and feel even better. Feel free to get in contact with me via PM if you're interested!
Yes please! Every novel needs a derp somewhere!

Is the favorite joke something that happened only here in SteamGAF? Because the only thing that I remembered laughing very hard was when someone failed in his yoga class. Shame I don't know the month and thread when it happened.

I actually want the legendary Eightbitnate thread of green means noise thread but I didn't enter that since it was an offtopic thread.

Arthea

For this particular bundle :)

It seems like poor business decision, wouldn't they sell much more bundles without such restriction? And said restriction has to be limited to bundles only, because I bought many more than 3 gifts of certain discounted games from their store.

resident evil 5 is on sale , does that mean that the game is not using GFWL now or the transition to steamworks will be done later??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom