• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Fuck, the inconsistent naming of RE4 through 6 in the bundle is enough to make me not want to buy either of the games:
resident evil 4 / biohazard 4, Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6, Resident Evil™ 5/ Biohazard 5®

Haunted

Fuck, the inconsistent naming of RE4 through 6 in the bundle is enough to make me not want to buy either of the games:
Don't take a look at the way the games are ordered in the Steam library.

Just like AC, it's terrifying for people with OCD.

MUnited83

For you.
i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

Welcome to the SteamGAF Academy Signup!

What the fuck is this? - A Visual Novel/Kinetic Novel project being undertaken by yours truly.

What, seriously? - Yes. I am writing out fanfiction for our community and making it a game thing.

i1NWfo0IadHqv.gif
i1Dh16UP0f2RW.gif

What do I need to do? - Click on this link to be taken to the form you'll need to fill out. Some of the questions are optional, so don't sweat it if you only want to put in the first two bits of info! I will be accepting submissions until next Thursday, which gives everyone a week to get their name in the hat.

t1426183200z1.png

I already filled in my submission, but I wanted to add/change something! - PM me the change you want made so that I can make the edit myself, since the submission form doesn't seem to want to let me enable self-edits.

Please feel free to quote for visibility. I will be posting this every now and then to assure SteamGAFers from all regions have the chance to join.

ADDENDUM:

greenlight_browse_logo.jpg

There's been talk about submitting the game to Steam Greenlight even for the laughs of it. While I think this would be a hilarious meta-step for SteamGAF, I am a bit concerned about the legal ramifications of the sheer blatant copyright infringement I'd be committing by using everyone's avatars and background images stolen from Google Image Search. I don't know if I want to run the risk of getting my Steam account community banned for breaching any of the submission rules, which I suppose I could bypass entirely by making a new Steam account to submit the game with. Even though the game would be free to download via Steam, I'm sure that won't stop the copyright hounds from wanting to have a word with us about it.

So here's my thought on this: We could still do Greenlight, and a few have offered to cover parts of the $100 submission fee to see it done. In order for me to feel safe about going through with it, I would want to have our own art in place. Should any SteamGAFer wish to step up to the plate, we'd be looking at quite a lot of small character portraits at 100x120 and a bunch of backgrounds at 800x600. We could even have a collaborative effort between multiple artists to split the work up. You would all be credited as appropriate, and I think it would go a long way to making this game look and feel even better. Feel free to get in contact with me via PM if you're interested!
I think the game should have a price of a few cents at least, so we can put trading cards on it :p

Damn it... I now want Cities Skylines. I'm so weak.

Ok, should I buy the normal or the deluxe edition? uhm....

I don't think the extras are worth an extra 10€.

It's supposedly 5 monuments from around the world ( Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, Brandenburg Gate, Arc de Triomphe, Grand central terminal ), soundtrack and digital artbook

milena87

I don't think the extras are worth an extra 10€.

It's supposedly 5 monuments from around the world ( Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, Brandenburg Gate, Arc de Triomphe, Grand central terminal ), soundtrack and digital artbook

The soundtrack is almost tempting, but I guess I'll go with the standard edition then.

If one of those monuments were the Colosseo I might have bought it :p
It would have been a great addition to my fine city.

Copons

The soundtrack is almost tempting, but I guess I'll go with the standard edition then.

If one of those monuments were the Colosseo I might have bought it :p
It would have been a great addition to my fine city.

If one of those monuments were the Colosseo, I'd have started throwing cash toward the devs 2 years ago just to show my support.

Still, that Brandenburger Tor would look so awesome to separate the East and West sides of my city. :(

Also why it seems that every time I open this thread there's someone talking about Cities Skylines?
WHY?
WHY I SAID?
I guess it's lashman's fault. Man that guy is evil.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
If one of those monuments were the Colosseo, I'd have started throwing cash toward the devs 2 years ago just to show my support.

Still, that Brandenburger Tor would look so awesome to separate the East and West sides of my city. :(

Also why it seems that every time I open this thread there's someone talking about Cities Skylines?
WHY?
WHY I SAID?
I guess it's lashman's fault. Man that guy is evil.

image.php

need I say more? ;)

Just finished the first episode of Republique Remastered, the stealth gameplay is very basic and unchallenging so far. Guard patrol routes are extremely predictable and rigid, avoiding them is a piece of cake. The 1984-esque facility setting is semi-interesting though, and I'm surprised a mobile game could afford so many big time voice actors.

Pupo

i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

Welcome to the SteamGAF Academy Signup!

What the fuck is this? - A Visual Novel/Kinetic Novel project being undertaken by yours truly.

What, seriously? - Yes. I am writing out fanfiction for our community and making it a game thing.

i1NWfo0IadHqv.gif
i1Dh16UP0f2RW.gif

What do I need to do? - Click on this link to be taken to the form you'll need to fill out. Some of the questions are optional, so don't sweat it if you only want to put in the first two bits of info! I will be accepting submissions until next Thursday, which gives everyone a week to get their name in the hat.

t1426183200z1.png

I already filled in my submission, but I wanted to add/change something! - PM me the change you want made so that I can make the edit myself, since the submission form doesn't seem to want to let me enable self-edits.

Please feel free to quote for visibility. I will be posting this every now and then to assure SteamGAFers from all regions have the chance to join.

ADDENDUM:

greenlight_browse_logo.jpg

There's been talk about submitting the game to Steam Greenlight even for the laughs of it. While I think this would be a hilarious meta-step for SteamGAF, I am a bit concerned about the legal ramifications of the sheer blatant copyright infringement I'd be committing by using everyone's avatars and background images stolen from Google Image Search. I don't know if I want to run the risk of getting my Steam account community banned for breaching any of the submission rules, which I suppose I could bypass entirely by making a new Steam account to submit the game with. Even though the game would be free to download via Steam, I'm sure that won't stop the copyright hounds from wanting to have a word with us about it.

So here's my thought on this: We could still do Greenlight, and a few have offered to cover parts of the $100 submission fee to see it done. In order for me to feel safe about going through with it, I would want to have our own art in place. Should any SteamGAFer wish to step up to the plate, we'd be looking at quite a lot of small character portraits at 100x120 and a bunch of backgrounds at 800x600. We could even have a collaborative effort between multiple artists to split the work up. You would all be credited as appropriate, and I think it would go a long way to making this game look and feel even better. Feel free to get in contact with me via PM if you're interested!

There's no word in my english vocabulary to express what I think about this. But I can say one thing, this is amazing =d

Tizoc

We dont beed gaf tan
There are enough moeslut/loliwhore mascots
I say the be gafman and it b modeled after bish

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Can I be part horse part girl who looks about ten years old but is actually a 3000 year old demon? Of course I should have an older brother too, for possible plot developments if you know what I mean.

Ban Puncher

Will there be tsunderes?

Will there be yanderes?

Will there be a pre-order body pillow and individual Gaffer specific molded onaholes?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol, just seen this.

hh.jpg

lol awesome! I noticed that my Steam account finally got scanned, now I'm up to 1,197,595 points which puts me in 24th place around here which is not bad.

Nabs

These numbers aren't official or anything, but lots of good data here:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/steam-gauge-measuring-the-most-popular-steam-games-of-2014/3/

Dark Souls II: 964,266
Goat Sim: 1,478,519
Isaac Rebirth: 778,310
Divinity: 802,315
Valkyria: 210,299
FFXIII: 327,959
Trails: 107,516

Ethan Carter: 155,865
Lethal League: 128,141
Hatoful Boyfriend: 85,878
Lovely Planet: 86,554
Ikaruga: 52,406
Talos: 61,196

Yo, Japan... we totally fuck with you. Please release more games on Steam.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Started playing Tomb Raider the other day and while there's certainly some stuff to enjoy GREAT SCOTT what an awfull camera.
I get it, it wants to be gritty. She's doing the survival thing. But it's a damn videogame, there's no reason for that thing to constantly be shaking. Ugh.

Talking about shaking, Lara's doing that a lot, and it's getting in the way of me enjoying the game. She's moaning and out of breath with almost every step which almost made me turn the volume down, which is a shame, since the ambient audio is amazing.
Five Element Ninja called the game a "Lara Croft Torture Simulator" and, well, that sounds about right. It's not even scary or sad anymore, it's exorbitant and gross. Ye can mostly blame the horrible script for that, though.

...And I really enjoyed some of Lara's past adventure's, so i'm still a bit sour about the direction they've taken. :p

It does look pretty, and some of the level-design is really great. I'm enjoying the fun exploration, neat collectibles (except for those tiny GPS Caches) and simple, fun platforming. But there's a whole lot standing in the way of my enjoyment.

The island feels a bit like a mix between Lian-Yu and the island from Lost, and the emphasis on the bow gives it an even bigger Arrow vibe, so that's cool.

/minddump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom