• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigby

Soon...

steam10wtubx.jpg

What about that white ring? Level < 10

Would not add.

jk

guys, whats is my favorite in-joke or moment of steamgaf?

The time that you, Potsie and Ralph Malph wanted to get up to some hijinks with the Fonz, but then Mrs. Cunningham reminded you of your responsibilities, so then you all pitched in together and worked, learning the power of friendship and community?

Good times in SteamGAF, I tell you.

i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

Welcome to the SteamGAF Academy Signup!

What the fuck is this? - A Visual Novel/Kinetic Novel project being undertaken by yours truly.

What, seriously? - Yes. I am writing out fanfiction for our community and making it a game thing.

i1NWfo0IadHqv.gif
i1Dh16UP0f2RW.gif

What do I need to do? - Click on this link to be taken to the form you'll need to fill out. Some of the questions are optional, so don't sweat it if you only want to put in the first two bits of info! I will be accepting submissions until next Thursday, which gives everyone a week to get their name in the hat.

t1426183200z1.png

I already filled in my submission, but I wanted to add/change something! - PM me the change you want made so that I can make the edit myself, since the submission form doesn't seem to want to let me enable self-edits.

Please feel free to quote for visibility. I will be posting this every now and then to assure SteamGAFers from all regions have the chance to join.

ADDENDUM:

greenlight_browse_logo.jpg

There's been talk about submitting the game to Steam Greenlight even for the laughs of it. While I think this would be a hilarious meta-step for SteamGAF, I am a bit concerned about the legal ramifications of the sheer blatant copyright infringement I'd be committing by using everyone's avatars and background images stolen from Google Image Search. I don't know if I want to run the risk of getting my Steam account community banned for breaching any of the submission rules, which I suppose I could bypass entirely by making a new Steam account to submit the game with. Even though the game would be free to download via Steam, I'm sure that won't stop the copyright hounds from wanting to have a word with us about it.

So here's my thought on this: We could still do Greenlight, and a few have offered to cover parts of the $100 submission fee to see it done. In order for me to feel safe about going through with it, I would want to have our own art in place. Should any SteamGAFer wish to step up to the plate, we'd be looking at quite a lot of small character portraits at 100x120 and a bunch of backgrounds at 800x600. We could even have a collaborative effort between multiple artists to split the work up. You would all be credited as appropriate, and I think it would go a long way to making this game look and feel even better. Feel free to get in contact with me via PM if you're interested!

I have been out of this thread far too long. What's going on here.

iosefe

The time that you, Potsie and Ralph Malph wanted to get up to some hijinks with the Fonz, but then Mrs. Cunningham reminded you of your responsibilities, so then you all pitched in together and worked, learning the power of friendship and community?

Good times in SteamGAF, I tell you.

such happy days

New Bundlestars bundle:
  • Enemy Front
  • Space Rangers HD: A War Apart
  • Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
  • 10 Years After
  • Reprisal Universe
  • Samudai
  • Boid
  • Blitzkrieg Anthology
  • Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology
  • Redline
$4.99
Had to double-check my eyes.. ENEMY FRONT ??? For 5,44&#8364;?
Wait, why is it more expensive in Europe? Bundlestars usually is pretty fair with regional pricing :/

That is a sweet bundle, wow!
Here's a snippet of the Portal VR demo they showed off

http://a.pomf.se/ggbwxs.webm
Looks alright. Standard VR only with a very detailed objects.
What is important is a good control mechanic. The move-like controllers are very interesting. A glove would be the best though.
i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

Welcome to the SteamGAF Academy Signup!

What the fuck is this? - A Visual Novel/Kinetic Novel project being undertaken by yours truly.

What, seriously? - Yes. I am writing out fanfiction for our community and making it a game thing.

i1NWfo0IadHqv.gif
i1Dh16UP0f2RW.gif

What do I need to do? - Click on this link to be taken to the form you'll need to fill out. Some of the questions are optional, so don't sweat it if you only want to put in the first two bits of info! I will be accepting submissions until next Thursday, which gives everyone a week to get their name in the hat.

t1426183200z1.png

I already filled in my submission, but I wanted to add/change something! - PM me the change you want made so that I can make the edit myself, since the submission form doesn't seem to want to let me enable self-edits.

Please feel free to quote for visibility. I will be posting this every now and then to assure SteamGAFers from all regions have the chance to join.

ADDENDUM:

greenlight_browse_logo.jpg

There's been talk about submitting the game to Steam Greenlight even for the laughs of it. While I think this would be a hilarious meta-step for SteamGAF, I am a bit concerned about the legal ramifications of the sheer blatant copyright infringement I'd be committing by using everyone's avatars and background images stolen from Google Image Search. I don't know if I want to run the risk of getting my Steam account community banned for breaching any of the submission rules, which I suppose I could bypass entirely by making a new Steam account to submit the game with. Even though the game would be free to download via Steam, I'm sure that won't stop the copyright hounds from wanting to have a word with us about it.

So here's my thought on this: We could still do Greenlight, and a few have offered to cover parts of the $100 submission fee to see it done. In order for me to feel safe about going through with it, I would want to have our own art in place. Should any SteamGAFer wish to step up to the plate, we'd be looking at quite a lot of small character portraits at 100x120 and a bunch of backgrounds at 800x600. We could even have a collaborative effort between multiple artists to split the work up. You would all be credited as appropriate, and I think it would go a long way to making this game look and feel even better. Feel free to get in contact with me via PM if you're interested!
That's a lot of effort you put into this. Looking funny :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The only thing I already had from the new Bundle Stars bundle. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Enemy Front -- MB-A8F5F9325B9154F1 - Taken by Nabs. 18 entrants total.

t1425574684z1.png

Still can't play Raid mode without crashing in RER2 :/

Enter Raid Mode, go to your network connections, disable your network adapter, go back to Rev2, wait until the game tells you that your connection is off, say "no" to the retry connection prompt, ok to the next prompt. Then you can go back to the network connections stuff and enable your network adapter.

You can't do daily missions while offline but that's not an issue, since daily missions work fine while you are online.

derExperte

The only thing I already had from the new Bundle Stars bundle. Enjoy!

The only thing I want from the new Bundle Stars bundle. In!

Okay, Boid looks interesting but Early Access games in bundles never fill me with confidence.

Wait...Seriously, Enemy Front is already THAT cheap?

oh and those other games as well I guess.

But seriously, I didn't expect Enemy Front to be discounted THIS quickly.

I don't think anyone who bought EF liked it very much. And not a lot of people bought it.

I'm confused. Isn't this game not only single-player, but a port besides? Why would it need a closed beta?
to see how it runs on various gfx cards/cpus/OSes. Some devs/publishers aren't equipped to test all the possible configurations out there.

oh, and maybe there are things in the game that hit a server, like how the walking dead does.

Backlogger

The impressive thing about this Bundle Stars bundle is that I don't own a single one of these games. I don't see that happen very often. Plus a few of these games actually have decent reviews.

A bunch of +1's and a few games I might actually play someday if I ever have time.

Parsnip

Amazing. I don't know much about anime tropes and such, but hey.

Anyone looking forward to xbox one controller's wireless dongle?

Kind of, I like to have that option if and when my 360 pad breaks.
I prefer the stick placement of MS controllers and I also prefer using rechargeble batteries rather than a shitty internal battery. But apparently the bumpers are weird.
But I also hear good things about DS4 now that the peeling sticks are not an issue anymore.

But I still haven't even held DS4 or Bone controllers in my hand, I don't know which I would pick.

But in either case, wireless all the way.

I still have no clear understanding what kind of game it even is, but why not.

Amzin

I participated in one of their betas and kept the game afterwards

I've participated in a lot of betas over the years and this is actually unusual in my experience, but that would be cool if they let you have the game as sort of a reward for helping them test.

Nabs

Here we go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Injustice -- MB-8D308BC699AF901E - Taken by trailmix16. 7 entrants total.

t1425575824z1.png

r3n4ud

You can thank IGN Prime.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-408EF59D34BE0821 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is so frustrating to watch (like most QLs of games I like). So much screaming, and too much damn zooming. Vinny ends up making the voice recognition look bad =\ I wish Alex would have taken control.

to be fair he does say it worked perfectly at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom