• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So this post was a while ago but I'm having basically the same problem. If I disable hola before logging in to paypal, I can log in and hit "pay now" but then I just get a blank window and it doesn't look like I'm charged. I've tried leaving hola on and that just makes Paypal not work at all for what I assume are security reasons.

Use FlyVPN instead. Hola doesn't play nicely with Nuuvem for everybody.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I never knew Valve had so many shareholders and that they all vented on the Internet about how the company is run and how it's effecting them personally. It's really special.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm starting to think Ubi patched the It Belongs in a Museum co-op mission in Unity so that the super-easy option (one of the possible real paintings is near an open window that isn't guarded at all) is selected far less often.

DocSeuss

Not even sure if that's a joke. But there's a dating advice column named 'Ask Dr. NerdLove'. Yes. Also Patrick Klepek, which makes me sad. Why dude, why?

Pff, the only Kotaku you need is me.

In fact, nobody else in your life matters. Just me. There is only me. I am the best.

Corpekata

Banned
Are there really people that were big enough fans of a shitty franchise like Bloodrayne to feel "betrayed" by the franchise going down another route.

Uraizen

Banned
It's a totally different sort of game.
The first 2 were 3D platformer/slashers, betrayal is a "hurr you like dem old 16 bit console games right? oh, no? git gud, scrub" bullshit game with shitty controls.

I like the hurr.

the controls weren't shitty tho

I didn't like how the game played tho, but the controls were tight

Eh, controls were a little loose. It becomes very apparent on the later stages.

Amzin

Use FlyVPN instead. Hola doesn't play nicely with Nuuvem for everybody.

It sort of worked better... now the Paypal window closes and Nuuvem says it's unable to complete the transaction with Paypal :p

I'm assuming it's something to do with my payment type even though I'm using Paypal as the front end. I'll try my alternative method and then I'll try to add funds to Paypal and hope it goes through in time. FlyVPN definitely seems more stable though, thanks.

Edit: Yep, it didn't like my Visa CC, but had no problems with my very American bank with American in the name~ go figure

Jesus christ at the amount of salt in the front page. Salt in PS4 thread. Salt in Steam thread. Salt in VR threads. Salt salt salt.

Lain

i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

Welcome to the SteamGAF Academy Signup!

Since I signed up, I thought I'd mention that my avvy was made by Neoriceisgood (his pixel art skills are really good) on request (a pixel rendition of Tome Kano) when he was offering to make avatars for us over in the manga thread.

---

So now Steam sells hardware too? Interesting.

Grief.exe

Oh god, I'm actually considering to buy Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition for $30 off GMG.

I liked the streams but I can't help but think this might still be a buggy mess upon release.

If Paradox and Colossal Order weren't confident in their product they wouldn't have allowed streamers access to or early.
There is thousands of hours of footage out there already, if it were to be a mess it probably would have shown up by now.

I think it's safe to give into the hype on this one.

Milamber

If Paradox and Colossal Order weren't confident in their product they wouldn't have allowed streamers access to or early.
There is thousands of hours of footage out there already, if it were to be a mess it probably would have shown up by now.

I think it's safe to give into the hype on this one.

That is comforting to hear.

EDIT: Buying.

Saty

I'm not sure i understand how Twitter works. Kyle Orland tweeted this (https://twitter.com/KyleOrl/status/573582663577022464), i replied with 2 tweets about the NBA\Free Weekend situation, but those tweets don't show up. It is only when i log into my Twitter account that i can see them.

I don't have anything turned on in my Privacy settings so what's happening? Did Orland made it so my tweets won't show publicly?

Nabs

I'm not sure i understand how Twitter works. Kyle Orland tweeted this (https://twitter.com/KyleOrl/status/573582663577022464), i replied with 2 tweets about the NBA\Free Weekend situation, but those tweets don't show up. It is only when i log into my Twitter account that i can see them.

I don't have anything turned on in my Privacy settings so what's happening? Did Orland made it so my tweets won't show publicly?

I think it's twitter being twitter.

ExoSoul

Banned
Is there a hard limit to how many items you can have on your wish list? Steam just cleared it for me...

Edit: nvm, it's back

WavekSra

Hi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WavekSra, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-50F56D1426495642 - Taken by C4rter. 5 entrants total.

t1425626046z1.png

What could those be? I mean I can easily open it in China. I somehow think there are more things to be wary in China about this issue than in Taiwan.
Who knows, maybe Chinese hackers know how to use proxies *roll eyes*.

I mean who blocks an entire country from accessing for any reason other than distribution right issued?

Deques

For those who were wondering about the Pipo X7. Here is more of my impression of the machine
It can stream content from websites without problem. Chrome was useless to watch youtube, probably because I have set it to stream HTML5 videos. I tried to watch 1080p@60 videos and it lagged like hell. Using Firefox or IE was better, but I couldn't set the video settings to 1080, I think 720 was max.

Playing emulators is a no no. I tried playing SNES games with ZSNES, Windowed mode was good, no lagging, but at full screen it lagged like hell, it was unplayable. So I guess PSX and N64 wouldn't be better.

Streaming local content was satisfying, although I only watched videos that I recorded myself at 1080.

For some reason Pipo X7 get disconnected when using Ethernet, it could be that the cable is broken, but it cannot be since I have never used the cable before... The wifi worked though, it didn't get disconnected

Overall impression is that I am kinda disappointed at this machine despite it being praised in different tech blogs that I read about it before buying it. But it is good for watching streamed media

The only thing left to test is the Steam In-home streaming. I probably will try it in the weekend

Milamber

For those who were wondering about the Pipo X7. Here is more of my impression of the machine
It can stream content from websites without problem. Chrome was useless to watch youtube, probably because I have set it to stream HTML5 videos. I tried to watch 1080p@60 videos and it lagged like hell. Using Firefox or IE was better, but I couldn't set the video settings to 1080, I think 720 was max.

Playing emulators is a no no. I tried playing SNES games with ZSNES, Windowed mode was good, no lagging, but at full screen it lagged like hell, it was unplayable. So I guess PSX and N64 wouldn't be better.

Streaming local content was satisfying, although I only watched videos that I recorded myself at 1080.

For some reason Pipo X7 get disconnected when using Ethernet, it could be that the cable is broken, but it cannot be since I have never used the cable before... The wifi worked though, it didn't get disconnected

Overall impression is that I am kinda disappointed at this machine despite it being praised in different tech blogs that I read about it before buying it. But it is good for watching streamed media

The only thing left to test is the Steam In-home streaming. I probably will try it in the weekend

Even SNES!? Well that is disappointing.

Stallion said it best, there are too many grumpy armchair shareholders on gaf.

Valve doesn't pump out games, but it's still a productive company, why does it get so much shit?

Actually I think the ones who are more into Steam can see the problems about Valve if you compare the company now with the company 5 years ago.

I just want a bit more information for them regarding things like GL. Nowadays it just feels like the guy in Highschool, who was totally into a project, started it, promised a lot of things and then just somehow forgot about it and started the next project.

Actually I think the ones who are more into Steam can see the problems about Valve if you compare the company now with the company 5 years ago.

I just want a bit more information for them regarding things like GL. Nowadays it just feels like the guy in Highschool, who was totally into a project, started it, promised a lot of things and then just somehow forgot about it and started the next project.
You are talking about Molyneux, maybe some projects have lower priorities right now, but they're still there, plus Valve would tell you if the projects are abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom