• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

we didn't make to 5th place, but we are pretty close.

still 6th
http://www.metagamerscore.com/most_score_crew

tumblr_inline_moc7sjmG3O1qz4rgp.gif

oipic

meta finished scanning and updating our scores, we didn't make to 5th place, but we are pretty close.

still 6th
http://www.metagamerscore.com/most_score_crew

The whole metagamescore points/scoring shizzle is wacky (or maybe it's just me?) - I had a little over 800k a day or two ago, and I've now lost 20k of that somehow.

These lost points are a mere pittance in comparison to you resident gaming gods and your abundance of scorinesses, but still, they be stealin' our points, yo.

Chariot

The whole metagamescore points/scoring shizzle is wacky (or maybe it's just me?) - I had a little over 800k a day or two ago, and I've now lost 20k of that somehow.

These lost points are a mere pittance in comparison to you resident gaming gods and your abundance of scorinesses, but still, they be stealin' our points, yo.
The scores inflate and deflate depending on how many people got the game and the archievement.

The scores inflate and deflate depending on how many people got the game and the archievement.

Yeah.

You get huge points for being one of the first 3 to get an achievement. As soon as someone joins who got it before you, you lose points. I have a whole heap of firsts on my PSN account from Tiger Woods Golf, Saint's Row 3 and even Dead Island. I imagine that I was first is only a function of them being fairly old and the site not having huge numbers yet. As more people join I imagine all my firsts will get blown away!

oipic

Ah, I see - thanks Chariot. I had missed that nugget of info somehow, that makes sense. Cheers mate.

No conspiracy to tear us down after we destroyed their servers with our collective achievement-hunting prowess, then - so all is well.

Edit: A wild woo appears! (Hi, woo - I'm just a filthy lurker here nowadays, but always good to see you here)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (woo and indeed hoo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Betrayer -- MB-5A8BEE2EB3232761 - Taken by Whelan

derExperte

Just last night I was wondering what happened to woo and indeed hoo. And there he is. So tonight all my thoughts will go towards MRORANGE.

Nep-Nep seems to be the cause

Card prices aren't high enough if you subtract fees and there were always games with which you could make bank. Didn't affect the whole market but who knows. Anyway, sold my stuff, watch them climb higher fast.

oipic

Just last night I was wondering what happened to woo and indeed hoo. And there he is. So tonight all my thoughts will go towards MRORANGE.

dE, after working your magic to summon Mr O (hope you're doing okay, Mr O), can I ask that you bless our dear resident Monk with some time to visit more often, too?

I was going to mention Dupy as well, but I think he's working himself through a difficult amiibo phase at the moment... so we'd best let him be.

Well may as well post this here. MMBosstones if you want to pop this in the OP as well if you get the chance (not that anyone rwads the OP anyway).

Added.

Thanks for the banner! OP now has reviews for AssRogue and Pillars of Eternity. I'll add anymore until I run out of room.

Arthea

can you kindly explain amiibos to me? I don't get it, aren't these just toys/figurines? What's with insanity?

http://media.tumblr.com/283ba4114f6472639aec79d5fe7e6d52/tumblr_inline_moc7sjmG3O1qz4rgp.gif[/img[/QUOTE]
I like the way you think :)

[quote="Dr Dogg, post: 154831978"]Well may as well post this here. MMBosstones if you want to pop this in the OP as well if you get the chance (not that anyone rwads the OP anyway).

[img]http://i.imgur.com/8lgpKuL.png[/img

[B][URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/311560/"]Assassin’s Creed: Rogue[/URL] - [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=92700"]Dr Dogg[/URL]
[/B]
...[/QUOTE]

I totally have read a puke gun, well, that would be something. (><)
Thanks for writeup, it doesn't sound half bad, but then again you like AssCreed in general, no?

Dr Dogg

can you kindly explain amiibos to me? I don't get it, aren't these just toys/figurines? What's with insanity?

As with all things Nintendo they are stocked with a supply less than demand so become desirable through lack of availability. That and scalpers have a field day. Me, I've started to go New 3DS Cover Plate crazy!!!

I totally have read a puke gun, well, that would be something. (><)
Thanks for writeup, it doesn't sound half bad, but then again you like AssCreed in general, no?

Completely biased as I love each of my AssCreed games like freakish mutant children. More Rogue impressions from late last year when I was playing it first.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140110198&postcount=402

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140067595&postcount=465

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140071810&postcount=487

milena87

I just understood that I like this top much more than the other one (¬&#8255;¬)

http://www.metagamerscore.com/crews/149?tab=Top_list&list_to_show=score_completist

I prefer this one as well :p
I'll have to improve on my 85 100% games.

Well I’ve not exactly kept quiet about my love of this game so I’ll try and do this without gushing too much. Assassin’s Creed Rogue, the charitable PS360 game of last year when they didn’t get Unity is the culmination of the Americas storyline. It takes place between the events of III and Black Flag and neatly ties the storylines together. It may have been considered Black Flag II but it’s a great combination of III and IV with a few new ideas of its own.

I'll have to buy this one and Unity when they'll reach a decent price. I like the Assassin's Creed games. Yes, even 3, despite the endless tutorial.

How is the tutotial for Rogue? Quick and painless, or does it drag for several chapters like 3?

Please tell me there's a way to play Unepic with the D-pad instead of the analog stick?
I'm quite enjoying it, but I can't get myself to play through it with the analog stick, which is just stupid in a 2D sidescrolling game.

Saty

How do you tell which games are region locked on nuveem?

Right there on the page, the box below the cart icon:

Importante

REGION LOCKED: Não é possível ativar esse jogo em países como Itália, França, Rússia, Venezuela e Alemanha. Demais países bloqueados para compra, também estão sujeitos a bloqueio de ativação.
If you have that then it means it's region locked.

Maybe getting a gamepad with only a D-pad would do?

Haha well, not sure if I'm up for buying a new inferior gamepad solely to hope that it works for Unepic :p
The really messed up thing is that they apparently added d-pad movement to WiiU consoles, but not PC.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Haha well, not sure if I'm up for buying a new inferior gamepad solely to hope that it works for Unepic :p
The really messed up thing is that they apparently added d-pad movement to WiiU consoles, but not PC.

well ... there's no other way now ... you gotta go all corrosivefrost on their ass ;)

Knurek

Please tell me there's a way to play Unepic with the D-pad instead of the analog stick?
I'm quite enjoying it, but I can't get myself to play through it with the analog stick, which is just stupid in a 2D sidescrolling game.

Just make a profile for the game and map the stick movement to the D-Pad.
It's what I've been using for stupid 2D games using stick for movement (I'm looking at you, Mark of the Ninja).

shockdude

Haha, it's not a really superior controller but I have DS3.

Done and done, project dpad initiated!
I switched from SCP driver to DS3 tool solely because SCP won't let you remap the analog stick to the DPAD.

Everything that is 2D is better with a controller.
For me nearly every 2D game is playable on a keyboard by mapping directionals to ESDF and mapping action buttons to some combination of JKLUIO. I play Risk of Rain with a keyboard, and would use a keyboard for Super Meat Boy if I got around to making an AutoHotKey profile for it.

Lomax

Is there any buzz at all for Sid Meier's Starships? I'm tempted to drop what's left of my GMG credit on it as it seems pretty cheap, but it's also so cheap I wonder if it's more like Ace Patrol in space than anything (which was a good game, but not something I'd drop over $10 for).

How so? Honest question, because I've never read what makes it best on Vita. The back touchpad?

the touchscreen makes it a lot easier to lock onto an enemy.

my only issue with HM on the Vita (and i guess this is an issue really in regards to playing HM with a controller) is that the final boss really seems tuned for mouse controls. It requires a precision to it that one can just barely pull off using a controller but that i imagine is a lot easier with a mouse and keyboard.

derExperte

How so? Honest question, because I've never read what makes it best on Vita. The back touchpad?

It seems that most like the lock-on through touch. Thing is, on PC with kb/m you don't even need lock-on and after playing both versions that's the clear winner since you can react faster and more precise. Worst control method is a normal gamepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom