• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I'll have to buy this one and Unity when they'll reach a decent price. I like the Assassin's Creed games. Yes, even 3, despite the endless tutorial.

How is the tutotial for Rogue? Quick and painless, or does it drag for several chapters like 3?

Pretty much the first mission gives you the rundown on stabby, stabby action and at the end of that you have your ship then the second and third explore ship mechanics and activities on land and then the only other major tutorialk that isn't introduced in raw gameplay terms is the new gang hideout which also is combined with how the air rifle works. It's quite immediate in it's approach but the single player campaign is much shorter than previous entries with 6(ish) sequences. Though if you liked the exploration elements of Black Flag and the city rebuilding and take over elements of the Ezio games then there is plenty to see and do to fill 25-30 hours worth.

MUnited83

For you.
How so? Honest question, because I've never read what makes it best on Vita. The back touchpad?

It's a top down twin stick shooter, it will always be better with analog sticks :p

It seems that most like the lock-on through touch. Thing is, on PC with kb/m you don't even need lock-on and after playing both versions that's the clear winner since you can react faster and more precise. Worst control method is a normal gamepad.

There's a single moment on the game where I used the lock-on.Everything else played just fine and felt more precise than on PC.

Maniac

Banned

It's true.

But everyone cares about Doc & Schreier! :p There's very little I bother reading on Kotaku, and Schreier's stuff aswell as a dozen or so articles from you is basically the stuff I read on that site, cause there's too much damn trash to otherwise dig through :p

derExperte

There's a single moment on the game where I used the lock-on.Everything else played just fine and felt more precise than on PC.

HM plays almost like a 90s fps where it's advantageous to change movement direction multiple times per split second and aim everywhere with as little delay as possible. I'm not saying it didn't control well on Vita and I had no serious issues during my playthrough, kb/m just gave me a noticeable edge.

dE, after working your magic to summon Mr O (hope you're doing okay, Mr O), can I ask that you bless our dear resident Monk with some time to visit more often, too?

I was going to mention Dupy as well, but I think he's working himself through a difficult amiibo phase at the moment... so we'd best let him be.

I can try but fear that MRO is already too large of a challenge for my meager summoning skills.

Phinor

Is there any buzz at all for Sid Meier's Starships? I'm tempted to drop what's left of my GMG credit on it as it seems pretty cheap, but it's also so cheap I wonder if it's more like Ace Patrol in space than anything (which was a good game, but not something I'd drop over $10 for).

Very little buzz if any at all. I've been watching their (Firaxis & Sid Meier) weekly livestreams and last night decided to drop some GMG credits on the game. From what I've seen, the game doesn't have that much depth or longevity but should last at least couple of playthroughs. There's clearly more game in it than there was in Ace Patrol, but not that much more. And that's why it's $15 game and not one of those $15 games that offer more than the price point indicates.

milena87

Pretty much the first mission gives you the rundown on stabby, stabby action and at the end of that you have your ship then the second and third explore ship mechanics and activities on land and then the only other major tutorialk that isn't introduced in raw gameplay terms is the new gang hideout which also is combined with how the air rifle works. It's quite immediate in it's approach but the single player campaign is much shorter than previous entries with 6(ish) sequences. Though if you liked the exploration elements of Black Flag and the city rebuilding and take over elements of the Ezio games then there is plenty to see and do to fill 25-30 hours worth.

Yes, I love the filler content in Assassin's Creed games. Expect collecting the flags in AC1. Ugh. So I should be good :)

And thanks for the info regarding the first missions. It doesn't sound too bad, although I hope that one day they'll just proceed like we played the games before and that they'll only introduce us to the new elements.

I am having a lot of fun with Dark Souls 2. Kinda glad that there were many people "hating" on the game. This lead to lowered expectations and thus pleasant surprises.

It also really helps that the game runs at much higher resolutions and framerates than Dark Souls 1! The game is gorgeous. Heide's Tower with its flaming tower and starry sky :O

I am taking loads of screens but always forget to up them, so don't be surprises when you see a couple hundred pics in your activity ;)

All the changes they made are brilliant. Being able to go human at any point, lighting torches, the new weapon upgrade system, health going down with each death, three slots for weapons, four slots for rings, the new inventory, weapons/gear repairing at bonfires, soul vessel, bonfire ascetics, new stats which lead to all of them being very useful and the list goes on and on.

Not all is perfect though. The load times at start-up and going back to menu are weirdly long and it would have been much more time saving to see weapon/gear stats in the item box.

I also like that there are seemingly very weird and unfitting themes for areas like the pirate theme in the wharf.

Really enjoying it. Totally recommend it to anyone who enjoyed any souls game even if only a bit.

So, here some screens :)
bm0XfBO.jpg
LpWeJbS.jpg

bm2tNiH.jpg
4iHcgK9.jpg

cSMXZkM.jpg
wJ8SibF.jpg

2eUwDDo.jpg
J0V3BmH.jpg

2wWqn11.jpg
ccooSHX.jpg

cUHGmQq.jpg
gBR0Oxd.jpg

milena87

I am having a lot of fun with Dark Souls 2. Kinda glad that there were many people "hating" on the game. This lead to lowered expectations and thus pleasant surprises.

I'm glad you're having fun with the game. I personally loved it. It might not have something as awesome as Kalameet and I might still prefer Dark Souls 1 overall, but 2 is a great game.

This reminds that I still have to get the last few achievements :D

Thanks milena and Khronico for not letting me feel alone with my pleasure of DS2.
Feels good contributing here somewhat meaningfully once in a while.

Chariot

Should I start with Dark Souls 1 to appreciate the improvements of Dark Souls 2 or should I just jump to DS 2 if I would try to die a lot?

derExperte

Can anyone with both of the Nazi Zombie games gift me the discounted Trilogy? I'll obviously pay you with paypal first.

I would (and afaik the game is even uncut in Germany) but you probably don't want to pay the higher € price.

Wait, the price isn't higher, still have to get used to the strong $. Page says Zombie Army Trilogy DE though so maybe not uncut. edit: No swastikas in the German versions of the first two games so this trilogy will be cut too of course.

Is zombie army trilogy unlocked yet?

Since last night I think.

Ooh, the Evolve spectator mode dlc lets you switch to Daisy's view.

It does sound like a pretty feature-rich tool, though.

They need to speed up their patch support though, almost four weeks and not even small bugfixes. :/

Nabs

DS1 for sure. DS2 almost has too much content, and will probably wear your out.

Should I start with Dark Souls 1 to appreciate the improvements of Dark Souls 2 or should I just jump to DS 2 if I would try to die a lot?

The only improvements are graphical, and even those are rough because of the not so good lighting.

Dsyndrome

All this Dark Souls 2 talk reminds me I need to beat the DLC's before Bloodborne comes out and the community gets fractured from the different releases. I know my ass is gonna need help for some of the bosses.

In my Dark Souls playthrough I'm currently going through Blighttown. It's not a walk in the park. Toxic has been a pain to deal with throughout it all.

I've started playing Velocity 2X today on PS4. Decided to skip straight to this one even though I own Velocity Ultra on Steam. Is Steam not getting 2X at some point?

They need to speed up their patch support though, almost four weeks at not even small bugfixes. :/

Agreed. I've been taking a break so I don't get fatigued before patches and DLC come out.

In my Dark Souls playthrough I'm currently going through Blighttown. It's not a walk in the park. Toxic has been a pain to deal with throughout it all.

Blighttown is the low point for DS1. Not sure anyone likes it, it's annoying as hell and you'll end up being there for much longer than you care for.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dark Souls 2 last half aint crap like Dark Souls 1. Lost Izalith, Bed of Chaos and the other crap.

They are on par IMO.

milena87

Blighttown is true to its name, yes. What I hate most about Blighttown is not so much the Poison or Toxic effects, the giant mosquitoes, those things that spew fire. No, what I hate most are the ladders.

So many ladders.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Blighttown is true to its name, yes. What I hate most about Blighttown is not so much the Poison or Toxic effects, the giant mosquitoes, those things that spew fire. No, what I hate most are the ladders.

So many ladders.

grSiaPJ.jpg

ExoSoul

Banned
DS2 has better weapon mechanics, just that, DS1 is the better package. Also a lot of the content in the second is lost on you if you haven't played the first.

abracadaver

The Zombie Army Trilogy I bought on the german store is uncensored with swastikas.

I bought it right when the pre-orders went up. After a day or two they removed the game from the german store. Must have been a mistake by them to offer the uncensored version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom