• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Decided to do the random puzzles in Hexcells Infinite first as everyone says they are easier. Found them very relaxing for the most part. Took about seven and a half hours, most puzzles took 5-10 minutes. At times there were tricky moments but nothing like in the hand crafted stuff. Now onto the real challenge!

QlbExaL.png

Dr Dogg

I can just see it now. "Good news GTA fans. Independence FM is back by popular demand. To account for the time to acquire said rights the PC version will be delayed again..."

dex3108

I can just see it now. "Good news GTA fans. Independence FM is back by popular demand. To account for the time to acquire said rights the PC version will be delayed again..."

Nah it will be like this. We apologise to our PC players but GTA V needs a bit more polish. Game will be released in June and it will include another PC exclusive feature known as Independence FM. Enjoy cruising in beautifully rendered vistas while you are listening your favourite tracks.

Well may as well post this here. MMBosstones if you want to pop this in the OP as well if you get the chance (not that anyone rwads the OP anyway).

Thanks for the write up.

Wow, I don't even have 5 100% games. I should work on that.

I don't think thats accurate. I have many games I've completed that don't show up as 100%.

Is there any buzz at all for Sid Meier's Starships? I'm tempted to drop what's left of my GMG credit on it as it seems pretty cheap, but it's also so cheap I wonder if it's more like Ace Patrol in space than anything (which was a good game, but not something I'd drop over $10 for).

I had a chance to play it back in early october (focus group) and I thought it was awesome.

Dr Dogg

Nah it will be like this. We apologise to our PC players but GTA V needs a bit more polish. Game will be released in June and it will include another PC exclusive feature known as Independence FM. Enjoy cruising in beautifully rendered vistas while you are listening your favourite tracks.

"...oh and here's some 'new' screenshots too. Don't forget to preorder!" Speaking of, their preorder scheme must be a bit fucked. Though I doubt they extended the length of time to get a free R* title anyway.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Blighttown is the low point for DS1. Not sure anyone likes it, it's annoying as hell and you'll end up being there for much longer than you care for.

Blighttown is one of the highest highs for me. That section is just totally fucked, I love it. It's just layer upon layer of "You think that was bad? Check this shit out." It's grueling, it feels unreasonable and impossible, and then you do it and its amazing.

The only improvements are graphical, and even those are rough because of the not so good lighting.
The lighting in II can be a notable step up compared to Dark Souls at times, especially in conjunction with the spell visual effects (which are also far less crude) but you have to cherry-pick those locations since II's art design is wildly inconsistent. Also doesn't help that the level of detail in the textures took a massive hit if you look back at the original Dark Souls.

Blighttown is the low point for DS1. Not sure anyone likes it, it's annoying as hell and you'll end up being there for much longer than you care for.
I like it a lot. One of my favourite environments in the entire game just because of how oppressive it is. The sheer verticality and the need to watch your step at all times are the cherry on top, and I say that without attempting to be facetious. Sen's Fortress, New Londo Ruins and Tomb of the Giants are also personal highlights for similar reasons, with other despised areas like Duke's Archives being right up my alley too.

Lost Izalith is an irredeemable hellhole though.

Dark Souls 2 last half aint crap like Dark Souls 1. Lost Izalith, Bed of Chaos and the other crap.

They are on par IMO.
Save for Lost Izalith, I disagree. The end game in Dark Souls II was too straight-forward for my tastes: some have striking vistas for a good first impression, then it turns out those spots are either too short or have disappointingly simplistic level design. I found them to be dull on repeat playthroughs.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's with all the friend invites lately, don't u ppl know i'm low level

I just want local chat logs. Is that too much to ask, Valve?
just broadcast your desktop and then you can watch your chats whenever you want!!!

Should I start with Dark Souls 1 to appreciate the improvements of Dark Souls 2 or should I just jump to DS 2 if I would try to die a lot?

why would you skip dark souls 1

play both you dumbo

Dr Dogg

Blighttown is one of the highest highs for me. That section is just totally fucked, I love it. It's just layer upon layer of "You think that was bad? Check this shit out." It's grueling, it feels unreasonable and impossible, and then you do it and its amazing.

That first time when you get caught off guard by one of the dogs and their 'surprise', or get hit by one of the blow dart guys and get a Toxic staus, or mismanage your position on the narrow platforms and plummet to your death, or get surprised by
Maneater Mildred
just before the bottom bonfire, or forgot to bring anything with poison resistance or have any moss on you whilst wading through the swamp. First time is horrible but is a piece of cake on subsequent playthroughts
Master Key backdoor for life!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

GTA5 would be poised to be a free inclusion with the PC version of GTA6 at that rate, haha.

zkylon

zkylewd
also yeah another blighttown lover here. i love the shanty town areas in every souls game, they're so fucked it's hilarious lol

DocSeuss

Anyone know where to find that quote from Julian Gollop where he says if he'd have made a new XCOM, it would have been more like a simulation than a board game? I'm trying to find it for a video I'm doing.

JaseC

Exactly four days (well, four days minus 15 minutes) to go until Rogue releases. There's no way I'll be done with Unity's main campaign and Dead Kings by then, so I think I'll save the latter for after Rogue.

Grief.exe

Exactly four days (well, four days minus 15 minutes) to go until Rogue releases. There's no way I'll be done with Unity's main campaign and Dead Kings by then, so I think I'll save the latter for after Rogue.

More importantly, 4 days until Hotline Miami 2 and Cities: Skylines.

Need to get my Linux install finalized.

JaseC

Anyone know where to find that quote from Julian Gollop where he says if he'd have made a new XCOM, it would have been more like a simulation than a board game? I'm trying to find it for a video I'm doing.

Here:

He also felt key elements were absent from his design. “The Geoscape is kind of missing. In the original game, the position of your bases - what you put in those bases - was important because aliens were active in particular areas, but the position of stuff in the new geoscape from the new game is actually, irrelevant, really. It doesn't really play any part in the game, so you don't have that. The Interceptors are based in each region. I guess my original game was a bit more simulation-ny and the new game is a bit more board game-y.”

More importantly, 4 days until Hotline Miami 2 and Cities: Skylines.

Need to get my Linux install finalized.

I bought the DDEs for both but will play neither! Well, except maybe Cities as I did have a lot of fun with the SNES version of SimCity back in the day.

derExperte

I bought the DDEs for both but will play neither! Well, except maybe Cities as I did have a lot of fun with the SNES version of SimCity back in the day.

Meanwhile billions of poor gamers have nothing to play. It's like buying lunch and burying it in the garden. You monster.

I just read a tweet about that being Sunday I think.
Edit: or maybe that's just when there's a PAX panel about it.

Apparently we'll get a trailer on Sunday.

JaseC

Meanwhile billions of poor gamers have nothing to play. It's like buying lunch and burying it in the garden. You monster.

Well, more like buying lunch, burying it in the garden and telling one person exactly where so they can have it if they so desire. ;)

Dr Dogg

I wonder how many more releases TellTale will take to sort out their save game and choice carry over issues? Who am I kidding they're never sorting that out.

GTA5 would be poised to be a free inclusion with the PC version of GTA6 at that rate, haha.

Well going by the PC delay for V I'd imagine VI will be out in 2035.

dex3108

"...oh and here's some 'new' screenshots too. Don't forget to preorder!" Speaking of, their preorder scheme must be a bit fucked. Though I doubt they extended the length of time to get a free R* title anyway.

I hate their pre-order pushing. Sorry guys and girls we delayed PC release but please pre-order game and get more money for GTA Online.

And preload is live on UPlay. Ubi is getting good with their preloads :D

JaseC

And preload is live on UPlay. Ubi is getting good with their preloads :D

I thought that may be the case as the Steam subs were updated a couple of hours ago. Hopefully Ubi has asked Valve to flick the switch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gaben giveth

a7zD3NN.png

I already have the lvl 5 badge

also yeah another blighttown lover here. i love the shanty town areas in every souls game, they're so fucked it's hilarious lol
Likewise, so I got excited when I bumped into Dark Souls II's and it was... surprisingly uneventful. Nothing remotely disturbing about it nor did it have genuine threats. Huge bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom