• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I hate their pre-order pushing. Sorry guys and girls we delayed PC release but please pre-order game and get more money for GTA Online.

I mean who doesn't want non replenishing on new game, consumable digital currency for in game nik nacks as a preorder incentive.

And preload is live on UPlay. Ubi is getting good with their preloads :D

Oooh what sort of file size we talking? It's going to be a smidge over 18gb just to fuck with me and the free drive space I've got at the mo.

Maniac

Banned
Gaben giveth

a7zD3NN.png

I already have the lvl 5 badge

Easy solution: Give it 'ere. :p

So... I'm number 37 on our GAF 'chievo crew. Not too shabby, I suppose.

And how the hell do I enter the queue for this 'ere Street Fighter jazz!?

Backlogger

Well may as well post this here. MMBosstones if you want to pop this in the OP as well if you get the chance (not that anyone rwads the OP anyway).

8lgpKuL.png

Assassin’s Creed: Rogue - Dr Dogg

Great write up. I just started AC4 BF about a week or so ago and am loving it. I would have played it sooner but it just didn't run very smoothly on my old card (even my new card can't always maintain 60 FPS at 1440p). The Pirate setting between land and sea is perfect and amazing.

Its actually my first AC game and while I want to go back and play some of the others I am actually more interested in jumping to Rogue next just because of the land vs sea elements and expected similarities to BF.

Sounds awesome, but "From the Publisher of Raven's Cry" is not filling me with confidence.

Also, being an eleven year old game, it's probably going to be all kinds of broken like all those other C-tier games from a decade ago releasing on Steam.

Is there a source explaining the end of Hotline Miami?
I played the game twice, but still I can't figure it out. I have some theories, but nothing sure.
What I think is Jacket went into a coma right after the fight against Bike dure. He didn't die, but instead it got recovered into the hospital. Can this be right?

Wait, Hotline Miami has a story? I beat it and couldn't tell you a thing about it, except maybe, masks!

Accoun

When will Rockstar come to their senses and make a full fledged game in the 1969 London setting? The modern setting is good, but that 1969 London was pretty awesome.

They won't. They don't want to make a GTA game in real cities. IIRC they don't want to make them outside US either, because they want it to be satire on US. Might be wrong, though.

C4rter

How does the Street Fighter Giveaway work?

The site is responding now and I'm following on Twitter, but no keys are visible on the site.

I see this wheel image:
alienware_loading_32.gif

Maybe that's where the Keys will show up?

I didn't like Blighttown, but because of that it felt great when I finished it.

Yes.

Blighttown is a complete fucking abomination that was utter hell to get through the first time. I think it took me about 3 hours to get through. Getting to that bonfire on the bottom was glorious.

The second time I just NOPE'd the fuck through it in about 30 minutes w/o dying.

Still a total hell hole.

I totally read that wrong.

This is not surprising.

Accoun

How is the Street Fighter Giveaway working?
The site is responding now and I'm following on Twitter, but no keys are visible on the site. I see this wheel image:
alienware_loading_32.gif

I think it's over. There was banner on top. What you're talking about are the comments

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The next Dark Souls should have more Shrine of Amana, Dragon's keep, Blighttown and DLC area stage types.

agniswarm

Banned
How does the Street Fighter Giveaway work?

The site is responding now and I'm following on Twitter, but no keys are visible on the site.

I see this wheel image:
alienware_loading_32.gif

They will give 3000 keys through out march.

Throughout the month of March, we'll be giving away 3,000 Steam keys for Capcom's Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. To know when a new set of keys are added, follow @Capcom_UK on Twitter to be the first to know.

dex3108

I mean who doesn't want non replenishing on new game, consumable digital currency for in game nik nacks as a preorder incentive.

It is not about what prize/initiative is.. They are willing to apologize only to people who pre-order game. Everybody else, even day 1 buyers who are waiting to see how good port it will be they doesn't matter. That is what pisses me.

Oooh what sort of file size we talking? It's going to be a smidge over 18gb just to fuck with me and the free drive space I've got at the mo.

I don't know i didn't bought it yet but UPlay on twitter said that preload is live :D

Also SteamGAF what is point of PAX/GDC presentations for games that are just announced and there is no any gameplay videos out?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I know this isn't BST but does anyone want to trade Lisa and Life is Strange for my Sniper Elite 3?

Any word about Borderlands E2?

Thread in Gaming is already full with salty music-port begging. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's funny because I was just skimming the Skyrim Remaster thread and someone there said that console gamers haven't port begged in PC threads since StarCraft II.

derExperte

Five Nights at Freddy's 1 & 2 are the daily deals btw.

It's funny because I was just skimming the Skyrim Remaster thread and someone there said that console gamers haven't port begged in PC threads since StarCraft II.

Searched for it and that dude probably wasn't serious, at least he got me once.

ExoSoul

Banned
Thank you, that's a movie well worth watching if anything for the photography, it has very strong images and I really liked the choice of colours.

As for the content itself relationships and their possibilities/capabilities are something I like to think about so it got me there, the characters are well written although I'd like to see some more in depth (let's face it, some are there just to do their role and then are out of the picture)

Corpekata

Banned
I think people are expecting the next great console controller from the Steampad when it seems to me like it is more oriented around being a solution for KBAM oriented games on a TV.

Nabs

oh and btw I'm sure this has already been discussed but the steam controller sounds kind of terrible right?

Terrible? I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Too many people are looking at it like a 360 replacement. It's a mouse and keyboard in a controller.

Grief.exe

I think people are expecting the next great console controller from the Steampad when it seems to me like it is more oriented around being a solution for KBAM oriented games on a TV.

That's exactly the point where people get confused. What would be the reasoning behind releasing another xinput controller? Valve has sought to cover compatibility issues that xinput doesn't cover.

One of the GAFers that received the controller posted an interesting fact. Your computer sees the controller as a mouse and keyboard. So you can plug it into a phone, Linux OS, HTPC, Windows ME, etc and it will be compatible as a M/KB.

Play any game on any operating system released in the last 20+ years. Now that is impressive.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Super pumped for the Steam controller. My only disappointment is that they made too many concessions to the "I'm a dinosaur and am incapable of adapting" crowd.

The thing I hate about much of the criticism of the controller is that ultimately, these people wanted a Valve branded 360 pad.

Under our scenario we get an inventive, new controller and they get to keep their traditional controller.

Under their scenario, they'd get a controller just like a DS4 or an Xbox pad and we'd get nothing new.

They're basically fascists.

I still don't get how the Steampad will mimic a mouse accurately enough. From all appearances, it's a lousy fusion between console controller and... console controller.

It'd probably make more sense to me if I actually used one, I guess...

That's exactly the point where people get confused. What would be the reasoning behind releasing another xinput controller? Valve has sought to cover compatibility issues that xinput doesn't cover.

One of the GAFers that received the controller posted an interesting fact. Your computer sees the controller as a mouse and keyboard. So you can plug it into a phone, Linux OS, HTPC, Windows ME, etc and it will be compatible as a M/KB.

Play any game on any operating system released in the last 20+ years. Now that is impressive.

So the Steampad will never have controller-specific onscreen prompts for QTEs, typing elements, and such?

RIP Steampad.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Journey Down: Chapter 1 #2 -- MB-469BEAF812CB0150 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Crunch Time! -- MB-946CF958ADBFDCD8
Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween -- MB-C3E0E03594B9B19C - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode I Tides of Fate -- MB-3655570FA9FD0D5E - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Retention #2 -- MB-438408128F567DCB - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 -- MB-38666808B72A8D19
Crunch Time! #2 -- MB-FABB50FA1DB34654 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode II War of The Abyss -- MB-6C33C4302B3397C4 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 6 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode I Tides of Fate #2 -- MB-CAF54CD3619DE18B - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High Complete Pack -- MB-D90DA97A0A7E9690 - Taken by trailmix16. 8 entrants total.
Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween #2 -- MB-137153FA5CA176DB - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Retention -- MB-638076DD757DCF14 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.

t1425677348z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom