• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Hey, is The Detail game any good?

Sorry guys didnt knew where to ask so I came here

I think I need it because my left stick on 360 pad is really gone, more or less. The option would be buy another 360 pad or a One pad or a PS4 one. And I think the Stem pad is the best, even if I don't like the design and I don't know how I'll "feel" it in my hands, but the fact you can use it basically with ALL games is a plus.
Anyway I don't plan to buy it soon, I hope my 360 pad will last a lit longer.
EDIT: Pliskin you stole my avatar :l

Clones indeed.
There's like 4 people with that avatar.

Hey, is The Detail game any good?

Sorry guys didnt knew where to ask so I came here

The avatars are cloning!

Anyway, the Detail is heavy on style and short on substance. To get all the achievements you have to run through the game 2 1/2 times, and that's doable in two hours. There's no way to tell just how much your choices matter (if they do) until future episodes. It's just barely a point and click adventure - don't expect to combine inventory items, and in only a handful of instances do you use items in the environment. If I were you, I'd wait until more episodes are released before picking it up.

Grief.exe

Currently use headphones. I also need a mic at same time.

Microphone:
Modmic comes heavily recomended.
There are these cheap Monoprice mics that are probably decent.
I use the Blue Yeti.

Headphones:
Depends on your budget really, gaming tends to prefer open headphone design for the open soundstage.
Randomly recommending off the top of my head, Superlux HD668, AD500/700, Sennheiser HD598/600/650, AKG K 702/Q701, Beyerdynamic 990, Hi-Fi Man 300/400/500.
Sound cars are a good idea, especially for those phones with a little more resistance.

Haptic touchpads function as the DPAD, hence the cross.

Lets just use touch controls and go back to being naked and flinging poo at each other.

I think you may want to do a little more research into what the touchpads actually are.

They can be set into a DPAD configuration with similar feedback. Will they be perfect? Probably not, but then again we have other controls to use in that scenario as well.

NEO0MJ

You can be logged into Steam on more than 1 PC, but I'm pretty sure you can only play games on one of them at a time. It will prompt you to end a gaming session on the other PC if you try to start a game while someone else is already playing one.

That's good to hear. I wasn't sure how Steam's account system works.

I used to have Steam installed on two computers, my main PC and my work Mac.
There were basically no problems at all except the fact that it constantly failed to properly sync the library settings (ie. assigning games to categories), always overwriting my PC settings with my Mac ones.

I guess this will be the main problem. Gonna do what you did to save the settings.

fantomena

Im not sure if I will ever need a Steam controller. I already have a DS4, Xbone, a modified X360 and a DS3 controllers who are all fully compatible with my PC.

I will hopefully sometime get the chance to try the controller out, but in the meantime Im not moving from my DS4 controller which is perfect already for me.

So shortly after I closed the browser to play Dark Souls :(
Bummer
Oh god, this is so true...
QOmGOYd.png
I haven't tried it yet but I am not liking some choices. No D-pad, only tactile movement/camera, no accu, eyesore colored buttons.
Tactile buttons could be pretty useful but only if dual-sticks were there.
Then again, i am reserving my final decision for once I get to use it.

One thing though. Nothing what they have shown or said, makes me very excited but cautious instead.
I think that says a lot.
I gots a Vita!

I'll see you guys in a few days since my family is picking me up to celebrate my birthday in my home city. <3
Happy birthday guinea pig ;)
ibfazgwg1PSZmJ.png

W-wha? Check it out here!

Update!

As of right now, the sign-up sheet is now closed! After deleting a few duplicate entries, we still got almost 100 people on the list! And that isn't counting those silly people who didn't sign up that I've already written in. If you still have an edit to your entry you wish to make, please PM me so I can take care of that for you! But that window is closing, as I will be locking down characters by the end of the weekend.

In case you missed it, I've created a new Steam Group for us to use to discuss ideas, share favorite SteamGAF memories, and for me to communicate on progress. Feel free to stop by and chat, too! This will reduce thread clutter from a maddening amount of waifus to only a smattering. Major updates would still be posted in the thread, assuming there are any major updates to post. This post will be one of the last of the major updates for a while.

izaTrdnDP6PO.png

For a fun little extra bit of community involvement, we will be holding SteamGAF Academy Student Council elections! Every school needs that highest-ranking set of students who represent the student body as a whole (Not that kind of body, Milamber) and enact executive decisions when needed. This will give the thread a chance to help shape the future of the game. Major thanks to the resourceful Chariot for the suggestion!

What do I need to do? - Simple! Open up the ballot link and pencil in your choice. Note: Please only use names from this list of students. Any other votes will sadly be discarded. We will be accepting votes until 11PM EST on March 8th. All votes will be tallied after the ballot is closed, but results will not be made public until the game's release. Gotta keep some secrets, you know?

t1425873600z1.png

I only ask that this post be quoted for visibility every once in a while until voting has ended. While I can't stop you from wanting to talk about and joke around about the elections in this thread, I'd like to request it be taken to the Steam group's discussions or chat. Thank you! <3 I will be contacting those who volunteered art assistance once I have the floorplan for the school building down. Now, back to work!
Awesome! XD
This is shaping up to become a very special thing. Much obliged for all your effort buddy!

• About the election. How can anyone else but JaseC be the President? Come one guys! He is probably the most on-topic boring poster. Perfect President right there
    :p love you Jase
  • Vice President is by far the toughest choice. I am going with the oddball on this one and choose MMBosstones86. In the end he is pretty on-topic but I feel he can be a bit more emotional than the pres. Good balance right there.
  • Turfster is already a Secretary in my heart for this thread. He talks a lot but no one listens. So that is fitting.
  • BernardoOne managed to become numero uno Steam User in the economically plagued Portugal, so he is very fit for Head of Treasure ;)
  • lashman always has great news whether it is twitter or upcoming games. So here is to our Public Relations Officer!
  • Didn't understand what the "Mr Smith" part was, so I wrote my name :p
On that note. I once was elected class speaker. Suffice to say it ended in disaster and I was toppled several weeks in :/

Sarcasm

Microphone:
Modmic comes heavily recomended.
There are these cheap Monoprice mics that are probably decent.
I use the Blue Yeti.

Headphones:
Depends on your budget really, gaming tends to prefer open headphone design for the open soundstage.
Randomly recommending off the top of my head, Superlux HD668, AD500/700, Sennheiser HD598/600/650, AKG K 702/Q701, Beyerdynamic 990, Hi-Fi Man 300/400/500.
Sound cars are a good idea, especially for those phones with a little more resistance.

Might be hard to find most of these here in Taiwan =D

Mista

Banned
Where are you from?
Usually you just need to put something like store.steampowered.com/?cc=us (that's for the US for example) and you'll go back to your own Steam storefront with that.

I am from Saudi Arabia. I also tried store.steampowered.com/?cc=sa and it didnt work

Madn

I finished the main story in Anomaly Warzone Earth. The game reverses the tower defense genre making you push with some units down a road while destroying the enemy's defenses. The campaign is failry short but you unlock a few other modes that I haven't checked. I hope that in those you'll be able to choose more freely the type of units you want to take and the path you want to choose like it was in the last couple missions. The rest of game felt too linear, with little choices on what to do

MadGear

It's $99 without keycaps. So you can provide them from a previously purchased board, or pick them up for cheap if you don't like their decidedly high-end options.

Seems reasonable.

Oh, I mess up. I didn't view the massdrop link directly but looked the keyboard up elsewhere and they were quoting the price for the keyboard with Matias switches (which seem to be pricier?) including the caps as well. My bad.
But tbh I personally would be more interested in the keycaps than the keyboard itself :D

Grief.exe

Oh, I mess up. I didn't view the massdrop link directly but looked the keyboard up elsewhere and they were quoting the price for the keyboard with Matias switches (which seem to be pricier?) including the caps as well. My bad.
But tbh I personally would be more interested in the keycaps than the keyboard itself :D

The keycaps can be bought anywhere, the keyboard is what is interesting there.

Check the link again.

Copons

So cool, I clicked randomly in the time bar and I cought Geralt riding his horse and stumbling upon a broken wheelcart amid a dusty path.

I'm pretty sure in the next scene a con-girl will pop up crying for help but Geralt instead will go full slow motion, firing his revolver against some bandits and then he's gonna kill bare hands a mountain lion and a grizzly.

Lomax

And Hexcells Infinite complete. Funnily enough, Hexcells Plus actually took me longer to do the crafted puzzles than Infinite did, but I think the 7.5 hours of random puzzles really tuned my brain well for doing the whole thing. 6-5 was brilliant and had so many complex moments. Really hope he eventually releases another one because while the random puzzles are fun, they just aren't the same.

Sölf

Just saw the SteamGAF Academy thingy. Whatever happens, I fear what Chariot does if he becomes president.

He can be treasurer, throwing all the money at animu grilz.

Grief.exe

Not my fault when they think its clever to lock me out of viewing it because I'm not signed up. Again, I looked that kit up elsewhere. Doubt theres much else to see.

The Massdrop website does have more information on what makes the keyboard an interesting prospect. I assumed you hadn't read anything due to the contents of your posts.

Sölf;154986613 said:
Just saw the SteamGAF Academy thingy. Whatever happens, I fear what Chariot does if he becomes president.

He can be treasurer, throwing all the money at animu grilz.
If I was prez I'd make everybody dye redhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom