• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Sölf;154986613 said:
Just saw the SteamGAF Academy thingy. Whatever happens, I fear what Chariot does if he becomes president.

He can be treasurer, throwing all the money at animu grilz.
No matter my job waifus will be mandatory! \o
(But I want to be Secretary)

lm12yQQ.jpg

nkVcx0i.jpg
Oh dear...

If I was prez I'd make everybody dye redhead.

(I voted JaseC)

How do you protect yourself if you visit someone's page? I have that whole email/verification thing set on.

edit:
Also I have no payment info or cash on the account to worry about. Very few items worth stealing (like a few random 10 cent cards).

madjoki

How do you protect yourself if you visit someone's page? I have that whole email/verification thing set on.

I guess they could still buy attacker items from market. (it's on community domain, so it would be accessible for exploiters).

Not even my own? Oh no!

I guess it means attackers profile? Unless it's XSS in comment.

Well attacker could embed their profile in iframe on any other pages, so better close whole internet. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't understand what you risk, but this morning when I opened Steam, I received a strange message, saying me someone logged from another device, showing me a list of two IPs, one was mine, since there was the name I choose for my PC, the other had no name, but the IP was the same of mine. To be sure I changed my password, deactivating all devices, even if I log on Steam only with this PC.

I received a password reset e-mail in my inbox some months back. I'm actually surprised it took as long as it did for somebody to go that far since I've never been shy about posting screenshots of the client with my account name clearly visible. Needless to say, though, nothing happened.

Momentary

Banned
New UE4 game "The Vagrant" on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight. It definitely takes it's inspiration from Dragon's Crown. But hey, I'll take what I can get.

Looks better than most of the crap on Greenlight. I'm kind of interested. Especially if this gets the attention of ATLUS/NISA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU IDIOTS BRING YOUR JP AWESOMENESS TO STEAM!!!! Please. Sorry for calling you idiots.

Most guys here in Saudi use Visa and I dont want to. Its really frustrating

Shall I just make a new account? Gutted the $40 is going to waste :(

I'd try to contact Support, it's gonna take some time, but maybe you'll get an useful answer.

my first foil card from idle master

hjJmH41.jpg

its $1.15 in the market :(

Hey, you are from Saudi Arabia, right?

There's someone else here who's from there as well and is having some issues with Steam wallet funds, did you ever have any trouble with that?

Nabs

Duck Game is the one to watch if you're into multiplayer insanity.

I watched a playthrough on the Adultswim twitch stream last week and it looked like a blast with friends.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's an XSS exploit, effectively evil people could use it to send trade requests, edit your profile, buy stuff on the Market & more.
Not many profiles have abused this yet, and I haven't seen any yet that use it maliciously so you should be good until it's fixed.

Someone should probably make a thread about this on the gaming discussion side of the forum.

L.O.R.D

Most guys here in Saudi use Visa and I dont want to. Its really frustrating

Shall I just make a new account? Gutted the $40 is going to waste :(

hi ThePliskin , how are you ?
BTW , i am aos10 from true gaming :)

not all of us use visa
i am also using the steam card , or paypal

try this link

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319970/?cc=sa

or this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319970/?cc=us

you could try to contact steam support to verify you ar living in saudi arabia , it happened to some of my friends also

Mista

Banned
I'd try to contact Support, it's gonna take some time, but maybe you'll get an useful answer.

I did and hopefully they dont take a lot of time to reply

hi ThePliskin , how are you ?
BTW , i am aos10 from true gaming :)

not all of us use visa
i am also using the steam card , or paypal

try this link

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319970/?cc=sa

or this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319970/?cc=us

Hey buddy, good to see you here :)

Thats a relief to know someone is using the Steam Cards. Are they in Dollars?

I tried them both man and no use at all. Download region on Steam client is Saudi Arabia too

L.O.R.D

Hey buddy, good to see you here :)

Thats a relief to know someone is using the Steam Cards. Are they in Dollars?

I tried them both man and no use at all. Download region on Steam client is Saudi Arabia too

yes, i bought it from panda 2 month ago , the SA and US store use the same pricing

its the US steam card and it work every where

Deitus

New UE4 game "The Vagrant" on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight. It definitely takes it's inspiration from Dragon's Crown. But hey, I'll take what I can get.

Looks better than most of the crap on Greenlight. I'm kind of interested. Especially if this gets the attention of ATLUS/NISA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU IDIOTS BRING YOUR JP AWESOMENESS TO STEAM!!!! Please. Sorry for calling you idiots.

Looks more Odin Sphere than Dragon's Crown. And I mean reaaaally like Odin Sphere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Currently 1$ for Bloop: Reloaded or BTA of $1.33 for Bloop at IGS.
I had neither so I picked em up!

https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Thanks for the heads-up.

No, it wasn't a notification on my mail. It was a notification on Steam.
As soon as I opened, it showed me a message, saying something like:

"Someone logged from another device with your steam credentials."

23-40-23.40 nameofmycomputer

This morning. Only thing I did was logging on Steamgift by the usual method, and I need to put the security code because I cleaned my cache, but I never received such a message in 8 years I'm on Steam.

Also how they can change your profile, sending trade requests if they have no access to my account? This bug can bypass login data?

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. If all of the stated info matched exactly then you have nothing to worry about.

Terra_Ex

See this is why Japan needs to get its shit together and get more of their stuff on PC, they can only rest on their console laurels for so long before somebody else is going to come along and grab the money that's sitting on the table.

The game also looks pretty nice, incidentally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom