• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

just how do you kill these shadow dudes effectively in alwan wake, dudes take a lot of shots with flashlight pointed at them

tumblr_nbdtiiWPrK1rrjt38o1_500.gif

DocSeuss

Sigils of Elohim is fun and free. Tie in to Talos Principle, super cool.

just how do you kill these shadow dudes effectively in alwan wake, dudes take a lot of shots with flashlight pointed at them

1) Environment
2) Flares
3) Flashlight UNTIL their shields pop (you can't hurt them with bullets until the shield is gone)
4) Flare gun
5) Flashbangs

It's a game about enemy management; worry less about damaging them and more about moving them around the space until it's time to damage them.

should I buy dragon age inquisition? its tempting

I played it OBSESSIVELY until the final mission, then just sorta stopped. According to most of my friends who've played it... well, they've had the same experience. It's great and then on further reflection, it really isn't.

Nabs

fuck world 6 in hexcells infinite

i've been stuck in 6-3 for half an hour with literally zero progress

Like okiemok said, start off by counting and eliminating from there.

Also, if you want borderless windowed mode (works with a good number of unity games) add -popupwindow to launch options and run it in windowed mode.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hint - use the number of remaining
Like okiemok said, start off by counting and eliminating from there.
ty, but managed to figure out that 100% on my own

definitely not thanks to chariot pm'ing me that while neogaf was steamcommunity'd

Also, if you want borderless windowed mode (works with a good number of unity games) add -popupwindow to launch options and run it in windowed mode.
nah, i play this game on windowed so i can alt tab and take notes in mspaint :p

ty for the tip tho

Anteater

Sigils of Elohim is fun and free. Tie in to Talos Principle, super cool.

1) Environment
2) Flares
3) Flashlight UNTIL their shields pop (you can't hurt them with bullets until the shield is gone)
4) Flare gun
5) Flashbangs

It's a game about enemy management; worry less about damaging them and more about moving them around the space until it's time to damage them.

yeaaah i just couldn't tell if their "shield" comes off, it takes a lot of shots to kill each of them

Dr Dogg

Well seeing GAF's not dead, good news AssCreed fans! It looks like Rogue's DD Edition has 10 apps now so fingers crossed you can disable the Time Saver DLC and do all the collectable chasing yourself!

https://steamdb.info/sub/60116/apps/

The older I get, the more money I earn and the more pathetic my social life becomes. So of course I throw masses of disposable income at my PC or a new set of Golf Bats! I'm fucked when I'll start having a mid life crisis.

T-swizzle isn't random. I never stuck with one avatar in the first place.

I don't know, this response from her was a little random.

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/512110285507686400/photo/1

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Got 21 dollars on my steam account. I wonder if I should just leave those there until one of the sales come around.

Zeliard

Hey pals, long time.

I bought The Talos Principle yesterday and it's wonderful. The puzzles are intelligently designed and brilliantly ramp up in difficulty, and there's also a non-linear element to level progression (it's hub-based) so you're able to go off and tackle relatively easier puzzles if you're stuck on a difficult one.

Puzzles frequently benefit from some out-of-the-box thinking and there's a physical aspect to it (aided by the fact that your run speed is very fast) that means you can get through scenarios in some off-kilter, creative ways if your timing is right.

Thematically, there's a strand of impressively lucid philosophy of A.I. that runs through it, which if you're into that sort of thing, is very well-portrayed, with some well-written musings on the nature of life and the possibly imaginary line dividing man and machine. All of it clearly ties into the plot and the character you're playing, but I've yet to see exactly how, though there are plenty of educated guesses one can make since they like to dole out the clues.

Buy it and love it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hey pals, long time.

I bought The Talos Principle yesterday and it's wonderful. The puzzles are intelligently designed and brilliantly ramp up in difficulty, and there's also a non-linear element to level progression (it's hub-based) so you're able to go off and tackle relatively easier puzzles if you're stuck on a difficult one.

Puzzles frequently benefit from some out-of-the-box thinking and there's a physical aspect to it (aided by the fact that your run speed is very fast) that means you can get through scenarios in some off-kilter, creative ways if your timing is right.

Thematically, there's a strand of impressively lucid philosophy of A.I. that runs through it, which if you're into that sort of thing, is very well-portrayed, with some well-written musings on the nature of life and the possibly imaginary line dividing man and machine. All of it clearly ties into the plot and the character you're playing, but I've yet to see exactly how, though there are plenty of educated guesses one can make since they like to dole out the clues.

Buy it and love it.

just be sure to get ALL the collectibles (that includes the stars) or else you won't be able to get all the endings :)

Turfster

Flashlight first until they "pop", then shoot.
Also, whatever you do, don't walk over the same trigger line, because everything will just respawn... again and again.
Basically, if you don't like the mechanic, don't bother with the game and just watch a LP of it, because that's all there fucking is to it.

what the hell is this?

The best infosec source on the internet.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope you have mspaint ready to go. that middle part is a toughy.
yeah, got to 1 mistake cos i miscounted because i forgot about that troll 8 section in the middle, but progressed a bit thanks to mspaint lol

this game gets brutal later on

what the hell is this?
i have no idea how i stumbled into this, but for some reason i find it really funny

Tizoc

Hey pals, long time.

Buy it and love it.

It's one of my Goty 2015 games it is also releasing on PS4 for which I plan on double dipping.

MadGear

Finally a sign of life of this game :D

I'm really curious how well all of these arena shooters (Toxikk, UT, Reflex, Bluestreak, ...) will be received and of course which one them will end up being actively played. I guess its fair to assume that as of right now UT has the best shot at coming out on top, if only for its name. I just hope that Bluestreak isn't just another carbon copy of UT ... and that its not your typical Nexon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom